SpesoftPinballXConvert-It
TerryRed

PinKadia! The Ultimate virtual Pinball / Arcade / PC combo cabinet!

@TerryRed

If you were to start anew today, would you still go with the xbox controller route for as your encoder or would you use a different approach, such as the KL25Z circuit board, an i-pac or something else?

Just trying to get a good idea of what the best approach to a new cab would be today.

Thanks.

On 10/12/2018 at 5:43 PM, goofything said:

@TerryRed

If you were to start anew today, would you still go with the xbox controller route for as your encoder or would you use a different approach, such as the KL25Z circuit board, an i-pac or something else?

Just trying to get a good idea of what the best approach to a new cab would be today.

Thanks.

If I didn't have an arcade control panel at all...I would definitely go with a KL25Z Pinscape. Its a great all in one solution for controls for a pincab.

So, you don't think the KL25Z would work as well for a combined Arcade/Pinball cabinet? I thought MAME worked well with keyboard controllers which, if I understand it correctly, the KL25Z pretty much mimics. So, for a combined cabinet, you'd still choose the Xbox 360 control board?

Thanks for your thoughts, I really appreciate it.

So this is my final look for my Jaws PuP-Pack. I MUST have everything locked down as final before I can make the rest of the pack because of the drop shadows and also the effects I do. This video shows the default look, but at half way you will see the DRAIN effect I’m playing with. Just wait for it. This Pack is using a video underlay layer at 60fps for the water, main video layer in the middle, overlay still image for the frame, and the bottom middle video layer changes for Text and modes, or can be used for UltraDMD for those who need to. I also have an Overlay Video layer for the Drain effect…maybe others…not sure yet.

Here's a video demo of my new Masters of the Universe (VPX) PuP-Pack. I went beyond my original Mastered mod for the FP table! This PuP-Pack features an Underlay layer for the sky that will change video effects for each MB mode as well strike lightning when you hit your flippers. The castle's eyes will change colour for each MB mode and other events. The center videos play action from events throughout the entire game. All of this is covered by an Overlay layer of Castle Grayskull. This all makes for a stellar combination!

The original (stunning) Castle Grayskull image was made by Ankit Bhatnagar.

The modified image was edited by Tarcisio Caleiro.

The Visual Pinball X conversion (of Rom's excellent Future Pinball original table) was converted by randr.

Pinup Player (the software that plays the active video backglass) was created by Nailbuster.

PuP-Pack was created by: TerryRed...and will be available soon. I gotta sleep and do some testing first. 

A new "full gameplay" video of me playing randr's VPX conversion of Masters of the Universe in my cabinet running my new PuP-Pack with the "Text on Topper" option, as well as my DOF and addressable led effects for the table. I recorded this using a dollar store "bendy" cell phone clip and my cell phone. Works pretty good!

Have you ever wanted to use some of my cool Addressable Led effects / animations in a pinball game...or maybe a PC game...MAME arcade game? What about your DOF lighting and feedback? Maybe also use a PuP-Pack?

Well now you can!

This is a demo of "DOFLinx: Effects." I created 100's of addressable led effects and animations, as well as all sorts of DOF lighting animations and feedback... and I added it all to "ONE" rom configuration in DOF Config Tool! Almost 1000 Exxx triggers can be used!

This rom allows any VPX table, FP table, or ANY other game to use them through DOF / DOFLinx script commands.

For tables and games that DON'T have DOF capability (PC, Zaccaria pinball, MAME,etc), this also means they can be controlled with Startup Events, or with key / button presses using DOFLinx! While that may not be the same as full DOF control (using script commands)... the video demo shows that it can still do some cool stuff!

I'll have more information soon on the DOFLinx forum. Anyone can do this using my "DOFLinx SUP ini Creator".

Make sure you watch the Stargate demo on the second half of the video!

• Like 1

"DOFLinx Effects": What is it? How does it work?

In this video I explain what "DOFLinx: Effects" is and how it works for any game...   and it's limitations compared to proper DOF for Visual Pinball or Future Pinball Tables.

• Like 1

WOW!!!

Those STARGATE effects are insanely cool!

<edit> Really looking forward to more on the ini creator.

Here is a video that explains all about DOFLinx SUP ini files...how they work, and how you can use them with DOFLinx: Effects.

It gives you a tour of the DOFLinx: Effects spreadsheet, and shows you how to easily create SUP ini files  with my SUP ini Creator Tool.

Video Bookmarks:

Setup DOFLinx to wake up for your game: 1:38

What is a SUP *.ini file?: 4:02

Tour of the SUP ini Creator: 8:48

Create your SUP *.ini File: 24:12

Test your SUP *.ini file: 38:00

OK...so I made a new video that will show you all the DOF / MX Led effects the you can use with DOFLinx: Effects!

Now when you look up a desired effect on the DOFLinx:Effects spreadsheet, you won't need to guess at what it will look like... you can see it in the video!