All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinKadia! The Ultimate virtual Pinball / Arcade / PC combo cabinet!

TerryRed

@TerryRed

If you were to start anew today, would you still go with the xbox controller route for as your encoder or would you use a different approach, such as the KL25Z circuit board, an i-pac or something else?

Just trying to get a good idea of what the best approach to a new cab would be today.

Thanks.

On 10/12/2018 at 5:43 PM, goofything said:

@TerryRed

If you were to start anew today, would you still go with the xbox controller route for as your encoder or would you use a different approach, such as the KL25Z circuit board, an i-pac or something else?

Just trying to get a good idea of what the best approach to a new cab would be today.

Thanks.

If I didn't have an arcade control panel at all...I would definitely go with a KL25Z Pinscape. Its a great all in one solution for controls for a pincab.

So, you don't think the KL25Z would work as well for a combined Arcade/Pinball cabinet? I thought MAME worked well with keyboard controllers which, if I understand it correctly, the KL25Z pretty much mimics. So, for a combined cabinet, you'd still choose the Xbox 360 control board?

Thanks for your thoughts, I really appreciate it.

So this is my final look for my Jaws PuP-Pack. I MUST have everything locked down as final before I can make the rest of the pack because of the drop shadows and also the effects I do. This video shows the default look, but at half way you will see the DRAIN effect I’m playing with. Just wait for it. This Pack is using a video underlay layer at 60fps for the water, main video layer in the middle, overlay still image for the frame, and the bottom middle video layer changes for Text and modes, or can be used for UltraDMD for those who need to. I also have an Overlay Video layer for the Drain effect…maybe others…not sure yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a video demo of my new Masters of the Universe (VPX) PuP-Pack. I went beyond my original Mastered mod for the FP table! This PuP-Pack features an Underlay layer for the sky that will change video effects for each MB mode as well strike lightning when you hit your flippers. The castle's eyes will change colour for each MB mode and other events. The center videos play action from events throughout the entire game. All of this is covered by an Overlay layer of Castle Grayskull. This all makes for a stellar combination!

The original (stunning) Castle Grayskull image was made by Ankit Bhatnagar.

The modified image was edited by Tarcisio Caleiro.

The Visual Pinball X conversion (of Rom's excellent Future Pinball original table) was converted by randr.

Pinup Player (the software that plays the active video backglass) was created by Nailbuster.

PuP-Pack was created by: TerryRed...and will be available soon. I gotta sleep and do some testing first. 

A new "full gameplay" video of me playing randr's VPX conversion of Masters of the Universe in my cabinet running my new PuP-Pack with the "Text on Topper" option, as well as my DOF and addressable led effects for the table. I recorded this using a dollar store "bendy" cell phone clip and my cell phone. Works pretty good!

• 1 month later...

Have you ever wanted to use some of my cool Addressable Led effects / animations in a pinball game...or maybe a PC game...MAME arcade game? What about your DOF lighting and feedback? Maybe also use a PuP-Pack?

Well now you can!

This is a demo of "DOFLinx: Effects." I created 100's of addressable led effects and animations, as well as all sorts of DOF lighting animations and feedback... and I added it all to "ONE" rom configuration in DOF Config Tool! Almost 1000 Exxx triggers can be used!

This rom allows any VPX table, FP table, or ANY other game to use them through DOF / DOFLinx script commands.

For tables and games that DON'T have DOF capability (PC, Zaccaria pinball, MAME,etc), this also means they can be controlled with Startup Events, or with key / button presses using DOFLinx! While that may not be the same as full DOF control (using script commands)... the video demo shows that it can still do some cool stuff!

I'll have more information soon on the DOFLinx forum. Anyone can do this using my "DOFLinx SUP ini Creator".

Make sure you watch the Stargate demo on the second half of the video!

• Like 1

"DOFLinx Effects": What is it? How does it work?

In this video I explain what "DOFLinx: Effects" is and how it works for any game...   and it's limitations compared to proper DOF for Visual Pinball or Future Pinball Tables.

• Like 1

Here is a video that explains all about DOFLinx SUP ini files...how they work, and how you can use them with DOFLinx: Effects.

It gives you a tour of the DOFLinx: Effects spreadsheet, and shows you how to easily create SUP ini files  with my SUP ini Creator Tool.

Video Bookmarks:

Setup DOFLinx to wake up for your game: 1:38

What is a SUP *.ini file?: 4:02

Tour of the SUP ini Creator: 8:48

Create your SUP *.ini File: 24:12

Test your SUP *.ini file: 38:00

• Like 1

OK...so I made a new video that will show you all the DOF / MX Led effects the you can use with DOFLinx: Effects!

Now when you look up a desired effect on the DOFLinx:Effects spreadsheet, you won't need to guess at what it will look like... you can see it in the video!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

JAWS (VPX) PuP-Pack

You're gonna need a bigger pincab!

This is the VPX version of my Jaws PuP-Pack. It's a fairly simple table so it only took a few days...but I may update it later when I have more time.

I had a couple of days free time away from my military training course, so I finally got this sucker done!

Thanks goto Rom and SLAMT1LT for the original FP tables, and RandR for the VPX conversion!

