All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinKadia! The Ultimate virtual Pinball / Arcade / PC combo cabinet!

TerryRed

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a demo of the new program DOFLinx (formerly DOFFX2) by DDH69. I've been beta testing it for a while now. This program has many more features and now provides full true feedback for Future Pinball using DOF.

This means support for all of the modern pinball cabinet toys, lighting and feedback for Led-Wiz, Sainsmart USB, PACLED64, and KL25Z.

This is my first attempt at doing anything with VB script and adding feedback to a table. I modded Star Trek (Stern) Ultimate Edition by SLAMT1LT to include animated lighting effects and feedback. Here is a video demo of DOFLinx running on my cabinet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkjZit5dMWY

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TerryRed said:

Here is a demo of the new program DOFLinx (formerly DOFFX2) by DDH69. I've been beta testing it for a while now. This program has many more features and now provides full true feedback for Future Pinball using DOF.

This means support for all of the modern pinball cabinet toys, lighting and feedback for Led-Wiz, Sainsmart USB, PACLED64, and KL25Z.

This is my first attempt at doing anything with VB script and adding feedback to a table. I modded Star Trek (Stern) Ultimate Edition by SLAMT1LT to include animated lighting effects and feedback. Here is a video demo of DOFLinx running on my cabinet:

Looks awesome - although your posts could do with a few more acronyms - they're a little shy. 

Dunno if it's the same for others, but your youtube vid seems to stutter - which kinda put me off watching it - could be my pc/end but just a heads up as you seem to be putting a lot into these! 

Your table knows no bounds... :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stigzler said:

Looks awesome - although your posts could do with a few more acronyms - they're a little shy. 

Dunno if it's the same for others, but your youtube vid seems to stutter - which kinda put me off watching it - could be my pc/end but just a heads up as you seem to be putting a lot into these! 

Your table knows no bounds... :)

Video plays fine for me and others so far.... it is in 1080p 60fps on Youtube, so that could be an issue if your PC doesn't like that in certain browsers.  I know some browsers don't handle 60 fps videos too well. Most of my other videos are also in 1080p 60fps.

As for acronyms... I'm in the military, and at work "acronym" is the official language we speak. :)

I can only imagine what we must sound like to other people at times...

I have to say that I'm not seeing any video stuttering either stigz, perhaps it was just a network issue occurring while you where watching.

I love the three way video split you got going on here, and your videos are teaching me things I didn't know, especially concerning the extra work involved with future pinball.

As always thanks for keeping us up to date with your progress, as well as the helpful pincab pointers:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stigzler said:

although your posts could do with a few more acronyms - they're a little shy.

PS, I'm fairly sure this was sarcasm....being the pincab layman I am, I have no idea what " DOFLinx (formerly DOFFX2) by DDH69" etc is.  

Perhaps it's just me:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tthurman said:

PS, I'm fairly sure this was sarcasm....being the pincab layman I am, I have no idea what " DOFLinx (formerly DOFFX2) by DDH69" etc is.  

Perhaps it's just me:D

:)

Alright...

DOFLinx: more info is here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35852

and DDH69 is the guy who made it.

Led-Wiz: a controller board that you use to turn on / off leds and other devices in a pinball or arcade cabinet

Sainsmart USB: a relay board that you use to turn on / off higher powered devices like solenoids, motors, etc

PACLED 64: similar to LED-Wiz, only its used for just lights with 64 outputs

KL25Z: a great all in one controller for lights, buttons, inputs, accelerator,etc...  A really great inexpensive all in one controller for pincabs.

DOF: Direct Output Framework: software most commonly used for Visual Pinball to manage and control feedback and lighting in a pinball cabinet

VB script: Visual Basic script: The scripting language used to program Visual Pinball and Future Pinball tables

How's that....

:)

Nice post Terry... I know what you're talking about; acronyms and all! :D

Future Pinball is starting to look more attractive to me now with the addition of DOFLinx. Is there any chance you could post the modified table script for myself and others to take a look at and learn from please? I appreciate that the outputs and setup will differ on an individual basis but I for one, would love to see an example script and it would give me inspiration to start adding DOFLinx support to my FP tables.

