All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Color LED DMD support in XDMD with PIN2DMD interface

Lucky1

Hi Tom,

first of all thank you for your great products. I have developed a usb interface which uses pindmd protocol
to send graphical data to chinese color LED dotmatrix panels. It is completely open source and free for non commercial use and already have a base of about 100 units ordered in a group buy. I had to add a few commands e.g. to upload palette information. Since UltraDMD and Pinballx is based on your XDMD library I was wondering if you want to implement these new commands to provide them to these applications ? I currently use a batch file to upload the information before I start a table which is also O.K., but it would be great if it could be done within UltraDMD. Here is the Topic in the VPU Forum
Here is a video of PIN2DMD with pinballX animation and UltraDMD table Americas Most Haunted
Regards
Lucky1
  • Like 4

I'd do the dev work on this if I had one.. :(

I might still be able to help though. PM me what it is your looking for and I'll see if I can help at all.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Please send me the code with examples or whatever you have and I will do it at the same time I add support for PinDMD3. Be aware initially it will just be support and not new features. ie It will be compatible but it will just be greyscale for now. Color will come later. We need to get the community involved to maybe create some content ideally. Unfortunatly I am not likely to have one anytime soon but maybe in six months if I can afford to get the cab upgraded and I am able to get the company to do it although he's normally pretty good at helping me out.

Maybe there are other things he dropped but as far as PinballX it didn't seem viable to do it for a 100 people and I did not know at the time what kind of a task it was. So that's on me as much as him. Maybe I am a an upper class snob or missing something but for $80 and for something even I could fit myself and I am a tool with tools I don't see the issue really?

Thanks for your support Tom. I´m currently playing around with your xdmd source, figuring out how

PIN2DMD could be integrated with colors. Is there a newer source available ?

As it is already running fine using pindmd2 protocol, there is no rush for me and the community.

There are also some new things in discussion with the guys taking care of virtual pinmame source

e.g. driverless support in windows. I will come back to you as soon as we found the best way.

PIN2DMD costs about 30$ without the display panels and can also be used for monochrome pinball

dmd and easily be upgraded to color. The support is done by the community. So I don´t see any reason

to keep a pindmd1 either.

• Like 1

PIN2DMD costs about 30$ without the display panels and can also be used for monochrome pinball

dmd and easily be upgraded to color. The support is done by the community. So I don´t see any reason

to keep a pindmd1 either.

30usd is it? - I will take 5 - please tell me your source of information. It's 85 USD plus 20 USD for uninsured post plus import taxes. I agree it is good value and I jumped on to support the PinDMD1 well before it was ready. I simply made the comment support was dropped.

I´m talking about PIN2DMD interface which also supports color LED DMDs not the old pindmd2.

You can connect your monochrome pinball dmd to it, as long as you wait for your RGB panels. :)

You can find more information here

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forum/132-pin2dmd/

Thanks for the info Lucky1. I was obviously barking up the wrong tree (or more likely in the wrong forest ;)).

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Please send me the code with examples or whatever you have and I will do it at the same time I add support for PinDMD3. Be aware initially it will just be support and not new features. ie It will be compatible but it will just be greyscale for now. Color will come later. We need to get the community involved to maybe create some content ideally. Unfortunatly I am not likely to have one anytime soon but maybe in six months if I can afford to get the cab upgraded and I am able to get the company to do it although he's normally pretty good at helping me out.

Hey Tom. For testing purposes you could add this as a 2nd DMD to your machine. If you have the height maybe we could make a housing for it to sit on top of the backbox. That way you would have the ability to see the LED display for the Pinball FX2 and Pinball Arcade stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

heres the poste form vpuniverse of my custom logo:

"Thanks to the great Pin2Dmd and it's Colorprism FW + the custom PinballX dll file (thanks Lucky1), I now can run
my custom HULK themed video in color during attract mode where you select the tables.

This look so great but I can't really catch it in the clip, but it looks like a blend between the
original footage and the filmed DMD. Maybe the light is too strong from the DMD (or my equipment to shitty *lol*)  laugh.png 

Original movie made in Sony Vegas:
https://youtu.be/2rl8paKId8E

Filmed running on my cabs PIN2DMD/rgbDMD :
https://youtu.be/DNqB1dyhv4w

Hope you like it and get inspired make your custom cab vids (and please, post them for us to see)

Thanks all involved in this great project and the continuous development of its firmware.

Regards

/Gustav"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys!

I have a Special OFFER for the Pin2DMD Shield!!!!

There are 8 rev 1.4 Shields left in Stock. The rev 1.4 is perfect for every VirtualPinball!

The main difference to rev 2.0 is: rev 1.4 has NO integrated INPUT SIgnal Filter on the "real Pinball DMD Input", but can be attached with an add on card when needed!

The rev 1.4 is a great DEAL for every Virtual Pinball! For real Pinball Machines I recommend teh rev 2.0 Shields!

Both Shields are using the same Controller and you can change them out when ever you want (it is possible to Upgrade from a rev 1.4 Shield to rev 2.0 without the change of the Controller!!!!)

The Shield PCB is professional made and has a very good Quality, I get only positive Feedbacks on my Boards.

For Orders: Please contact me in the VPU Forum (my Name at VPU: UncleSash) or on my Facebook side!

