All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinKadia! The Ultimate virtual Pinball / Arcade / PC combo cabinet!

TerryRed

TV mount is sort of a French cleat, nothing wrong with that at all.  I plan to do my marquee that way:)

So if you had to do it over would you still make use of the inline fuse holders?  I've been leaning that way myself.

6 hours ago, tthurman said:

TV mount is sort of a French cleat, nothing wrong with that at all.  I plan to do my marquee that way:)

So if you had to do it over would you still make use of the inline fuse holders?  I've been leaning that way myself.

Yah probably. Depends on what I was using with them...but if in doubt, it doesn't hurt. If I was trying to save on space...maybe not. You'll get people who say it's not needed, but you never know.

See, you just never know do you?

In watching your video the idea that popped into my head was to put an appendage on that board that attached via a couple small hinges.  That way you could flip it up to work on and then have it drop down somewhat out of the way to access the areas below. 

Hard to make those calls with any confidence ahead of time, which often times leads to being one of those "seemed like a good idea at the time".  :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So after almost 3 years it finally happened. 

I now have a lockdown bar.... as well as a new 1 player - 2 stick control panel (instead of the monster 2 player - 3 stick 1000 button panel). 

The 2nd stick is still great for MAME 2 stick games, but is awesome for pinball games like The Getaway! But there's a twist! 

Presenting the world's first control panel blower fan vent. ;) This works so much better for me than having it come out through the coin return or on top of the cab! 

Is all of this goofy and different than everyone else's cab? Yup...what else would you expect from me? :)

Coming Soon... SSF for FX3!

Once the new DOFLinx is released, I will upload 2 sets of "FX3 SSF" PuP-Packs!

The "DEFAULT TRIGGERS" PuP-Packs set will work for all tables with the standard Flippers, Slings, Bumpers, Drain, Ball In, Launch, and Nudge for SSF. These will use the same sounds and 3D positions for every table.

You simply setup DOFLinx for PUP SSF, and then copy these pup packs into your PinUPSystem folder.

For a more Complete SSF Experience:

Now, if you want more than the default sounds and positions...well this will require some editing of PuP-Packs from yourself or others.

I will make available, the "ALL TRIGGERS" PuP-Packs that can be a more table specific and complete SSF experience. HOWEVER, these need to be COMPLETED!

You would only copy over one of these PuP-Pack if you intend to edit them!

You simply need to play the game (using this version of the pack for the table), listen to the "numbers" you hear (and note where you heard it). Then you edit the PuP-Pack, find the trigger using the "number" you heard, and then change the sound file to what kind of action it is, and edit the 3d position of where the sound should come from.

It may sound complex...its not. Its very easy. Just watch my entire video and you will see me explain everything.

• 1 month later...

Aliens FX3 PuP-Pack! DOFLinx, SSF, and optional Movie Soundtrack!

I've updated my Aliens FX3 PuP-Pack to have more videos, use newer PuP features, and it has optional SSF (Surround Sound Feedback) and Movie Music!

Video preview:

This FX3 table can run on a cabinet and have excellent hardware, lighting, and surround sound feedback, and an active video backglass using the combination of the following programs:

- DDH69's DOFLinx will trigger all cabinet feedback related functions. This includes solenoids, shaker motor, blower fan, RGB flashers, RGB undercab, strobes, beacons, MX leds,etc . It also will trigger the Pinup Player SSF (surround sound feedback) actions.

- Freezy's dmdext (DMD Extensions) will render the FX3 DMD to real DMDs or a new virtual DMD window with nice clean "dots". It will also output the DMD images to Pinup Player for PuPCapture.

- NailBuster's Pinup Player will create an active video Backglass and Topper. It monitors the dmdext DMD output and will play videos on your Backglass or Topper screen when it sees specific DMD images. It also plays movie music tracks in the same manner. For PuP SSF (surround sound feedback), it relies on DOFLinx to tell Pinup Player when to play the SSF sounds.

