All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PinballX and new Pinball Arcade supported rotation in a cabinet.

mamemaster

Tom,

unfortunately no success (still leaves out many cursor jumps), but you mention above, that you change the delay according to the resolution.

FYI, PBA does not work on resolutions greater than 1920x1080, it is the PBA DX11 back buffer, that is set to e.g. 2160x3840 and that slows down wheel movement !

Probably PinballX does not detect a resolution change (actually there is none) and the wheel key delay remains the same !

• 1 month later...

> Anyway, I don't personally think Pinball Arcade is that great an option for Pin Cabs myself. Your better playing the tables in VP.

Man, after endless hours of screwing around, I've finally thrown in the towel on VP. Too many quirks, too much work.

Like recently I got tired of my playfield monitor being in landscape and being difficult to work with on the desktop, so I rotated the display to a portrait mode. Setting up PBFX, PinballX, and even Pinball Arcade to handle this was dirt simple, but no, not VP. Apparently tables have to be custom built for portrait mode, and most aren't? And tweaking a table to match, oh god. So much fiddling, then when I get the dimensions right there are all kinds of display artifacts. The flippers are messed up looking. Etc. And I still need to go through and spend hours custom configing all the B2S and backglass and DMD stuff because I got a different backglass monitor and wanted to use a better resolution. ARGH

I'm so done with VP =)

Heck, in general the Pinball Arcade versions of a game tend to be better designed, look better, etc. And I can buy them legally.

And I'm hoping they finally follow through on their plans to release a version with cabinet support... I know, I can dream. But holy crap VP setup for a large library is going to kill me.

I have PBFX 2, TPA, FP, Mame, and PC games looking fantastic on my cab. TPA works great in a cab when its all setup correctly and with PBX you can have nice animated backglasses for your tables.

I know Visual Pinball will be a beast to tackle... but for me it will be mostly the tables I don't have in the other systems... Maybe if I get an LED Wiz / DOF setup in my cab I might be more inspired (that part is much easier for VP than it is for FP).

Future Pinball looks the best in my particular cab...

Glad I'm a casual player.