All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Instruction card to table connection...where?

Joppnl

Hello,

after re-installing my VP everything works great except the instruction cards when the table started in PinballX is paused.

I do see the menu where you can choose exit game, return to game, flyer, some statistics and also instruction cards.

When I select it i hear the "boing" and normally i would see the instruction card but now nothing happens.

how are instruction cards and tables 'connected' ?

Normally with the game-manager the data like playfield video, backglass, flyer and so on appears as a copy in the Visual Pinball group (...\PinballX\Media\Visual Pinball\ .... ) but not the instruction cards.

So...how are they linked together, I looked at a lot of XML files but zouldn't find it.

Besides that: is it normal that IF it works that when you view the instruction card the dot matrix display (on a 2 screen VP install) will stay in front of the instruction card and therefore blocking it sometimes?

thank you!

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue. Any help in resolving this would be great. While in a game, I can hit P for pause, which brings up the PinballX page to select Return to Game, Instructions, Information, etc. The Return to game option works great, the Information button properly displays the table information on the main display, but the Instruction button just beeps, but doesn't display anything just like Joppnl has stated above.

Disregard above as you would have if the instruction button is showing. I just tried the same thing as you trying to access the instruction card from the pause menu and it does the same thing, Maybe something for Tom to look at. The way i have pinballx setup is to say no to the one click table launch in the setup wizard and then on the first time you press the button to select a table the instruction card button is there also, and it works from there.

• 5 months later...

Anyone ever figure this out? Im having the same issue when trying to access the instructions from the pause menu. You can hear the click when selecting instructions but nothing ever shows. You can open the instructions from the table menu before starting the table just not during the pause menu.