Thanks also to Tarcisio Caleiro for his excellent Jaws default background video!

The Future Pinball Ultimate Pro JAWS PuP-Pack is coming... but that table has way more content and modes,etc so it will need a much larger PuP-Pack...and of course the table will need to be updated to work with it. (When I have time).

A video demo of the PuP-Pack can be found here:

And some pics for those who don't watch videos

GvbqDHV.jpg

2oHL4QA.jpg

B6uTlX8.jpg

JwvK1SN.jpg

16ZNG8w.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Coming Soon... Tron Legacy "End of Line" PuP-Pack.

Completely reworked (using newer PuP features) with new videos for events such as Game Start, Drain, Ball Saved, TILT, Attract Trailers, and all new "Mode Title" videos. Now includes (for the first time) PORTAL mode videos...but most importantly...

New (optional) hi quality "stereo" OST music from the movie that replaces the mono 22000Hz SAM system music.

Video debut trailer here (you see new videos half-way in...but it's all about the music and emotion, man!)

...some pics for those who can't be bothered with a 2 min video...

One of the changes I made to Tron Legacy "End of Line" pup-pack... Mode "Intro" videos.

In the previous Max Pack, each mode would start with a long "Intro" video, and just keep that video looping continuously during the entire mode. I've never been a fan of that (unless it works well like ATC mode on Aliens FX3 pack), as it makes everything way too busy, and Jackpots and other video events just blend in and don't stand out. More isn't always better.

So now I have shorter Intro videos play only once (with animated text), and then you will see the default backglass, but now with the Mode Text on the bottom and the coloured neon border and flares still showing for the mode. Since this pack doesn't use an Overlay image (can't do the neon flares that way)... this needed to be baked into the videos. This makes for a more "clean" look, and is really how I wanted this pack to originally look.

lA2k4iT.jpg

xbtcy4z.jpg

QMePxDW.jpg

y1oxSpz.jpg

KlhzEdA.jpg

DKiyrU8.jpg

Another addition to Tron Legacy: "End of Line" pup-pack, was adding some missing videos such as Ball Saved (now on the backglass), TILT, more Drains, and more Game Starts, and more Attract mode Trailers.

osl1A9U.jpg

fEmrITu.jpg

dkpgeWv.jpg

47ZQWaB.jpg

2Wq8xCy.jpg

TD1HCi6.jpg

tlY0QRa.jpg

d8KdqoE.jpg

efFHyq9.jpg

8TqvnZX.jpg

This PuP-Pack will be replacing the current "Max Pack".

It is designed for 3 screen users (with an LCD screen DMD),  or 2 screen users who have a real DMD. The backglass portion of the pup-pack won't be able to display a virtual DMD, due to using two fullscreen video layers. The optional Topper videos will also need a dedicated space / screen as well.

Those users who don't have a dedicated space for a DMD, will need to use the older "2 on 1" or "3 on 1" packs.

• Like 1

This videos shows the dramatic difference between using PuP-Tracks for OST Stereo Hi Quality Movie music vs the original SAM System 22000 Hz Mono music. 

Some of the PuP-Tracks music is the same as the SAM original (but better quality and in stereo), whereas some game modes use completely different OST music, making for a more cinematic experience.

Also, you get different OST music tracks for each new game you start…or you can add your own easily.

All game modes are shown with “Original” and “New OST Music”.

• 5 weeks later...

After a long time... I'm finally back at doing a FP table DOFLinx update! This time for SLAMT1LT's Ultimate Pro edition of Rom's Jaws table for Future Pinball.

The regular DOF toys, buttons, flashers, shaker, gear, fan, beacon, strobe, MX Leds, etc are all in there!

I also have a brand-new PuP-Pack for the table that includes SSF (surround sound feedback).

Here are some preview pics of the Pup-pack!

This table is VERY different than any previous Jaws tables out there.

Many more modes (Panic Alarm, Shark Cage, Pond, KILLER SHARK, Barrel MB, Orca MB, Jaws MB, Kill Jaws, etc)... Civilians (balls) can get Eaten during different modes and affect bonuses that can be used in your next game...a new (Walking Dead LE style) Harpoon Launcher, and more!

Over 200 videos (timed to match the in-game voice overs, etc), Topper videos that give animated instructions for gameplay during each mode, and 80+ PuP SSF 3D positional sounds.

This is for version 1.02 of the table. I'm waiting for 1.06 of the table to drop (which looks better and has more stuff), and then I'll add this to that table and add the new content from that table update to this pup-pack.

For those wondering... this table requires the newest BAM, and uses the newer Dynamic physics (so it plays much better than normal FP), better lighting, shadow maps, and more. You will need to use a program (like cmdow) to "hide" your FP backglass in a cabinet setup (because this pup-pack uses multiple layers)...but I'll show you how (it's easy).

