All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinKadia! The Ultimate virtual Pinball / Arcade / PC combo cabinet!

TerryRed

Love that Iron Man table, really makes the best use of the lighting of any single table I've seen you do yet!

For anyone that can't watch the entire video, the first few seconds starting at the time stamp below, gives you a good idea of the overall effects throughout, and there are others that are equally as good if not better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tron Legacy (Ultimate 1.13) (SLAMT1LT) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

The Ultimate Tron Legacy virtual pinball cabinet experience...and only on Future Pinball with DOFLinx!

A video that shows off this excellent table with amazing DOFLinx cabinet effects can be seen at this link (in my cabinet) :

Features:

- amazing animated 5 RGB flasher effects

- RGB undercab lighting changes based on characters, multiball, and game modes

- gear motor operates with the Recognizer's movement

- shaker motor and blower fan operates for cinematic videos, and many table events

- 10 solenoid support for all mechanical devices (flipper, slings, bumpers, etc)

- beacon lights up during cinematics and certain game modes

- strobe effects throughout

- animated effects for: Video Game mode, Disc Wars, Clu Ball, Light Cycle Battle, Zeus multiball, Drain, Orbits, Challenge of the Grid, etc...

- Ramp: animated flasher effects change colour based on mode and game progression

- all effects combine for an amazing feedback and light show like no other pinball game!

Table will be available at PinSimDB, when it's approved.

It's crazy.... there's over 1000 lines of DOFLinx commands and my own code that I put into this table!

Avatar (ULTIMATE 1.01) (p2.6) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

The Ultimate AVATAR virtual pinball cabinet experience...and only on Future Pinball with DOFLinx!

A video that shows off this excellent table with amazing DOFLinx cabinet effects can be seen at this link (in my cabinet) :

Features:

- animated explosion and machine gun flasher effects

- RGB undercab lighting changes based on multiball, score and game modes

- gear motor operates with the AMP Mech Walker's movement

- shaker motor and blower fan operates for magnets, cinematic videos, and many table events

- 10 solenoid support for all mechanical devices (flipper, slings, bumpers, etc)

- flasher effects change colour based on mode and game progression

- Start, Coin, Launch Ball button lights: flash / On / Off during table events / functions

- all effects combine for an amazing feedback and light show!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stigzler said:

Can you get all these effects going with mame games? That'd be sooo cool. 1942 with whizz-bangs...

Yes and no....  and for ANY program, not just MAME.

The "animated effects" are programmed by me into the VB script of each Future Pinball table. It's custom, and not an "automatic" type of function that just automatically works for each table.

DOFLinx at its core works with many functions...one of them is a "Key To Output".  This basically means that if you push Key "[whatever you configured]", an "Output" of your Led-Wiz, PacLed64, etc will turn on (LED,shaker, strobe,etc).

So for MAME you can craate individual config files per game. So you could have 1942's " bomb / flasjh" button make the strobes or other flashers go off for a timed amount. It's very simple and not vey controlled....but there you have it.

You definitely got it going on Terry!  Efficient, neat construction, and consistently churning out massive steps forward with your rig as if you've been doing it forever! 

Do you ever sleep? :lol:

Would you mind sharing some of your hardware sources?  My build is an odd one with no dedicated body under the play-field to hide components in, so I'm most likely only looking for how to incorporate two upper flashers, and the back flashers below the DMD monitor.  These two seem areas seem to provide the most punch, and plungers, nudging, and force feedback are pretty much out with my concept.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tthurman said:

You definitely got it going on Terry!  Efficient, neat construction, and consistently churning out massive steps forward with your rig as if you've been doing it forever! 

Do you ever sleep? :lol:

Would you mind sharing some of your hardware sources?  My build is an odd one with no dedicated body under the play-field to hide components in, so I'm most likely only looking for how to incorporate two upper flashers, and the back flashers below the DMD monitor.  These two seem areas seem to provide the most punch, and plungers, nudging, and force feedback are pretty much out with my concept.

Pretty much all of my lighting I ordered from Ali-Express.  Took about 2 months to arrive.

The led strips for my "flashers' were just normal strip kits for a PC case connected to an Led-Wiz.   The rest is normal cheap Chinese stuff.

If ordering from China...be patient...and order extra...maybe even from more than one place in case your order is lost.... most of it is really cheap.

Thanks Terry!

So a Tennsy (which one) controller board programed with DOF

2M, 144 IP30 , w/black PCB   - Qty 5 (2 full strips up each side, 3 full strips each cut at .5 m to create a matrix consisting of 6 rows)  Was the shelf mounting bracket support you used aluminum so it also served as a  heat sink, or is that even necessary with these strips.  I've got two of those in steel leaning in the corner of my garage, I'd love to re-purpose them.

5V - 60A PSU

All this is independently controlled, correct?  So no need for LED WIZ too.

3 hours ago, tthurman said:

Thanks Terry!

So a Tennsy (which one) controller board programed with DOF

2M, 144 IP30 , w/black PCB   - Qty 5 (2 full strips up each side, 3 full strips each cut at .5 m to create a matrix consisting of 6 rows)  Was the shelf mounting bracket support you used aluminum so it also served as a  heat sink, or is that even necessary with these strips.  I've got two of those in steel leaning in the corner of my garage, I'd love to re-purpose them.

5V - 60A PSU

All this is independently controlled, correct?  So no need for LED WIZ too.

