All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Sling plugin not working?

I'm not seeing this - both account login and connecting and viewing a Slingbox are working for me. Unless it's firmware dependent and they haven't rolled out all firmware yet.

It did take a while to load the Slingbox directory this morning but it got there in the end.

What exactly are you seeing - failure to login to your account, failure to load the Slingbox directory or failure to connect to a Slingbox?

Its very strange, so i came to slingfront one day and when it fired up there was no slingbox to select in "View Slingboxes".

I went into settings, "Edit Slingboxes" and it was still nowhere to be seen.

So i then went to settings "Change Account" entered my details and got a point blank "Login Failed"

Naturally i assumed the slingplayer web plugin no longer functioned but heres the weird things:

I can login fine through the IE web interface (with an updated plugin), chrome web interface, windows desktop app, amazon fire tv box and ipad app

All of the slingbox websites (main site, forum, anything) are all super slow to load from within my network now. Every other website is fast

I tried the slingbox website from outside my netork and it loaded very fast

I tried logging into slingfront from outside my network using a PC i have setup in another country and still got the "Login Failed"

Checked my router settings, disabled firewall and URL filtering and still getting the same problems

Pulling my hair out

OK CRACKED IT!!

I think in my account profile (accounts.slingbox.com) i had inadvertently changed my country to UK which is where my slingbox hardware is located. I am in Canada however. But get this, i set it to USA and bingo it worked again. In both IE and chrome i also went to slingbox.com and changed my region (top right) both to USA and the pages started loading fast again like before.

Slingbox is a weird and temperamental service but now its working again im not touching anything!!!

• Like 1