Good news...it can work for desktop users too! You simply need to force FP to a Borderless Windowed mode (I'll show you how, again easy) to allow the pup-pack to play on top of the FP window.

t62sgvY.png

VKl23ob.jpg

JgPNUqb.jpg

hAt6hk4.jpg

Y24lWQT.jpg

e2fsZ4O.jpg

BgfPTA0.jpg

rvpaDbP.jpg

9OsaYGI.jpg

k8KNlsw.jpg

H3HCRs0.jpg

xDcnoIW.jpg

Fk1S4XE.jpg

3xKAjyR.jpg

ZwCk0pp.jpg

hZ1j2Sh.jpg

mLgkYlX.jpg

B7sMmSI.jpg

ydVlC27.jpg

UOf2Y3b.jpg

NAsuTTF.jpg

0F5vdzH.jpg

69h4pTU.jpg

De9rmsP.jpg

For more info on SLAMT1LT's current and upcoming releases, goto his website here:

https://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium

...and here's a bunch of quick video demos (of the table and pup-pack) showing the main modes in the game, including the end mode!

Harpoon, Killer Shark and Game Over

https://youtu.be/27ayo_XCtlo

Panic Alarm (quick demo)

https://youtu.be/20h-VGQ_u2U

Shark Cage

https://youtu.be/LIpWtlPXehc

Pond, Civilians Eaten and Random Clips

https://youtu.be/JQK5yxnjDa8

Orca MultiBall

https://youtu.be/FKCSieymf0w

Barrel Multiball

https://youtu.be/zlal9be5ZLk

Jaws Multiball

https://youtu.be/KqGR1kZmb_Y

KILL JAWS! (currently 1.02 ending. This will change with 1.06 and higher)

https://youtu.be/4k1tbfnQCzs

• 1 month later...

Some people still aren’t sure about what settings to use for BAM for POV and Lighting for Future Pinball Ultimate Pro tables. This video shows what settings I’m using for Jaws Ultimate Pro 1.07, as well as the Bump Mapping update.

I made a short gameplay demo of Robocop Ultimate Pro (for FP) in 4K 60 fps. 

It nicely shows off FP-BAM's newer Lighting, Shadows, RGB Inserts, Bump Mapping and more very nicely. This is how FP is "supposed" to look with the correct POV and Lighting. Love this table!

Pardon my bad gameplay...I played this game on my TV with it displayed sideways. 1f642.png?_nc_eui2=AeEDGwEXKL6cOOITscLUx

Bam New Renderer (Bump Maps & Lighting) vs Future Pinball's Original Renderer.

This video shows the dramatic difference BAM's renderer, bump mapping and lighting can make.

Bump Mapping isn't a "new" feature for BAM, but it wasn't until recently that any tables made good use of it. Most of SLAMT1LT's Ultimate Pro tables are now using Bump Maps.

• Like 1

Pretty amazing difference!

I recall when bump mapping first hit the scene for the masses with an announcement that it was coming to the Unreal Engine.  Looks incredibly elementary compared to what's out there today, but at the same time it's been a long time coming to enter the realm of mainstream.

Thanks for the demo Terry!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Let it glow... let it GLOW!

This video demo is a test of my mod to Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro - Future Pinball). 

I updated the Lightsabers to use new beta features of BAM, and now we have a kickass glow effect! 

I replaced the saber blade "toy" models with a "bulb" version instead (SLAMT1LT did the same after I showed him the new features). Now the blades can be used as lights. However, instead of lighting the blade as a colour, I have it light up as white for the "core", and then I also used holograms to only display the coloured glow effect, as well as some adjusted lighting! It worked out pretty good!

FVW88Z7.png

isDPZh4.png

...and another video showing the mod with different colours...

...and SLAMT1LT asked to add the mod to his table...yay!

• Like 1

Star Wars DSA (Ultimate Pro 1.03 update - Future Pinball).  Awesome Attract Mode! (Gameplay and TerryRed Lights mod test) 

SLAMT1LT added in my Lightsaber mod to his excellent Star Wars DSA Ultimate Pro 1.03 update!

He also added new options for changing Lightsaber colours. On top of that, he also added a sweet attract mode! (with one specifically cool moment) ;)

I decided to add some more additional updates myself to see how they would look. (shown in this video)

'** TerryRed Updates ** (these may or may not be included in SLAM's next update. I did this for fun)

- increased brightness of white saber blade light (when using lower post processing gamma settings it wasn’t bright enough)
- slightly adjusted angle / size / position of holograms for a better view of glow in all camera views (adjusted mini-playfield to match)
- updated lights (Lightsaber hilt, Kickback, outerlane left bulbs, Defense Bonus Lights) to change colour to match the Lightsaber colour change
- added user option in script to adjust the brightness of playfield insert lights and some bulbs (for GI on and GI off)
- added Vader Red Ring Light to Light Inserts Brightness option (makes hi voice-overs much more noticeable when GI is off)
- Added option for SLAMT1LT BAM Light Preset settings to be used automatically on table start.
- Added some amusing voice overs for the excellent TerryRed Saber mod special mention
- adjusted the attract sequence (GI on and off) for a more dramatic effect

yhf32PV.png

Q2vzx6I.png

waNgwnb.png

Youtube link for 4K 60fps video demo (when YT finishes processing):

https://youtu.be/MXMDJvSOhEg

VimoKyi.jpg