All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PinballX Losing focus when switching tables

Jodannar

Disabling b2s in the front end. Changing nothing else, table vids work.. Backglass vids stall in the same way table vids did previously.

Fix 1 issue, create another. Seriously puzzling. 

If pinballX is running as an administrator, table videos don't work. If its not table videos work, with B2S running.

Disable B2S. Table videos work, back glass videos stall and scrolling produces a frozen frame of the initial video on load.

Running Windows 10. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone who is running Windows 10 please tell me a) what compatibility settings and account settings they run pinballx as

B)what compatability settings and account settings they run b2s as

C) the order of their monitor in Windows( mine are 1 backglass, 2 play field, 3 dmd. Arranged 1,2,3 left to right)

I can't figure out how my setup is so special this doesn't work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are mine - 

a: Windows 10 - No Compatibility settings made. Only "Run as administrator for all users." for PinballX.

b: I do not run B2S as of yet so can't help you there.

c: Monitor 1 = Playfield -  Monitor 2 = Back Glass - Monitor 3 = DMD

Thanks Draco. I've tried running pinballx as admin for all users. I have no luck with that. I've tried vp in admin and non admin etc. my machine only has 1 user account that's a full administrator so I can't understand any of these conflict issues.

My play field is monitor 2 and set as primary.

I can't think of other variables.

Started again. Uninstalled pinballx. Deleted everything related to it. Restarted. Installed pinballx, all default settings. Launch it. Issue happens with the demo media.

This is also all using only a single monitor

I deleted and reinstalled pinballx again today. Deleted it's registry entries.. Issue happens with the sample media straight off the bat. Very puzzling.

Also rearranged all my cab cabling so that play field is monitor 1 in Windows and at the left as primary.

Rebuilding my databases tonight as I deleted Everything stupidly in a rage

I have suggested everything I know to suggest. Others have had similar issues but we're able to overcome them.

Something in your setup is very unique and I have no idea where to tell you to start.

Sometimes starting over totally fresh is the best and only way, but no guarantees. 

Have you updated all your Windows drivers and security patches Draco? Maybe I have a conflict there?

I have another machine that I haven't booted up for a while that has pinballx on it. I'll add a video or 2 to that to see if it occurs

I've given up. Restored pc to factory Windows settings tonight after trying to correct file permissions etc with command line utilities. Will see if it makes any difference another night. It better had ...

It was once, and the forum app I used caused a double post.

After the format, issue still occurs.. Intermittently.

Windows recognises the screens as 1 play field, 2 backglass, 3 dmd. When pinball x has the same settings, backglass on screen 2 , it shows on the dmd screen, labelled as 3 by Windows. Very puzzling.

I now think that if I set the resolution of the main display in pinballx higher than the default 720 in the ini it creates the issue.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

I'll run focus logger. Doesn't explain why I get Windows on the incorrect screen though. This is a clean install of Windows with nothing other than pinballx and the codecs loaded

Unplugging the 3rd monitor, plugged into the motherboards onboard video, pinballx then puts the backglass correctly into screen2.

Truth be told, nothing we have done so far explains anything that is happening on your end. Not being a smart ass,here. Just nothing seems to stick when it has remedied similar issues for other users.

I agree Draco. It's severely puzzling and makes no sense. I now think that the issue is with the onboard video somehow conflicting with the gpu ports or something. Pinballx placing the backglass into the motherboard monitor as 3, when set to put on monitor 2 is wrong. With the 3rd monitor disconnected it runs correctly on the 2nd screen.

I can't download your log file for some reason. An earlier one you posted shows that you are connected to two GPU. You should connect all three screens to the NVidia card. There is absolutely no benefit in performance or offloading of resources happening when you are also connecting displays to your integrated video adapter or some other card that is less powerful. It may even be the cause of your problems. 

I have a GTX 660. The machine also came with a GT 610 which originally came connected to the backglass display. I ran a stress test using DSR 4K downsampling with and without some of the displays connected to the GT 610 in different combinations. Subjectively, I saw no difference. In fact, Unit3D will not even work on two screens correctly unless both are connected to the same card. I pulled that GT 610 a couple of years ago and never looked back.