All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Running two dolphin emulators to separate controller config?

cnells2000

Here we go..... I'm running Nintendo GameCube on dolphin, but I'm not running Nintendo Wii on the frontend even though it works fine. This is because I have to go into the configuration settings to change between the controller type each time I alternate between Wii and GameCube. So I made a duplicate copy of my dolphin emulator to try to separate the folders and settings ya know? But, anytime I open either dolphin emulator folder and change the config, it does the same to the other one too.. [Fail]. Since I can't do this, am I able to set a command line in Gameex for the dolphin for Wii to load the emulator and change the desired config (which is the emulated wiimote BTW) and a command line for GC that makes the standard controller config load for that emulator? If so I don't know how to begin to type that. Right now its dolphin.exe -e "[rompath]\[romfile]". I know someone's got this..

Sent from my N9520 using Tapatalk

Hello and good morning!

I hope this link will help some...or at least give ya an idea. I found something awhile back that works with Demul emulator - how to change the settings per game upon launch. I'm not sure that if this will apply to Dolphin, but if the settings are stored as an .ini file, this procedure may work.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/14897-tutorial-loading-per-game-settings-through-gameex/

LC

• Like 1

Ok there isn't a path in the dolphin emulator for the settings. i thought id try to change that then i would be gold. but if anyone has anything here are my 3 inis for the dolphin, the config for the gamecube and my config for the wiimote. i thought about making two different documents/dolphin folders but i would'nt know how to make the other emulator to direct to dolphin folder 2. Hmm. because it sucks to load the emulator with the arcade controls, then go to the keyboard and push alt+enter, move the mouse to either config and so on and so forth.....

Dolphin.ini

GCPadNew.ini

WiimoteNew.ini

Hello,

this is what you are looking for: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin

User Folder Structure

A number of user writeable directories are created for caching purposes or for allowing the user to edit their contents. On OS X and Linux these folders are stored in ~/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/ and ~/.dolphin-emu respectively. On Windows the user directory is stored in the My Documents folder by default, but there are various way to override this behavior:

• Creating a file called portable.txt next to the Dolphin executable will store the user directory in a local directory called "User" next to the Dolphin executable.
  • If the registry string value LocalUserConfig exists in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Dolphin Emulator and has the value 1, Dolphin will always start in portable mode.
  • If the registry string value UserConfigPath exists in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Dolphin Emulator, the user folders will be stored in the directory given by that string. The other two methods will be prioritized over this setting.

I hope it works for you and please if you solve your issue give a reply, i like to have separate controls for triforce so that my steering wheel is active when i play mario kart arcade gp 2

cheers!

• Like 2

OK gonna work on this now ill give u feedback shortly....also.....u just intrigued me. How in the heck did u get Mario arcade gp2 working on dolphin? I've been trying that for two years now. No luck

OK gonna work on this now ill give u feedback shortly....also.....u just intrigued me. How in the heck did u get Mario arcade gp2 working on dolphin? I've been trying that for two years now. No luck

I am using this branch: dolphin-Triforce-4.0-315-x64\Dolphin-x64 then under dolphin configuration "Gamecube" you select SP1 AM Baseboard on Port1 AM Baseboard and on Port2 Steering wheel

and you have to use this:

The Triforce branch is required to run this game, as well as a series of settings.

The AM-Baseboard needs to be set to both SP1 and Port1 in Config ---> GameCube.

Cheats must be enabled

The below patch must be used. It will give you 1 Credits so you can play the game. To apply it, right click on the game in the gamelist, click Edit Config, and paste the patch under the line: [OnFrame] Add memory patches to be applied every frame here.

+$99 credits

0x80690AC0:dword:0x00000001

$Emulation Bug Fixes

0x8002E100:dword:0x60000000

0x8002E340:dword:0x60000000

0x8002E34C:dword:0x60000000

0x80084FC4:dword:0x4800000C

0x80085000:dword:0x60000000

0x80073BF4:dword:0x98650023

0x80073C10:dword:0x98650023

$Disable Commentary

0x801B6510:dword:0x38800000

Triforce titles are currently controlled via the GameCube input.

[edit] Problems

[edit] Boot Failure

For any version other than the PAL (RELSAB) version, the game will not boot, even if you followed the instructions above. The patches that allow the game to boot have only been added to the GameINI for the PAL version, and have to be entered manually for any others.

To apply those patches, right click on the game in the gamelist, click Edit Config, and copy paste the patches underneath the game name. Note that you will still have to set the AM-Baseboard and enable cheats, but you will not need to copy paste the +99 Credits code, as it is already included in the patches link.

you can have multiple dolphin configurations. Create separate dolphin folders and in the root of each dolphin folder create a file called portable.txt

Do this in each of your folders and setup your config, paths, buttons etc and you wont have to do it again.

I have configurations for gamecube, wii, triforce and wii gun games

Hope this helps

• Like 1