All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Christmas Comp 2015

GimmeClassics

christmas_marquee_2015.png

.................The Christmas Comp 2015 ran from December 1st until December 31st.................

We congratulate ExedExes for winning The Christmass Comp 2015 !!

and Rtkiii for claiming second place silver.png and Millerbrad winning the bronze medal brons.png

Thank you all for participating and we hope to see you back next Christmass..!!

Overall High Score Leaderboard
POSITIONUSER NAMETOTAL SCORE
1ExedExes600
2rtkiii180
3millerbrad90

Last Updated: 12-31-2015

rules.jpg

* All 6 Mame games can be played during the entire month of December !
* Play your game and submit a screenshot of your hi-score screen as a reply to this thread
* All submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM on December 31st || Countdown link
* You're allowed to submit as many hi-scores as you want. Your personal best score on each game will be shown in the individual Hi-Score Tables (scroll down below and click on the individual game marquees). You can check - at any moment - your leaderboard total by simply adding up the individual points of your current hi-score game positions (10th place = 10 points followed by increments of 10 points // 1st place = 100 points)
* For game settings please scroll down below and click on the game marquee.
* Be honorable and play with no cheats or hacks !!

games.jpg

Click on the individual game marquees for the (dip-switch) settings you have to use when you sumbit your hi-score and to jump to the games' hi-score table !

snowbros2_marquee.png

pengo_marquee.png

alpineski_marquee.png

hittheice_marquee.png

mariobros_marquee.png

extreme_downhill_marquee.png

" Hohoho...Santa Claus is coming to GameEx !! "

christmas_bottom_banner.jpg

• Like 2

While not "Christmas" in theme, aren't there games based upon winter sports, such as hockey, skiing, Winter Olympics and such?

These kind of games could def be part of a Christmas comp. Any game suggestions perhaps ?

Thanks Draco :)

These kind of games could def be part of a Christmas comp. Any game suggestions perhaps ?

Thanks Draco :)

Hockey:

2 on 2 Open Ice Challenge
Blades of Steel
Bullfighter
FIghting Ice Hiockey
Hat Trick
Hit the Ice
Skiing:
Alpine Racer
Alpine Racer 2
Cool Boarder Arcade Jam
Dynamic Ski
Extreme Downhill
Parallel Turn
  • Like 1

This is a stretch, but let's include that old 2D vertical shooter called Twin Eagle. Remember the Christmas trees you blow up worth 4k a piece?

Other suggestions:

--Mario Bros. ( Slipice)

--I second Pengo as a suggestion.

--Millipede, just because, I guess.

That is all I can think of for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Tick-tock, Clarice. Tick-tock...

Thanks for reminding me Draco ;)

I've added a poll to the first post of this thread. I've made a selection of the previously suggested games. Thanks for all the suggestions guys !! A few didn't make it to our poll. I had to skip a few because of TG's rules or not being a good fit for this contest.

Good luck choosing your 6 favorite games !! (link)

I've updated the GOTM thread and pointed users to this thread. When GC creates the official thread, we should update that to point here. Since the plan appears to run the Christmas Comp the same way as the Halloween Bash (multiple games) I would assume the contest will be held in this forum rather than the official HS forum. Because of that, I've noted in the GOTM thread that we won't have December GOTM. However, we will have a January one, and that means we'll need suggestions for a new poll. Stay tuned!

• Like 1

I've updated the GOTM thread and pointed users to this thread. When GC creates the official thread, we should update that to point here. Since the plan appears to the Christmas Comp run the same way as the Halloween Bash (multiple games) I would assume the contest will be held in this forum rather than the official HS forum. Because of that, I've noted in the GOTM thread that we won't have December GOTM. However, we will have a January one, and that means we'll need suggestions for a new poll. Stay tuned!

Thanks Han for being a valuable part of our HS Team. Much appreciated !!

Sounds good! Can't wait to get started! I dig these mini comps!

I personally also love the mini comps !! I'm glad to hear you're looking forward to the Christmas Comp :)

VOTING HAS ENDED !

Thank you guys. I'm looking forward to this contest !!

The games for this year's Christmas Competition are:

snowbros2_marquee.png[6 votes]

pengo_marquee.png [6 votes]

alpineski_marquee.png[4 votes]

hittheice_marquee.png [3 votes]

mariobros_marquee.png[3 votes]

extreme_downhill_marquee.png [3 votes]

Please look at the first post for the contest rules, the general Leaderboard and game settings !

Have fun everyone !!

snowbros2_marquee.png

Snow Bros. 2 - With New Elves Leaderboard
POSITIONUSER NAMETOTAL SCORE
1ExedExes583,170 :link:
2rtkiii151,780 :link:

Last Updated: 12-31-2015

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Snow Bros 2 - With New Elves:

ROMSet: SnowBro2
Flip Screen: Off
Service Mode: Off
Continue Mode: Normal
Difficulty: Medium
Bonus Life: 100K only
Lives: 3
Invulnerability: Off
Maximum Players: 4
Show All Rights Reserved: No
Territory: Europe
Special Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY Variation! You may freely choose your character. Continues are NOT allowed!

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings

Good luck and have fun!

~ Hi-Score Team