All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pcsxr with nuvee lightgun plug in

ceedub

Ive been using this setup for psx light gun games for a while with an arcadeguns.com gun.

I have yet to figure out how to press start on ghostbuster and resident exil.

Youre supposed to be able to press (a+b ) for ghostbusters but the gun doesnt have middle mouse button support and mapping the third button on the gun to middle mouse with joy2key doesnt seem to work in the game.

Can anyone help me figure out how to start these games?

Most certainly not my specialty, but you should post your config in hopes it adds some value. Light-guns seem to be a bit in a realm of their own, but I've seen thurmansevolution, and stigzler work their way through things, so it can be done!

Im not sure my gameex configuration will help. Its more of a pcsxr/nuvee specific problem.

I was just hoping someone else here has ran in to this issue and figured out a work around.

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

I think Lightgun Emulation could have a site of its own to be honest! You've done amazing to get LGs and PCSX-R up and running together via nuvee!

I haven't got this far yet - I'm using AimTraks - arcadeguns.com are a different system aren't they? Anyways - on the aimtrak, you have to put them into guncon mode - this may help with the A+B method.

Haven't been to the magical realm of Lightguns for a while - but here's a bit of a journal I wrote from my last hellish visit. It's about nuvee and assigning other buttons etc, dunno if it'll be relevant:

https://sites.google.com/site/alienarcade74/sub-projects/software-setups/dual-lightgun-setup-on-pcsx2-playstation-2

Good luck brother, and as ever - report back. We really should start centralising all the lightgun stuff somewhere....

I think Lightgun Emulation could have a site of its own to be honest! You've done amazing to get LGs and PCSX-R up and running together via nuvee!

I haven't got this far yet - I'm using AimTraks - arcadeguns.com are a different system aren't they? Anyways - on the aimtrak, you have to put them into guncon mode - this may help with the A+B method.

Haven't been to the magical realm of Lightguns for a while - but here's a bit of a journal I wrote from my last hellish visit. It's about nuvee and assigning other buttons etc, dunno if it'll be relevant:

https://sites.google.com/site/alienarcade74/sub-projects/software-setups/dual-lightgun-setup-on-pcsx2-playstation-2

Good luck brother, and as ever - report back. We really should start centralising all the lightgun stuff somewhere....

I thing the aimtrak and arcadeguns are similar but not exactly the same. Im definitely in guncon mode and have tried to use the profiles for both those games but cant seem to get past "press start"

The other games work fine. Ill check out the link suggested it sounds like its what i need

Ok heres where im at.

I figured out that with the gun i can hold down the 2 buttons on the gun while plugging it in and go in to "guncon" mode and that allows me to use the ems top gun deivers to edit what each button is on the gun.

So i definitely have a "middle button" now but still couldnt get start to work using the a+b method (right click+middle click)

Next step was to try to change what each mouse button did in the emulator itself so heres where im at~

If change my trigger button or (left click) to either a or b in the emulator i can get it start.

So left click+right click or left click+middle will start the game but when a and b are set to middle and right nothing happens.

I wonder if this is a fault in the nuvee plugin or the gun hardware?

i can start the game but its awkward not having the trigger shoot. So now i have to open the ems panel and swap the buttons on the gun itself.

Its a work arpund but definitely a pain in the ass.

Any suggestions?

Also for anyone interested.

For resident evil survivor you need the European version. Instead of "press start" it accepts any key.

But you need the a+b to get past calibration.

So far ive been saving state after i get past the a+b parts. If i could map load state 1 to "1" on a keyboard id be in the money

• Like 1