Before you go any further.... know that the addressable leds are ONLY supported  by Visual Pinball and Pinball X.... not Future Pinball or Pinball FX2.

That being said, yes what you listed there is what you would need, as well as some small bits for the Teensy, wire, network cable,etc...

The addressable leds are completely controlled by the Teensy through DOF, and nothing else is used (no Led-Wiz). Goto this link for more information about setting up the software,etc:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2180-addressable-rgbs/?page=18

Led-Wiz and Sainsmart boards are used for the other types of lighting and cabinet toys.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stigzler said:

Sooo... 1942 with flashers, lights, whirlygigs and whazziknackers.. would be awesome to see...

Just sayin....

*whistles

Code it stgz :D

7 hours ago, TerryRed said:

Before you go any further.... know that the addressable leds are ONLY supported  by Visual Pinball and Pinball X.... not Future Pinball or Pinball FX2.

Thanks for pointing that out, but as has been evidenced with my history....I'm planning for the future at this point.  I need to allow space for the matrix below the DMD monitor, etc.

Additionally, I was trying to gauge what costs are involved.  It's an undeniably incredible dimension it adds, which your videos demonstrate extremely well!

7 minutes ago, tthurman said:

Code it stgz :D

Thanks for pointing that out, but as has been evidenced with my history....I'm planning for the future at this point.  I need to allow space for the matrix below the DMD monitor, etc.

Additionally, I was trying to gauge what costs are involved.  It's an undeniably incredible dimension it adds, which your videos demonstrate extremely well!

Good thinking.  

Even people who already have the flashers at the back of the playfield, can still have the addressable leds with a single strip on the sides, and a "single" strip matrix at the back of the playfield at the bottom of their flashers bar (and have them all line up).  It would look awesome.

If I were to rebuild my backbox and middle section and I used a DMD.... I may have considered having normal flashers directly below the DMD (still on the backbox), and have the LED matrix at the back of the playfield.  Then I would either have a PB2K type of backglass, or use my "extra" screen as a topper (but still have it show the same stuff).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TerryRed said:

a "single" strip matrix

That could make for a wicked Battlestar Galactica table, for some Cylon Eye movement.

Perhaps you should start a second build :)

I spent some time investigating the star base led's in combination with a aluminum bar heat sink, but the addressable LED's just takes it to such a different level that the standard flashers look really old school.  Don't get me wrong, I like them, and may still yet go that route.  The important thing I know now is to leave about 7 or 8 U's open under the DMD.

BTW, if you get the chance, I'd really be interested to know which model teensy you went with to see if I'm thinking correctly.  I sort of did a crash course in addressable LED's yesterday by dissecting some of your posts from back in July.

Based purely on my assumptions, I would guess the 2.0 or ++ 2.0, but found it interesting they list those as "legacy" models.  I suppose 3.3 v is the wave of the LED future.....

Tron Legacy (STERN) (ULTIMATE) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

After all these years... the Ultimate Tron Legacy STERN virtual pinball cabinet experience is here! ...and only on Future Pinball with DOFLinx!

When the table first loads, press START (1) to turn on the table! :)

Features:

- animated explosion and Light Jet machine gun flasher effects, and Light Cycle effects

- RGB undercab lighting changes based on multiball, game modes, and much more

- gear motor operates when shooting at the spinning disc

- shaker motor and blower fan operates for many table events

- flasher effects change colour based on mode and game progression

- Start, Coin, Launch Ball button lights: flash / On / Off during table events / functions

For SLAMT1LT's newest versions of his tables (without DOFLinx support), goto his website:

http://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium

Watch the video. This is a really cool table!

• Like 1

Sexy edition :) Nice back-glass!

That table is full of nice little subtle touches.  In addition to the opening sequence I really like the coin drop "we have a guest".  Like you said, really shows the passion slamt1lt put into this one.  This is like the poster child for VP!

2 minutes ago, tthurman said:

The bonus ball is really cool, "identify yourself program", too much good stuff in this one!

All of SLAM's tables have sooooo many voice overs and quotes, and he really knows how to make good use of them! There's more to these tables than what I can show you in these videos.... but these videos show a lot of the cool stuff that most people haven't seen before.

This table truly is a good poster child for "Future Pinball" and "virtual pinball"....    Just had to clarify that since a lot of people may think VP is Visual Pinball.

I don’t know if you guys realize this….but I actually don’t even hear these games while I record them. I have the speakers turned off. The only thing I hear is the noise of the solenoids from the cabinet. The game sound is recorded with the playfield capture, and then I sync everything up afterward. This allows for much better sound in the video. I get to know these tables real well while doing the mods. I imagine what voices or sounds are played in my head so I don’t talk over them. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Star Wars Death Star Assault (ULTIMATE 1.04) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

The most explosive and Ultimate Star Wars pinball experience is here...and only on Future Pinball with DOFLinx!

Features:

- activate the Lightsabers (during attract mode) with the FIRE / 2nd flipper / Special Button
- animated explosion, Tie Fighter, and X-wing blaster RGB flashers effects
- RGB undercab lighting changes based on the intense action
- gear motor operates everytime R2-D2 rotates his head
- shaker motor and blower fan operates for explosions and other table events
- Millennium Falcon Video mode!
- Chewie gets angry if you don't give him money!
- lots of video clips and sound effects for non-stop action!

I was glad that I was able to get this done before I'll be gone for 4 months.

Another great video demo that's worth watching to the end....

• Like 2