All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ARCADE and PINCAB] Arcade Timewarp - Cabinet Builds

the_greeze

Hi All,

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but please see below for links to videos of my recent two cabinet builds:

Videogame cabinet: https://youtu.be/of-phLWbSN4

There's a fair amount of info in the notes on the YouTube pages but feel free to ask me any questions! I didn't bother with a 'complete' build thread (from start to finish) as I feel there are enough of those and one half-finished cab looks much like another! :)

There are a few photos available too:

These were both built by myself over the course of this year. Not my first videogame cabinet but it is my first pinball machine. I have to say I'm very pleased with how they both turned out.

Anyway, enjoy the videos and photos; hopefully some of you will find some inspiration from them. :)

System Specs (Videogame):

MSI P67A-GD65 Motherboard

Intel Core i5 Processor

GeForce GTX770 GPU

4GB RAM

500GB Solid State Drive

Windows 7

System Specs (Pinball):

Asus H81M-K Motherboard

Intel Core i5 Processor

GeForce GTX970 GPU

8GB RAM

500GB Solid State Drive

Windows 7

Regards,

Simon

• Like 4

Thanks Simon! Would you mind posting some system specs here for both builds?

We frequently have users asking what others have put into their rigs and being able to point them to this subforum for ideas and inspiration goes a long way!

That is an amazing looking setup you have there. Very, and I do mean very nice work :cheers:

The level of woodworking skills, and individual dedication to detail that seems to be associated hobby, is nothing short of mind-blowing to me.

Thanks for sharing these with us!

Would you mind disclosing what screen you used for the play-field? I'm hoping to land a deal during the superbowl sales for my build.

Sure. :)

(Playfield) Samsung UE46F5300 (WxHxD: 1059.6 x 626.2 x 49.4)

(Backbox) Samsung UE32EH5000 (WxHxD: 738.3 x 444.9 x 93.2)

Those are UK model numbers. Dimensions in millimetres. I 'de-cased' both of 'em for a nice, bezel-free finish.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That shroud idea is genius! Did excatly the same with my speakers, but getting dazzled by the led's - now I know what to do! I'm assuming it doesn't effect sound quality?

Looking great - especially the color matching - colors chosen by hand or by script?

• Like 1

• Draco1962 changed the title to [ARCADE and PINCAB] Arcade Timewarp - Cabinet Builds