All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Media packs issue

Viktory2k1

Gosh I think by default when you launch a table in pbx you just press s for playfield and b for backglass shots. You can change keys to anything. That's what I do

Me too. Go through the setting wizard and pick a key for screengrabs. Then start a table in Pinball X, hit the key, and it works like prntscrn. The screengrab will be at: PinballX/media/visualpinball/screengrabs (or screegrabs backglass for backglass captures). That's how I did it for all my 720 tables.

OK, big trouble, I may have a bad install, I cannot do a screengrab for the life of me, I even changed the leters to o and u and nothing, is somethig supposed to show up on the scren or a noise? either way, nothing happens, another problem is say I am playing a table and want to try another table, the only way I can exit the table is ESC and shut down vp and wait and then pinballx comes back on, I tried e which is default and if I am scrolling through tables, it will shut down pinballx but it seems the only thing that wouks in game is credits and flippers and start, I havent tried pause. In my opinion, something isn't installed right. I need that screenshot thing to work so I can make backglasses and table images for scrolling, yes CTRL PRT SC works but makes the whole thing go nuts and I can never find where the files went but at least it makes a camera noise. I am going to google this because either I am totally missing how to do something or I have a bad install of pinballx which would suck. I posted this in VPforums and got alot of responses and none work. This has been driving me nuts for about 2 weeks.

No sounds. Nothing. Your screenshots will be in media folder of pinballx under your system name(visual pinball) the screenshot type example: c:\pinballx\media\visual pinball\screen grabs\

ever wonder why it doesnt put it in the correct fonder?... if it knows the "visual pinball" media folders, ever wonder why it doesnt just put it in the "table images" if you press S and in the "backglass images" folder if you press D....

OK, I tried to post this a while ago and site shut down for a few seconds and came on and my msg is gone. The bottom line, can someone tell me how to do screen shots in pinballx? I tried everyones half answers and no one will give me a full answer, I set the keys to u an o and nothing. Am I supposed to know when it works with a sound or dialogue box? nobody answered that. Please a video of exactly what you are doing would be great or I may as well set the cab on fire. Or is the all BS and just do screen shots woth CTRL PRTSC? I don't know because everyone tells me something different. I might end up taking a pic of the screen with my camera and scan the pics, easier that the crap I have been told to do. PLEASE someone tell me from begining to end how to take a screen shot in pinballx. it has been holding me up for 3 weeks and getting very redundant. A video of exactly what happens would be even better so I know WTF you are talking about. I tried everyones ideas for this and not one worked except the old meathod mentioned above, Please or I am done with this, can't do anything without screen shots so the project is done if I don't get the horrible instructions I have been given from other sites so I thought I would try here once more

Whoa. One can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I sincerely think that they are trying to help you.

If you need detailed instructions then ask. I am sure they will be given. Provide a copy of your pinballx.ini so they can see how you have your setup at present.

HI, I went ahead and merged your two threads by the same topic name in two different subforums, especially since you are asking for help. The PinballX Media forum is mainly for media contributions, projects or creating media proper for use within PinballX.

OK, entire problem has been fixed buy a member of another site using Teamviewer, He said my entire visual pinball file system was corrupt for some reason and after many hours, I can now do screen shots and alot of other stuff I couldn't do. I owe alot to him!

• Like 1