All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Shouldn't there be a DMD in PinballX for Pinball FX2 tables?

geronimo42

Hello,

I've added some Pinball FX2 tables to PinballX in a 2 monitor setup. I'm using the backglass videos (with grill) found on ftp server. Everything is working fine so far. I can launch Pinball FX2 tables & DMD during gameplay is on correct position on backgklass.

But when I browse through the tables in PinballX, there is no DMD displayed. I'm not sure if this is correct, because, when I exit PinballX (ALT+F4), there is a DMD displayed for a short time after exiting the programm completely. It looks like it was hidden behind the table picture on main monitor the whole time. Am I correct? Should there be a DMD showed in PinballX for Pinball FX2 tables?

In settings, I have "Show DMD = Yes" on monitor1 (as the backlight)

Thanks, g.

Can you please provide us with your pinballx.ini and log.txt files to take a look at your settings?

Click on the PinballX How to ask for help link in my signature for instructions on how to find these files and how to submit them for us ro review.

P.S. I moved your post to the General forum from the Media Projects forum which is reserved for projects vs. reporting a problem or asking g questions about functionality of the frontend.

Hi Draco,

thanks for your fast answer. I solved it by moving the X-values of the DMD. But I noticed a lack of speed now browsing through the games. Also, after playing a table & returning to PinbalX, the DMDs are gone. Furthermore, my backglasses have different sizes & DMD positions & I guess I can only define one position for all DMDs. So, I disabled DMD in PinballX again. But I will give it a try again with a faster computer & harmonized backglasses.

thx, g.

Not much I can say or add without the requested support files. Unless you have a really ancient piece of kit, likely there is something that may just need to be adjusted.

Also, there are codecs to be considered. The most recent versions of PinballX do not rely on the previous recommended Shark007 codecs pack for videos, relying only on LaV.