All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Moon Patrol

Moon Patrol
Moon Patrol Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 smario 181,060 smario's Hi-Score Entry
2 ExedExes 87,130 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
3 millerbrad 75,950 millerbrad's Hi-Score Entry
4 Mame Offender 75,750 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
5 rtkiii 55,350 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
6 wolfman24 48,950 wolfman24's Hi-Score Entry
7 Luigimaker 42,430 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
8 Floyd Turbo 14,750 Floyd Turbo's Hi-Score Entry
9 GimmeClassics 13,910 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
10 hansolo77 9,850 hansolo77's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by GimmeClassics: 03-31-2019

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Moon Patrol:

ROMSet: MPatrolW
Lives: 5 (Default is 4, so don't miss changing this one!)
Bonus Life: 10000 (TG only allows ONE extra life, so make sure you change this value!)
Flip screen: Off
Cabinet: Upright
Unknown: Off
Stop Mode [Cheat]: Off
Sector Selction [Cheat]: Off
Invulnerability [Cheat]: Off
Service Mode: Off
Special Rules: Continues are NOT allowed!

The green coloured default values match the Twin Galaxies settings.
The red coloured values need to be changed!

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide: :link:
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide: :link:
# general rules for submitting you hi-score: :link:

• Like 2

Much anticipated, and unfortunately delayed (sorry about that guys!).. We proudly present for your enjoyment...

MOON PATROL
This game was selected by yours truly to be the Bonus Game after our Punisher GOTM competition.  Though never having made it until now.  It should be noted, this is NOT the game GC teased about adding in his most recent posts.  This is purely a freebie from me because I feel ashamed in our neglection (heh not a true word) to add new games.  So have at it you scoundrels! 

Good time to be doing this, as my competitive streak from the Yolympics hasn't ended! This was also in IGBY 2014.

Using the current settings (5 lives/10k extra only) on the Williams set for MP (taken @ the copyright screen since no initials are possible here)

ExedExes - 79,900

0000.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ExedExes said:

Good time to be doing this, as my competitive streak from the Yolympics hasn't ended! This was also in IGBY 2014.

Using the current settings (5 lives/10k extra only) on the Williams set for MP (taken @ the copyright screen since no initials are possible here)

ExedExes - 79,900

0000.png

We've made a little (one-time) exception to our rule not adding games which lack an in game hi-score table...but heh...it's a classic gem ! It has also been added to Tony Mott's 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die ;)

Nice score EX !

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

Oh did we have that rule?  I don't remember.  I can understand why that would be kind of important.. maybe I should change the rules to my thread I created for people to suggest games they want to play.. to say they HAVE to have an in-game table.

ANYWAY!!  Good job EX!  I probably could have done better.. I just wanted to get a score posted so I could create the actual table in the Database Manger program we use, and to have it built for the OP.  I'm definitely coming back to this!  :)

Improved but over 40k behind Exed...sweet crap I did not realize how good he did.  I know I can get through the Beginner stages of MP, but not sure how much further ill get.  Nice score Exed!

WP_20160308_008.jpg

• Like 1

On our Atari 800, I used to run this game through twice before I lost all my lives.  I wonder if the settings we use makes it that much more difficult.  Still, I loved this game back then!

Nice update rtkiii!  I'm sure EE is shaking in his boots.  :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

2 hours ago, wolfman24 said:

Those mines are what makes my score stay in the 12k range lol

Just take your time with the mines, slow pace...you'll see they are not that bad, :) - of course I can only score 30k+ so I'm not that much better

Back in the day, I'd come home from elementary school and play this on the Atari 2600 at my babysitter's house. I think I was able to get to the third set of levels back then. That stupid speeder that flies up your butt was one of the first sources of video games controller abuse from me. 

45,850 points. I'll be back for more before the month is over. B)

Just a heads-up to everyone that GameEx uses the "mpatrol" version of the game by default. So, you might need to do some feneggling to play the correct "mpatrolW" Williams version.

45850mpatrolw.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks guys for the eagerness and support by posting new scores!  Glad you guys like this one.  When I played this on the Atari 800, I always thought those "mines" were "Rocks".  Maybe it made it less scary for me?  All I remember is the rocket coming up behind you at later stages and you have to time your jump just right.  Good times!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

PS, what do you guys think of that larger marquee image?  Since GC typically does them for new games, and he's been sorta AWOL, I had to settle with doing it myself.  Adultery has storage set aside for them, but I don't really know how to use it, so I just found a high res marquee through Google, uploaded it to a photo hosting site, and then linked to that.  Does the larger image work for you?  I think it looks awesome, and it looks like the forum is properly shrinking it to fit too.  Just curious.

@millerbrad - Nice job!  Way to keep pushing forward!

@smario - You just suck.  :P  Didn't you see millerbrad trying to post a score, then you just come in and blow it away.  What a jerk!  HEHE LOL!  I guess it's ok because your previous score was higher than his too.  Keep trying millerbrad!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1