Here is my Offer for a rev 1.4 SHIELD: (price in the list is the allready reduced price)

• 4.00 USD each = SHIELD PCB rev 1.4
  • 2.00 USD each = Set of 4 mounting Legs
  • 2.00 USD each = mirco SD reader for rev 1.4
  • 5.00 USD each = component Set for rev 1.4 (all parts that you need for the PCB!)
  • 8.50 USD each = Soldering Service for rev 1.4

Total old reduced Totall:

• 21.50 USD

Total in this Offer (for the last 8 Shields):

• !!!! 18.00 USD !!!! + Shipping!!!! (soldered rev 1.4 PCB ready to use)

or

• !!!! 12.00 USD !!!! + Shipping!!!! (unsoldered rev 1.4 PCB, DIY Kit)

You need a Controller Board to run it! This Offer is the Shield ONLY!

The price for a Controller is:

• 25.50 USD each = Stm32F407 VGT6 "DISC1" Board

I am not able to give a Discount on the Controllers, they are expensive and I have a plus on the Controller from just 0.50 USD and that is not a plus when I calculate all my Work!

Shipping cost for inside US (48 lower states):

• NO Controller: 5.00 USD (USPS First Class Package, fits up to 2 Sets)
  • with Controller: 7.00 USD (USPS priority small Box Flatrate, fits up to 2 Sets)
  • Pick Up: 0.00 USD in Anderson, SC

best regards from South Carolina

Sascha

• Like 1

On 5.5.2016 at 9:56 AM, UncleSash said:

Hello Guys!

I have a Special OFFER for the Pin2DMD Shield!!!!

There are 8 rev 1.4 Shields left in Stock. The rev 1.4 is perfect for every VirtualPinball!

The main difference to rev 2.0 is: rev 1.4 has NO integrated INPUT SIgnal Filter on the "real Pinball DMD Input", but can be attached with an add on card when needed!

The rev 1.4 is a great DEAL for every Virtual Pinball! For real Pinball Machines I recommend teh rev 2.0 Shields!

Both Shields are using the same Controller and you can change them out when ever you want (it is possible to Upgrade from a rev 1.4 Shield to rev 2.0 without the change of the Controller!!!!)

The Shield PCB is professional made and has a very good Quality, I get only positive Feedbacks on my Boards.

For Orders: Please contact me in the VPU Forum (my Name at VPU: UncleSash) or on my Facebook side!

Here is my Offer for a rev 1.4 SHIELD: (price in the list is the allready reduced price)

• 4.00 USD each = SHIELD PCB rev 1.4
  • 2.00 USD each = Set of 4 mounting Legs
  • 2.00 USD each = mirco SD reader for rev 1.4
  • 5.00 USD each = component Set for rev 1.4 (all parts that you need for the PCB!)
  • 8.50 USD each = Soldering Service for rev 1.4

Total old reduced Totall:

• 21.50 USD

Total in this Offer (for the last 8 Shields):

• !!!! 18.00 USD !!!! + Shipping!!!! (soldered rev 1.4 PCB ready to use)

or

• !!!! 12.00 USD !!!! + Shipping!!!! (unsoldered rev 1.4 PCB, DIY Kit)

You need a Controller Board to run it! This Offer is the Shield ONLY!

The price for a Controller is:

• 25.50 USD each = Stm32F407 VGT6 "DISC1" Board

I am not able to give a Discount on the Controllers, they are expensive and I have a plus on the Controller from just 0.50 USD and that is not a plus when I calculate all my Work!

Shipping cost for inside US (48 lower states):

• NO Controller: 5.00 USD (USPS First Class Package, fits up to 2 Sets)
  • with Controller: 7.00 USD (USPS priority small Box Flatrate, fits up to 2 Sets)
  • Pick Up: 0.00 USD in Anderson, SC

best regards from South Carolina

Sascha

4 are gone....

4 are left...

hurry up.... before it is all gone!

But I have still a lot of rev 2.0 in Stock!!

So made your own Pin2DMD with a nice Shield!

Pro look in your Cab!

• 5 months later...

hey guys... here is Sascha.

I designed the V1 and V2 Shields for the Pin2DMD Setup.
PinballSP just covered everything (but he makes a real good job and made it on one pcb with smd comp.).

There is a new V3 Shield on the market right now.
With WiFi functions, Seriell OUT (to trigger events over smart DMD function), REAL Pinball DMD Input Signal enhancer, GO-DMD function (check http://www.go.dmd.de ), flat design to hook directly to a P2.5 DMD 128x32 pixel (allmost the same size like an original DMD).

and a nice discount for the next 7 Orders (and anyways cheaper as the german V3 Shield).
The most parts on the Shield are bougth in the USA (everything except the PinHeaders, and GO-DMD Sensors).
PCB is made in China, with a great Quality (sorry, but prototyping in the US is to expensive, I wish that the boards would be made here).

here is the link to my Order Thread:
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2250-pin2dmd-order-thread-worldwide/

regards
Sascha aka UncleSash

FB: http://www.facebook.com/UncleSash <- check it out for some nice PCB stuff

large.57fd953b145e4_RGBDMDShieldV3fullya

large.57fd955ab870f_RGBDMDShieldV3back.j