All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Slow Video Snaps Alpha Blending Off

theduke08

Hello,

I recently added an SSD to my setup along with my standard hard drive to try to speed up startup. GameEx is installed on the SSD but all emulators, artworks, roms, ect are on the standard Disk drive. Since I have done that my video snaps have gotten extremely slow. I have to hover over the game for a few seconds before it will load if at all. Would moving GamEX to the Disk Drive with the artwork/everything else resolve this issue?

The only solution I can find in the FAQ's is to turn off Alpha Blending. This has not resolved the issue. Any advice would be great.

GameEx.ini

Samsung HD103SJ (1TB Sata 3GB) - Video snaps worked perfectly fine using only this drive prior to splitting OS on SSD with Gamex and Artwork/assets on HDD.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Spinpoint-3-5-Inch-Internal-HD103SJ/dp/B002MQC0P8

BTW I moved the installation of GameEx to the HDD and copied the Config File over. I have the same issue still. The videos that do play will sometimes play at about 2.0x speed the first time through then fix itself when it replays the video.

Edited by theduke08

Tom had the solution to your issue. I was only asking about the HDD as some, such as the WD Green drives, tend to shutdown regardless of your Windows settings to disable the power settings and take a while to spin back up to read the file. Glad the codecs sorted it out for you!