All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Stuttering with VPX

Mirkin

Hi all.

I have Demolition Man running on my cab in VPX creamy smooth. Until I play it through pinballX when it stutters like crazy.

Also if I play Dirty Harry through pinballX (I didn't try another yet) without B2S running the flippers lock up. Again, why??

I never had any issues with PinballX before VPX but now I have a lot!

I have no idea why this and any advise is very welcome.

Cheers for looking.

You may want to provide copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files so we can take a look at your settings.

Please click on the PinballX How to ask for help link in my signature for instructions on how to locate the files and submit them for us to review. 

Hi Draco

Thanks for the reply.

I won't get a chance until later, but if you take a look at this topic you can see my files. 

I hardly used pinballx since then because of the issue described in that thread.

I'm thinking a fresh install might be the way to go. If I do that which files do I need to copy back across to get it working the same. I really don't want to manually add 80 tables again :huh:?

If this info is no good I'll get more recent files later.

Thanks again.

Hi draco

Here are the files you requested.

I've tried updating to version 2.12 oveer the top of my existing installation and also doing a fresh installation.

All of tyhe problems that I've described in the two posts above still persist.

If you need any more info just ask.

Thanks for the support.

log.txt

PinballX.ini

• 1 month later...

Hi Mirkin,

I made the same experience: VPX tables stuttering in PinballX, but playing smooth directly in VPX. I found out that deactivating the compatibility mode in the PinballX Icon solved the problem for me ("Window XP" was activated).

Just give it a try!

Regards

Timo