I tried to post the table script, but it's waaaay to big and the forum won't allow it. Reading the DOFLinx guide will give you some great examples.

The great thing about DOFLinx is that the commands added to a Future Pinball table are not specific to any controller hardware or outputs. It's simply a device "type" and a "function" that is passed from Future Pinball the DOFLinx. Then DOFLinx will only make use of your hardware based on how you set it up in the DOFLinx.ini file.  If you were able to setup DOF for Visual Pinball, then setting up DOFLinx should be easy. It's the programming of the DOFLinx commands in the table that you need to learn.

5 hours ago, tthurman said:

My apologies - yes - it was playful English sarcasm. Please take it in good faith. Tbh, imho, your using acronyms helps prevent tl;dr so acronize away!

• Like 2

One thing (off topic, sorry) about that SlamT1lt Star Trek table...

...when the ball ejects from the 'mission hole' on the bottom-left of the playfield, nine times out of ten it's heading straight down between the flippers with no chance of saving it! WTF :blink:

Or is it just me?

1 hour ago, the_greeze said:

One thing (off topic, sorry) about that SlamT1lt Star Trek table...

...when the ball ejects from the 'mission hole' on the bottom-left of the playfield, nine times out of ten it's heading straight down between the flippers with no chance of saving it! WTF :blink:

Or is it just me?

That doesn't happen with me.

Are you using BAM with the proper physics 2.6 file (It's the .xml I included) for this table? If you just use the Future Pinball.exe included with normal install of Future Pinball (without BAM) then you will get weird stuff like that happen.

21 hours ago, TerryRed said:

That doesn't happen with me.

Are you using BAM with the proper physics 2.6 file (It's the .xml I included) for this table? If you just use the Future Pinball.exe included with normal install of Future Pinball (without BAM) then you will get weird stuff like that happen.

Dammit! It's been so long since I fired up FP that I forgot about the physics!

Thanks man, all's good now... :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well... here it finally is....

Aliens Legacy (Ultimate Badass Edition) (V1.12) (DOFLinx-Cabinet Edition)

DOFLinx mod by TerryRed

A video demonstration of this table running on my cabinet using DOFLinx can be seen at:

Man, this mod was alot of work, but alot of fun....but only because this table has so many cool modes and features....

You have never seen a Future Pinball table with this kind of feedback and lighting in a cabinet!

I added animated RGB flasher effects for:

-machine gun turret fire
-grenade explosions
-nuclear explosions
-flame thrower
-blow torch
-custom flasher sequences to match those of the table's
-orbit (spinner?) effects
-ship drop sequence

I made use of some combined effects like shaker / blower fan / lights.

Devices supported on this table:

Left flipper
Right flipper
Left slingshot
Right slingshot
Mid field left solenoid
Mid field center solenoid
Mid field right solenoid
Back left solenoid
Back right solenoid
Flasher, outside left
Flasher, inside left
Flasher, center
Flasher, outside right
Flasher, inside right
Blower Fan
Shaker
Gear Motor
Strobe
Beacon
Start button
Coin button
Launch Ball button
FIRE button
RGB Undercab Lighting

I had to use 14 Timers and sub routines to match up some effects with video clips.

The table is a bit hard....but if you can progress, you'll be rewarded with a nice light show and some good feedback.

• Like 2

This is completely awesome.....just when you didn't think it could get any better, you up the bar:o

I'm betting this will be one stigzler especially likes:D

Fantastic work, and your videos are like a fine wine improving with age!

Thanks for sharing this with us :cheers:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Well, here we go with another great Future Pinball original table being given the DOFLinx treatment!

I present to you.... ROBOCOP (Ultimate Edition) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)!

A video demonstration of the table running on my cabinet using DOFLinx can be seen here:

This was another fun table that is REALLY cool to play with alot of modes. The videos and sound combined with the flashing lights and feedback really make a difference!

