All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Moon Patrol

On 3/18/2016 at 7:43 PM, wolfman24 said:

finally was patient with the mines lol

Awesome job!  Keep at it!

21 hours ago, ExedExes said:

Oh dear there's still activity here.

ExedExes - 87,130

Of course there is!  We never left!  Glad you're back EE!

4 hours ago, rtkiii said:

Made some progress and made it through first round...55,350

Yup, once you make it through the first round you pretty much just rinse and repeat!

Thanks guys for all your awesome participation.  Win or lose, you all rock!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

On 14/03/2016 at 11:16 AM, hansolo77 said:

Why?  This game is epic.  Is it because we have no chance of beating our top players? :) And that takes mad skills to make your score a palindrome.  LOL!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Nice palindrome observation!

10 hours ago, ExedExes said:

Looking at rtkiii's submission, I think he was using the original Irem set and not MPatrolW as the first post had. All of our screenshots on the correct set have Williams and not Irem.

Good catch.  I wonder what the difference between the two is.  Is it just a bit of coding change to show Williams?  If that's all it is, I don't really care.  If there's more to it, like (dis)advantages to difficulty, scores aren't added the same, etc.. then yeah we'll have to negate the submissions.  I did a quick Google search to see if I could identify any differences, but came up short.  Anybody have any ideas or something to offer?

18 hours ago, ExedExes said:

Looking at rtkiii's submission, I think he was using the original Irem set and not MPatrolW as the first post had. All of our screenshots on the correct set have Williams and not Irem.

Aw crap....you're right.  I'll try to do another run later once I get the correct ROM loaded on my Cabinet

It's alright rtkiii.  If you were using the MAP file, it wouldn't have been an issue.  :)  I'm sure you'll post a new score that's even better with the official Williams version of the ROM.  Just let me know!

@smario - I got your score too!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

On 20/03/2016 at 3:59 PM, smario said:

Finally made it past stage J in the champions course... only to discover not one but two new minefields :huh:

20.03.2016155543.png

Nice run!

• Like 1

I was trying to boost my DK score last night, but ended up frustrated cause I couldn’t score worth a damn, was dying stupid deaths galore and overall seemed to completely have forgotten how to play that game.

I then decided to play MP for just one run, for practice, to not get too rusty. But boy, this single run really went well. I didn’t lose a single life until stage F in the champions course and even had 3 lives left after that pesky minefield at M. You really get a lot of points after like halfway through the course, with the time cap at 120 seconds and getting 800 to 1000 bonus points for shooting down each saucer flotilla.

Anyway, I really dig this one!

Happy Easter to all of the community!

23.03.2016215904.png

21 minutes ago, smario said:

I was trying to boost my DK score last night, but ended up frustrated cause I couldn’t score worth a damn, was dying stupid deaths galore and overall seemed to completely have forgotten how to play that game.

I then decided to play MP for just one run, for practice, to not get too rusty. But boy, this single run really went well. I didn’t lose a single life until stage F in the champions course and even had 3 lives left after that pesky minefield at M. You really get a lot of points after like halfway through the course, with the time cap at 120 seconds and getting 800 to 1000 bonus points for shooting down each saucer flotilla.

Anyway, I really dig this one!

Happy Easter to all of the community!

23.03.2016215904.png

Wow!  Nice run SMario!!  That'll be tough to beat!

As for ol DK, you are best to not get too frustrated on it.  It is such an evil game at times.  The randomness of the wild barrels, the unpredictability of the fireballs, the high frequency of springs on Elevator Stages 3 and higher, the pie factory mania!!  It is an epic game that very few in this world can truly master!!  

I am currently shooting for a 200k run, but it seems so unlikely that it will happen, which is very frustrating for me. 

• Like 1

On 14/03/2016 at 4:21 PM, rtkiii said:

Just take your time with the mines, slow pace...you'll see they are not that bad, :) - of course I can only score 30k+ so I'm not that much better.

RTKIII is right, I'll add on to what he's saying.

Try going neutral speed.  When you're heading towards a mine, wait until one full moon buggy length before the mine and then hit the jump button.  You should be safe every single jump.  Let's note that only applies to the Beginner Course mine segment, this trick won't work on advanced nearly as easily.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, millerbrad said:

Seems like every time I come in here to boost my position, the person I was going to beat already has me beat again. :ph34r:

BAM - 71,850

I think I need to try and make it to the third level this weekend.

mpatrolw71850.jpg

Hey, just trying to keep you on your toes!

• Like 1

75,980... I thought for sure I was on my way to first place. Made it all the way to the first bonus checkpoint of the second stage without losing a life. Then got buttslammed by the mobs of enemies over and over and over without being able to reach J.

Jerks.

mpatrolw75980.jpg

• Like 2

Managed to get into level 3 for the first time last night. Judging from what little I saw of level 3 I reckon the champion stage loops indefinitely. Can anyone confirm this? That would mean once you developed strategies for every section of the champion stage your scores would rise rapidly, wouldn't it?

26.03.2016151633.png