SpesoftPinballXConvert-It
TerryRed

PinKadia! The Ultimate virtual Pinball / Arcade / PC combo cabinet!

@TerryRed

If you were to start anew today, would you still go with the xbox controller route for as your encoder or would you use a different approach, such as the KL25Z circuit board, an i-pac or something else?

Just trying to get a good idea of what the best approach to a new cab would be today.

Thanks.

On 10/12/2018 at 5:43 PM, goofything said:

@TerryRed

If you were to start anew today, would you still go with the xbox controller route for as your encoder or would you use a different approach, such as the KL25Z circuit board, an i-pac or something else?

Just trying to get a good idea of what the best approach to a new cab would be today.

Thanks.

If I didn't have an arcade control panel at all...I would definitely go with a KL25Z Pinscape. Its a great all in one solution for controls for a pincab.

So, you don't think the KL25Z would work as well for a combined Arcade/Pinball cabinet? I thought MAME worked well with keyboard controllers which, if I understand it correctly, the KL25Z pretty much mimics. So, for a combined cabinet, you'd still choose the Xbox 360 control board?

Thanks for your thoughts, I really appreciate it.

So this is my final look for my Jaws PuP-Pack. I MUST have everything locked down as final before I can make the rest of the pack because of the drop shadows and also the effects I do. This video shows the default look, but at half way you will see the DRAIN effect I’m playing with. Just wait for it. This Pack is using a video underlay layer at 60fps for the water, main video layer in the middle, overlay still image for the frame, and the bottom middle video layer changes for Text and modes, or can be used for UltraDMD for those who need to. I also have an Overlay Video layer for the Drain effect…maybe others…not sure yet.