TerryRed

PinKadia! The Ultimate virtual Pinball / Arcade / PC combo cabinet!

Avatar (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Featuring the most stunning particle effects, explosions, and machine gun blasts never seen before in a pinball cabinet!

A video demonstration in my cabinet can be seen here:

This table has complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

• 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
  • 5 RGB flashers
  • Blower Fan
  • Shaker
  • Gear motor
  • Strobe
  • Beacon
  • Start button
  • Coin button
  • Launch Ball button
  • RGB under cabinet lighting
  • Addressable Leds

Table will be available once the MX configs are added to DOF Config Tool's public database.

Unbelievable.. I really need to build one of these. Would you recommend a "from scratch" or "from kit" approach?  The links @tthurman posted are all way out of my price range for the time being.  But if I get a starter kit and build on to it, maybe it would be cheaper than just starting from a complete blank slate.  Like maybe get something that has the playfield and backglass boxes with flipper buttons to start.  Then save up for the displays.  Then save up for the extras.  Make it a real project and not just a "unpack and plug in".  Just thinking about my options.  I have other higher priorities right now, but it's good to toss around ideas.

43 minutes ago, hansolo77 said:

Unbelievable.. I really need to build one of these. Would you recommend a "from scratch" or "from kit" approach?  The links @tthurman posted are all way out of my price range for the time being.  But if I get a starter kit and build on to it, maybe it would be cheaper than just starting from a complete blank slate.  Like maybe get something that has the playfield and backglass boxes with flipper buttons to start.  Then save up for the displays.  Then save up for the extras.  Make it a real project and not just a "unpack and plug in".  Just thinking about my options.  I have other higher priorities right now, but it's good to toss around ideas.

If you look back at my first posts, you will see that I didn't even start with a cabinet at all.  I just setup some screens on plastic shelves., and tried setting up the software to see how things worked, etc...

Lots of people buy empty real pinball cabinets that are gutted and build into those.  Depends on what tools you have,etc...  I built my cabinet mainly because of what I already had available in terms of electronics.

Try making a list of what your priorities are, and go from there...but always make sure you are able to add on to your cabinet later. I never thought I would have my cabinet filled with all this lighting and toys 2 years ago.

3 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

The links @tthurman posted are all way out of my price range for the time being.

I'd say they are for the majority, which is what I like about Terry's approach, improve it with time! 

If you either don't have a lot of tools or aren't particularly good with them. then I think these flat packs are a decent option.  Make sure you find a monitor you want if you go this route, as displays are growing so rapidly the source for optimal size playfields has diminished a fair bit, as TV's go.

That's much more in my price range.  When I finally get around to do anything, it's going to require some research.  As for tools, I have none.  I mean, I have a hammer and a manual screwdriver with different bits.  I also have a soldering iron and dremel.  That's it.  No drills, saws, etc.  I also don't have room.  So my priorities before even considering something is spoken for already.  Get that raise I've been waiting for (done), save for a car (in progress), move out and get my own place (future endeavor).

5 minutes ago, hansolo77 said:

That's much more in my price range.  When I finally get around to do anything, it's going to require some research.  As for tools, I have none.  I mean, I have a hammer and a manual screwdriver with different bits.  I also have a soldering iron and dremel.  That's it.  No drills, saws, etc.  I also don't have room.  So my priorities before even considering something is spoken for already.  Get that raise I've been waiting for (done), save for a car (in progress), move out and get my own place (future endeavor).

You could always consider getting or building a mini-pin or mid sized pin..  You can still fit some solenoids, and addressable leds in there in the future, and it takes up much less space and way less expensive.

Tron Legacy (Stern) (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

The Grid's most awesome addressable leds make for Light Cycle ramp effects, Light Jet Cannons, Explosions and the coolest de-resolution effects you have ever seen in a real pinball cabinet!

A video demonstration of this table can be seen here in my cabinet:

This table has complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

– 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
– 5 RGB flashers
– Blower Fan
– Shaker
– Gear motor
– Strobe
– Beacon
– Start button
– Coin button
– Launch Ball button
– RGB Undercab Lighting
– Addressable Leds

On 23/02/2016 at 1:16 AM, TerryRed said:

Future Pinball

This is a video of a small selection of the many fantastic Future Pinball tables running in attract mode on Pinball X.

Note: I had to edit EVERY table myself to get those "extras" to fit into the 4th display area. Some (like SLAMT1LT's movie clips, custom DMDs) I just had to re-size, re-locate and layer correctly.  Others, I had to make my own custom overlay / title / score ,etc.  This is done by splitting the 3rd screen in two with the bezel. Pinball X just shows what I want for both sections via a picture or video for the "DMD" screen. (Pinball X only supports 3 screens for now)

The DMDs are displayed using Future DMD (while playing Future Pinball)

I captured live gameplay footage of all 3 screens simultaneously using OBS MP.

The gameplay on alot of these tables (SLAMT1LT's tables / MODS in particular) show alot more than what you see here as these tables are just in attract mode in this video.

