All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Moon Patrol

On 27/03/2016 at 3:50 PM, smario said:

...... That would mean once you developed strategies for every section of the champion stage your scores would rise rapidly, wouldn't it?

Well, I certainly wouldn't be able to answer that one, seeing that I am still trying to get through the entire Champion Stage.  I wouldn't be surprised if it looped and remained the same each one though.

On 3/27/2016 at 3:50 PM, smario said:

Managed to get into level 3 for the first time last night. Judging from what little I saw of level 3 I reckon the champion stage loops indefinitely. Can anyone confirm this? That would mean once you developed strategies for every section of the champion stage your scores would rise rapidly, wouldn't it?

I'm not sure either.  To be honest, I've never made it through the whole first stage yet on MAME.  Atari I made it through all 3 I think one time, but I don't remember what happens after that.

Good score by the way!  Keep yourself from being beaten!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

I had another good run - 181,060 (loop 3 stage R)

As I was suspecting loop 3 is the same as loop 2 in terms of terrain and obstacles and the general way in which enemies appear. However, it seemed that the enemy flotillas consist of more saucers which certainly drop more bombs (aaargh!). :)

30.03.2016194203.png

• Like 1

Wow, that is a great score for Moon Patrol!  

Just think, if you put the same effort into some of the other games we have on the games list, you would be looking at a top 5 spot in the Leaderboard for sure!  Great job!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, GimmeClassics said:

What a gem of a game :) I can't believe it's from 1982. I'll definitely play this game in the next couple of weeks.

Here's my first score: 13,910 points

~ GC

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

mpatrolw0002.png

welcome home  :)

• Like 1

Well said.  Family getting along ok? :)  Gotta say, Moon Patrol is a classic in my house.  We played it on the Atari 800 computer all the time.  (Atari 800 is basically (from an emulation standpoint) an Atari 5200 with a keyboard and disk drive.  It was a game I remember very vividly.  Having the ability to play games like this again makes me yearn for those easier days of life.  The nice thing about MAME is that it plays the original, and not a home console port.  So the sound and graphics look a lot better.  Yet, I still would rather play the Atari version (the 1 button joystick controls were easier).

• 11 months later...