-Robocop gun fire (Ball Launch)
-ED-209 machine gun fire (failed to comply)
-Cain spinner
-Robocop Return Fire
-red / blue sirens

I made use of some combined effects like shaker / blower fan / gear motor and flasher lights.

Left flipper
Right flipper
Left slingshot
Right slingshot
Mid field left solenoid
Mid field right solenoid
Back left solenoid
Back right solenoid
Flasher, outside left
Flasher, inside left
Flasher, center
Flasher, outside right
Flasher, inside right
Blower Fan
Shaker
Gear Motor
Strobe
Beacon
Start button
Coin button
Launch Ball button
RGB Undercab Lighting

It's getting alot easier to add DOFLinx support, though I spend more time testing, then scripting.
  • Like 2

I present another fine Future Pinball table now given the DOFLinx treatment:

Superman (Ultimate Edition) (SLAMT1LT) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

A video demonstration of the table running on my cabinet using DOFLinx can be seen here:

This is another fun table that is now even better thanks to DOFLinx.  

-Superman Ball Launch
-Machine Gun Fire
-Regenerating Sequence
-Ball Lock

I made use of some combined effects like shaker / blower fan / gear motor and flasher lights.

I made the RGB under cabinet lighting change based on events during play: Krypton Ball, Tilt, Fight, etc..

Left flipper
Right flipper
Left slingshot
Right slingshot
Mid field left solenoid
Mid field right solenoid
Back left solenoid
Back right solenoid
Flasher, outside left
Flasher, inside left
Flasher, center
Flasher, outside right
Flasher, inside right
Blower Fan
Shaker
Gear Motor
Strobe
Beacon
Start button
Coin button
Launch Ball button
RGB Undercab Lighting

Custom Backbox Overlay Frame:

I added a custom "Overlay" frame on the backglass that fits a 16:9 screen perfectly and works with the videos and LCD graphics on the backbox. (which I also relocated to the backbox as they were not visible for cabinet users). If you don't want to use this and prefer the original backbox artwork, then just use the Future Pinball editor...chose Translite...and then "unlock" and drag the "SupermanBG" Overlay off screen..and save the table.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here we have another fine Future Pinball table given the DOFLinx upgrade!

Jaws (Ultimate Edition 1.05) (p2.7) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

Original table by rom, Ultimate Edition by SLAMT1LT, DOFLinx mod by TerryRed

To see this table running on my cabinet, watch this video:

I made a "DOFLinx Future Pinball table modding video tutorial" while modding this table. It can be seen here:

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/18465-doflinx-how-to-mod-future-pinball-tables-for-full-cabinet-feedback-video-tutorials/

The table is available at PinSimDB here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-23169-jaws

Enjoy!

Iron Man (Ultimate Edition 1.06) (DOFLinx – Cabinet Edition)

A video demonstrating this table in my cabinet using DOFLinx can be seen here:

The ULTIMATE Iron Man pinball cabinet experience!

-unique animated flasher effects based on what mode you’re in

-animated machine gun effects during Iron Monger modes

-animated electrical effects for Whiplash and Iron Monger

-blower fan gives a woosh effect while flying on the ramps

-shaker motor effects for Whiplash’s and Iron Monger’s magnets, as well as machine gun and repulsor fire

-every time the repulsor is fired off with the FIRE button (launch and Iron Monger attack), the flashers slowly charge up “white” to match the video clip and then blast.

-when Iron Monger rises and lowers, the gear motor operates.

-The RGB under cabinet lighting will change based on your music selection, and also what multiball or game mode you are in

-Fire button, of course works…as does Launch, Coin, and Start

-animated Orbits left / right.

-beacon goes off during all multiball modes, bogey, jericho, do or die, and Iron Monger modes.

-strobe effects

-10 solenoid feedback for flippers, bumpers, kickers, etc.

-and other stuff I probably forgot about…

Table is available now:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-23180-iron_man

• Like 1