Thanks to the MANY contributers / creators of these amazing tables.

salut @TerryRed,

tres tres joli travail, j'adore.

j'ai refait des tests hier soir, j'arrive à mettre l'overlay et dmd sur le 3eme ecran. mais quand je lance PBX et Tron par exemple, je ne vois plus PBX, comme si FP passait au dessus de PBX, idem pour FX3. quelles sont tes resolutions du 2eme et 3eme ecran, moi ils sont en (1280x1024 - 17" - 2eme) et (1280x768 - 7" - 3eme) pour faire comme toi, il faudrait une resolution en 1280x1364 sur le backglass mais n'est pas disponible. mes ecrans sont disposés comme toi seul la resoltion differe. j'ai inversé le dmd et topper sur mon 3eme ecran depuis la derniere video. FP ne me propose pas la resolution qu'il me faudrait pour agrandir le BG sur le 3eme ecran (1280x1364)

si tu as une solution ou une idee, je t'en serais reconnaissant.

hi @TerryRed,

very very nice work, I love.
I did tests last night, I manage to put the overlay and dmd on the 3rd screen. but when I run PBX and Tron for example, 
I no longer see PBX, as if FP passed over PBX, ditto for FX3. (1280x1024 - 17 "- 2eme) and (1280x768 - 7" - 3eme) to do like you, 
it would take a resolution in 1280x1364 on the backglass but is not available. my screens are arranged as you alone resoltion differe. 
I reversed the dmd and topper on my 3rd screen since the last video. 
FP does not propose the resolution I would need to enlarge the BG on the 3rd screen (1280x1364)

if you have a solution or an idea, I would be grateful.

FP needs its backglass as a custom resolution set in the registry, NOT in FP settings or it wont work. (  PBX is completely different than FP and it will just use the normal screen number for that screen. I use Topper videos and DMD videos for my middle screen for PBX.

OK...so with Stranger Things Season 2 about to start... I thought something could use an addressable leds update! I asked ScottyWic if it would be ok for me to add custom addressable leds triggers to the table and DOF MX code to the table script and he said go for it!

So I did!

Note, I didn't replace or change the normal DOF (I did fix a couple DOF trigger errors). I added completely different trigger commands and "E" numbers used only for DOF MX leds.   This allowed me to do whatever I wanted without interfering with what was already there.  It also allows anyone who doesn't like what I did to simply erase the "MX commands" for their custom config for the table in DOF Config Tool...and simply "Generate Basic MX Config" to go back to the Basic MX Flashers emulation....but who would want that?  wink.png

The new table version 2.2 (with my DOF MX updates) was submitted to ScottyWic, so he'll be uploading it soon.  I also submitted the "all new"  DOF MX commands to DOF Config Tool (which REQUIRES 2.2) which is waiting approval.

What would a TerryRed update be without a video....  here is a demo of my DOF MX mod of Stranger Things 2.2:

• Like 1

The Getaway: Hi-Speed 2

Here is a demo video of my update to the addressable leds for this table. Some of the highlights:

• I kept all of Swisslizard's original MX led effects
  • added new RPM Tachometer "VROOM" effect (activated with flipper when ball in plunger lane)
  • "SHIFT" flashes on back MX whenever shift light is on.
  • Added Orbit Effects.
  • Added animated effects for ALL actions on the table.
  • Added Red / Blue Beacon effects.
  • Removed any duplicate PF Back MX flashers that already had animated MX Effects.
  • Added some flashers and effects on the Left and Right MX.
  • Very cool light show!

If you want to skip my ranting at the beginning, go to 2:40 to go right to the demo.

The update has been submitted to DOF Config Tool. Once it has been approved, you just need to update your DOF Config files with the Tool and you are good to go!

• Like 1

I present to you, the world’s first PinUp Player table mod, Tron Legacy VPX (PUP Edition).

PinUp Player is a new program that allows for full video files to be played on your backglass, topper or dmd screen, when triggered from in table events. This basically means you can have a JJP-like backglass, Stern-like middle screen, or a SLAMT1LT FP-like table.

This is not using a PinUp B2S (easy method that doesn't need any mod of the table), and was a complete mod of the table script. I created all the videos myself (1920×1080 for Backglass, and 1920×822 for Topper), inspired by SLAMT1LT’s FP version. Skip to 3:20 to get right to the demo and skip by rambling. Note: The backglass video in the upper right may seem to stutter…that’s because OBS wouldn’t record it nicely, whereas my cabinet shows that the videos all play perfectly all the time!

Since this is a rom based table. I have no access or control over any of the game code or actions. I literally made A LOT of new code specifically for PUP that works based on only triggers / switches from the game, and the playfield lights and neon ramp colour logic. It’s a miracle I was able to pull this off, as this works with most MB modes, as well as the jackpots,etc all having unique videos with titles,etc.  Because of this, I also wasn’t able to do anything for Sea of Simulation, End of Line MB,  or portal, as they all use White for neon ramp colours, and I have no way to differentiate them.

Enjoy….so cool!

PinUp Player can be downloaded here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38979&page=1

• Like 1

Nice work TerryRed, pushing the envelope as usual :pbx:

• Like 1