All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinKadia! The Ultimate virtual Pinball / Arcade / PC combo cabinet!

TerryRed

• 1 month later...

I've done a little bit of modding while on course. Here are a few other videos of DOFLinx mods I did recently for those interested....

Bubble Bobble

Knight Rider

RetroFlair

....and finally a VERY cool Visual Pinball X table. The Walking Dead LE. This has the crossbow, full colour virtual DMD with pretty dots, new PWM flashers, and a customized Cleland rom for original music and sounds from the TV show.

I also added my own little mod of the addressable led 5 RGB flashers emulation. Instead of the normal circle shapes, I have it spell out "DEAD". I think it looks pretty cool!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now I'm finally back home after 4 months...and I'm going to be really busy getting my house ready to sell....but I figured I'd pass along some recent updates that have been going on.

First was my latest DOFLinx mod of DRAKKO's excellent Wipeout for Future Pinball. A video demo can be seen here:

Next, is a big update of Pinball X. Now it supports video toppers.  A video topper is displayed on a screen above your backglass screen. You can have Pinball X display a video here while browsing, but also while actually playing your game.  For me, I make use of this for the upper half of my dual middle screen. This makes my life soooo much easier. Now I finally have all of my media properly caught up and formatted to use with this for VPX, PFX2, and Future Pinball. A video demo can be seen here:

Lastly...  I decided to finally add in Letters and Shapes to DOF R3's   *shapes.xml file to be used with addressable leds for all tables.  After bugging poor Arngrim, he's added them to the DOF Config Tool!  So now everyone can use them!

Here's a quick video showing a few examples of a simple 5 flasher replacement for Tales of the Arabian Nights "TOTAN", Theatre of Magic "MAGIC", and Walking Dead  "DEAD".

I've also decided to try dabbling into doing DOF'ing for VP.  I've added full effects and animation for addressable leds for ACDC LE for VPX.  I'll have a video up soon enough to show that off!

AC/DC LE for VPX.

Such an amazing table. Gorgeous.

I think it deserves something special....   how about some cool new addressable leds matrix effects, animation, letters and words that appear for almost everything throughout the table events.

I present to you...my 1st ever DOF mod for a VP table. The AC/DC cabinet "FIRE" edition! ;)    I added in all the DOF for addressable leds, as well as a couple of beacon and FIRE button functions! (Arngrim already had the normal DOF stuff done)

Some effects included are:

- animated effects for the electric spinner,

- animated effects for the bell

- letters that light up (with effects) for each target (AC/DC, TNT, ROCK) and the AXE rollovers

- animated effects and the word "FIRE" that show up when the cannon is ready to fire

- side rail effects for each ramp

- bumper and slingshot effects

- side rail effects for drain

- 5 flasher emulation on the side strips, positioned where they are on the playfield

Here is a video demonstration a bunch of gameplay in my cabinet. You've never seen a VP table look quite like this.....

• Like 1

These always look so amazing!  I wish I had a setup like yours.  I fully 100% want to build a pincab.  MAME cab, not so much anymore.  But I definitely want a pinbab with the video back screen, and all the flashly lights.  Uhg. . droolz.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

These always look so amazing!  I wish I had a setup like yours.  I fully 100% want to build a pincab.  MAME cab, not so much anymore.  But I definitely want a pinbab with the video back screen, and all the flashly lights.  Uhg. . droolz.

The nice thing though is PBX offers you the best of both worlds.  Unintentional, perhaps, but it has been proven more than achievable!:D

• 4 weeks later...

You Have the POWER!!!  with my MASTERED Edition update to "Rom's" excellent Masters of the Universe Future Pinball table. I've also created an "all-new" DOFLinx cabinet mod as well. This table mod is inspired by SLAMT1LT's tables as well as the newer pinball machines (from JJP, Stern, Heighway Pinball) that now use monitors instead of DMDs.

A video demonstration that shows off all the features of the MASTERED Edition as well as the DOFLinx mod can be seen here:

MASTERED Edition:

- new backglass with various fanart. Formatted specifically to work with 16:9, and 4:3 screens.
- new full motion video sequences for almost all table actions and modes. These are NEW hi-resolution video clips that now appear on the backglass (and display HUD for desktop users)
- new info display shown on backglass
- new sound clips

Watch Prince Adam dance to the beat (and the animated matching flashers) of Castle Multi-Ball!

Experience the woosh of blower-fan air from Ripper Multi-Ball.

FEEL the POWER (and shaker motor) when you become HE-MAN and see your power emanate from the flashers.

FEAR Skeletor as he launches his devastating 9-Ball Multi-Ball and watch him laugh at you on the backglass.

Go beyond the days of DMDs and see full hi resolution videos and info displays on the new animated backglass.

Don't be a cheap skate, or Skeletor will get angry!

With 1000's of images, and new sounds...this makes for a MOTU experience like no other, and a Pinball experience found nowhere else!

DOFLinx Cabinet Edition:

-10 solenoid feedback for flippers, bumpers, slings, kickers, etc
-gear motor for Castle Grayskull, Ripper, and He-Man
-shaker motor feedback to feel the power and action
-blower fan feedback for Ripper ramp
-5 RGB flasher animated effects
-RGB under cabinet lighting
-beacon and strobe effects
-coin, start, and launch button leds

A normal Desktop version of the MASTERED Edition as well as a DOFLinx Cabinet version of the MASTERED Edition will be on PinSimDB when approved.

Here are some still pics from the Desktop version.

8Zo9J1s.jpg

D4iYnsl.jpg

rE8voSt.jpg

eKY7Kp4.jpg

• Like 2

Since photobucket changed their TOS.... I had to painfully had to upload all my pics to another hosting site, and change all the links in my posts.

Hopefully everything is sorted out now!

Ouch. Had the same with dropbox recently. Grab back the means to production Terry and run your own server!! 

I think you got them all apart from the one showing 1942 running on that behemoth.... You remember that one, right? :P

• Like 2

So awesome! The painstaking attention to detail sets this build over the top. You make me understand pinball, and I never did before. It's just cool! We're all droolig over that delicious table...ug hum...excuse me if I got some jealousy on you.;)

Wow...just wow!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'd like to say that this post is about an upgrade to the pincab, but....

We just moved to Ottawa this week. Its been a long couple of weeks of packing, loading, cleaning, and living in a hotel with myself, wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, and 2 cats. VERY tiring.

We were happy to finally take possession of our new home, and to see the moving truck arrive with all of our stuff. The move went amazingly well without any real scratches or damages to the house.

Amazingly, our items arrived undamaged.... except for "one" thing......

YVnkdaJ.jpg

:(

That SUCKS!

Hopefully the screen can be replaced, and somewhat easily.  I know that's not a given though, as it seems the evolution of the flat panel leaves so many sizes behind in the ever growing quest for "bigger".

Moving is a bitch all in itself, and settling in takes months on end of work after that.   I'm sorry this is adding to the list of chores for you!

Hang in there man!