-TerryRed is the poor sap who created this Aliens FX3 PuP-Pack.

3 hours ago, tthurman said:

I really like everything about this table. 

Is the "We have a visitor" at startup still present?

Yes its still there. You get a bunch of different quotes for everything like that throughout the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I present... the world premiere of BEZ BALL!

For my 20th Anniversary, I decided to do make a funny pinball game for my wife... about her! This game has many modes, and a main overall objective. To defeat THE BEZ! (my wife  ). She actually plays and completes the entire game!

Definitely worth watching through the entire video guys. You've never seen a table quite like this before. It has a funny and cute build up to the final battle! You'll be amused...

Featuring:

- funny and cute Pinup Player videos from our 20 years together

- amazing voice acting from...myself! I did the voices of The BEZ, my kids, my dogs, and my mother-in law!

- full DOF feedback, lighting, and MX leds

- many modes including: Bez Ball, Ba Ba Ball, Zack Attack, Emily's Magic Trick, and Bez Battle!

- completely new table built from scratch (table, coding, sounds, music, videos, graphics) in less than 2 weeks. My first complete pinball table creation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here it is...the first video preview of my new Transformers PuP-Pack!

So far it has 229 different videos on 6 different PuP Screens with an Overlay image. It uses over 200 PuPCapture images monitoring the DMD to trigger the videos using newer features of Pinup Player 1.3.6.

This was a mountain of work that took a good 3 weeks to (almost) finish. (still more to do) The bottom "Text" area is sized perfectly for a DMD for those who need to have their DMD on the backglass screen...so this should work for everyone.

I used the Ball Controller to show as many videos as quickly as I could...and it still was over 35 mins!

There is something new through almost the entire video as the videos will be different if you choose Autobots or Decepticons. The backglass animations on the different PuP screens will also change depending on what you choose.

• Like 1

I asked Tarcisio Caleiro if he could make his excellent Bumblebee Topper video (modded from an excellent T2 video) work as a Decepticon as well. So he did, and I was going to add them as optional Toppers....but I thought, why not try something even cooler! Choose your EYES!

• Like 2

Here is a new preview video of my Transformers PuP-Pack...but now with all new high quality stereo music from the OST of the movies! This is not cruddy mono SAM sound from the rom...this is all new music files played from Pinup-Player controlled completely by gameplay events. Let's call them PuP-Tracks!

I show many of the modes quickly so you can hear a lot of the music. 

You also get to see "Battle For Cybertron". The final game mode. I have a good 19 videos just for that mode, but you only see some of them in the video.

Featuring:

-new OST music for every mode (a lot)
-your choice (Autobot or Decepticon) will determine the main mode's music that will play (one player only)
-Autobots and Decepticon's main mode music will also change with every new game!
-OST music is totally optional
-I have a special track at the end (for High Score) just for Optimus Pin!

I made this work by using Pinball Browser to "mute" all the music files in the table's rom. Sam sound is limited to mono 24000Hz quality...so these PuP-Tracks are a complete game changer for SAM tables that was only previously possible in the Future Pinball versions.

To use these PuP-Tracks, you will need to use my "muted" custom rom.

You can always turn down the table's VPX sound if you want the PuP-Pack's music louder.

This PuP-Pack will REQUIRE an even newer update (possibly 1.3.7 beta) to Pinup Player that will be made available.

This PuP-Pack should be available soon. I'm currently converting it down to a smaller size from the current....yup.... 3GB+ that it is right now! Since I was able to convert Stranger Things: SE from 2.5 GB down to 600MB....I'm hoping I can do similar with this Pup-Pack!

Heavily inspired (and a few music files borrowed) from Rom and SLAMT1LT's excellent FP version.

Enjoy the video!

When it's approved on DOF Config Tool...you too can have this new Transformers light show. This was the quickest and easiest DOF MX Led update I've ever done. Explosions, laser blasts, electrical effects, and flasher effects positioned around the playfield.

• Like 1