All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Games You'd Like to See!

I've created and pinned this thread to the top of our main page so everybody can find it easily.

Do you have a game or list of games you'd like to see us have added to our competition?  We'd love to hear from you!  This is YOUR competition, so give us your games and we'll make it happen!  In the past, we've looked to our users to supply us with game suggestions for our competition.  Recently, things have become difficult in the real world, and keeping a fresh competition has fallen slightly irregular.  We don't like to see this.  We like seeing activity.  So in an effort to try and liven things up, we're going to try and go back to the old way with polls, and a GAME OF THE MONTH (with the bonus being that game the GOTM winner would like to see).  Be forewarned.  Your game suggestions might not make it into the competition right away.  We hope to get a lot of suggestions, and feel it only fair to give each game it's chance to shine.  So please be patient!

So here our the rules for submissions:

• Please check and make sure the game hasn't already been submitted before.  Going forward, this is a clean slate.
  • If you have the ability, please play the game and verify it has some manner of high score table in game.
  • If the game doesn't have an in-game high score table, at least verify it is capable of displaying the current score when you're dead.
  • Please consider the controls.  If the game requires anything more than a joystick and action buttons, not a lot of people will be able to participate.  Sure we want Star Wars (needs a Yoke) or some racing game (requires a wheel or spinner).  But we need to keep it simple so everybody can play.

We may add more rules as we become aware of how this process plays out.  But in the mean time, enjoy!  We look forward to hearing from you!

-GameEx HS Moderating Team

• Like 1

Currently Suggested Games (in alphabetical order):

1. 10-Yard Fight (video) (TG)
  2. 1942 (suggested twice!) (video)
  3. Arabian (video)
  4. Armored Car (video) (TG)
  5. Black Tiger (video) (TG)
  6. Block Hole (video)
  7. Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
  8. Congo Bongo
  9. Cybattler (video)
  10. Daioh (video) (TG)
  11. Desert Assault (video)
  12. Domino Man (video)
  13. Eggs
  14. Eswat Cyber Police (video)
  15. Exerion (video)
  16. Fire Trap (video) (TG)
  17. Gradius III (updated to 3 because TG doesn't have an entry for 2) (video)
  18. Gunlock (video)
  19. Horizon (video)
  20. HyperSports (video)
  21. Iron Horse (video) (TG)
  22. Journey (???) (video)
  23. Kicker (video)
  24. Legend of Kage (video) (TG)
  25. Magical Crystals (video)
  26. Metal Slug 2 (video) (TG)
  27. Metal Slug 3 (video) (TG)
  28. Metal Slug 4 (video) (TG)
  29. Metro-Cross
  30. Mustache Boy
  31. Nibbler (video) (TG)
  32. Nightmare in the Dark (video)
  33. Pacman (video)
  34. Paperboy (video) (TG) (might have controller issues...)
  35. Pinball Action (video)
  36. Pinbo (video) (TG)
  37. Q-Bert's Qubes (video)
  38. Raiden II (video)
  39. Rescue (video)
  40. Satan's Hollow (video)
  41. Solar Fox (video) (TG)
  42. Strikeforce (video)
  43. Timber (video)
  44. TMNT2: Turtles in Time (video)
  45. Trog (video)
  46. Twin Cobra (video) (TG) (suggested twice!)
  47. Twin Eagle II: The Rescue Mission (video)
  48. Wacko (video)
  49. Zoo Keeper (video) (TG)

Hi all!

Now that the Yolympics are over, and my team came from behind in the last hour of the tour from 3rd to tie for 1st, I am more than excited at that result.

I'm ready to return here!

Looking through what I have on MAME now that satisfy the outlined requirements:

Bay Route

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

Desert Assault

Exerion

Growl

Pinball Action

Twin Cobra

Twin Eagle II: The Rescue Mission

That's it for now, but I can get a few more if needed.

• Like 1

@ Exes:  Yeah, what a comeback you guys made right in the last hour, that was as close as it could possibly get!

Just a small handful for now I'd like to see:

Rescue

Raiden

Twin Cobra

Tiger Heli (Fast Chopper!!)

Eswat Cyber Police

Satan's Hallow

M.O.

Thanks guys!  This was a spur of the moment idea when I saw the March Game? thread.  I tried to find the old thread we were using for suggestions, and couldn't locate it.  So I figured I'd just make a new one and make it more official by pinning it.  :) Keep those suggestions coming!

I'll add them, but I think Pacman was asked for years ago and we learned we couldn't do it because it doesn't have an in game high score table, or there was some other complications..  As for Moon Patrol, that was actually my chosen game I sent to GC back when I won the Punisher GOTM title.  See here for the deets.  So anyway, that game will definitely find its way into the competition soon.'

@Adultery... I don't know if we should add Journey or not.  I mean, doesn't it require a special MAME mod to be able to work, because of the audio cassette function when you beat the game?  I'll add it with some question marks.  :)

No one wants it, believe me. It's the mudkip of arcade games. :)

I didn't know anything about it needing a mod, it plays fine in my cab without the fancy audio?

7 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

How about Michael Jackson's Moonwalker?

Added to the list!

27 minutes ago, wolfman24 said:

Gekisou Kappa

I can't find a MAME snap for this game.  Are you sure this is the correct name?  I found "Gekisou"..

I'm not familiar with some of these.. do any of them require special controllers?  Like Track and Field, does it require floor pads?  And Congo Bongo, does it use Congo drums (duh I know it's a platformer)?  But seriously, I think I should add an extra rule that games suggested need to be easily playable with standard controls (so we don't get like Star Wars (yoke) or some racing games that need a wheel, or Arkanoid (but I WANT Arkanoid!)).

Track a field just needs 3 buttons, nothing special.

Paperboy would be the "special" and needs some fine tuning of the controls, so I understand if that never gets picked but I did get it working on my cabinet from a forum post...somewhere :)

• 2 weeks later...