All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED]SSF is being ignored by Game EX

massop

Please try this one and post the plugin log. This had some minor corrections to what may have been the issue and also more logging if not.

Please make sure you run the plugin in debug mde as well. :)

• Like 1

Scratch that. I found a bug and fixed it that only happens with DT 10. I am uploading a new version of the plugin in a few seconds. I was able to confirm that SSF is now working fine. Thanks for your patience massop!

• Like 2

Scratch that. I found a bug and fixed it that only happens with DT 10. I am uploading a new version of the plugin in a few seconds. I was able to confirm that SSF is now working fine. Thanks for your patience massop!

No, thank you for looking at this.

I have not tested the new plugin yet as the machine is in the office but I will test it tomorrow.

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Ok I think I got it working now.

I had issues updating the plugin but deleting the old one & manually downloading the new one fixed that.

I then had issues with mounting but that was down to me telling SSF to look at the wrong drive.

I have but 1 small issue and its down to the unmount confirmation deamon tools pops up when exiting game EX. I went into deamon tools and disables all (confirmations) but this still shows up.

2_zpsa4smucbn.png

The issue this causes is that the original image is still mounted when changing games so it fails to load the new ROM.

Has anyone else had this issue?

The plugin sends that, what he's seeing is the unmount confirmation which can be turned off using the setting I posted.

The issue is that he unchecked them all instead of checking them, is a fairly common mistake.

There's a DT setting for disabling this, use them just like this in the picture.

attachicon.gifdt_settings.png

Thanks for this,

I must be going mad.

I swear I have checked all boxes & unchecked them and no matter what the prompt shows up everytime.

Even stranger still if I "Check" "Exit" & try to exit I get the below prompt

exit checked

1_zpsupufltlo.png

Prompt

2_zpsaijmwlq4.png

When I uncheck this setting is saved.

Why on earth is it not working for the unmount command? I have "run as administrator" and tried other things but it will always ask me when I unmount.

Any ideas?

You got me on that one... It may be a bug, I'm not sure... This isn't happening to me unfortunately. My unmount commands are processed with no nag. The only difference between us as I can tell is that I went from 9 to 10 and initially set it up in 9.

Let me see if I have a settings file for DTools. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that it's a bug in the new DT. Wouldn't be their first time. :)

You got me on that one... It may be a bug, I'm not sure... This isn't happening to me unfortunately. My unmount commands are processed with no nag. The only difference between us as I can tell is that I went from 9 to 10 and initially set it up in 9.

Let me see if I have a settings file for DTools. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that it's a bug in the new DT. Wouldn't be their first time. :)

Can you tell me what version of deamon tools that you are running?

I will try to aquire the same version as a clean instal failed to solve the issue.

Thanks

10 now, but I upgraded from 9. I also have a licensed copy if that matters, it was like 10 bucks or something. I always keep it current so whatever the current release is.

As a great footballer used to say "why always me?"

I purchased a deamon tools licence (only £2.50 ish) and re-installed that but I get the same damned issue lol.

At least now I can raise a support query to deamon tools direct.

I'll do this tomorrow and let you know if I get any feedback.

What a pain in the a$$ lol.

Ok after a lot of back & forth with Deamon tools they finally admit its a bug in the software and that it will be address in next weeks patch, see below from customer support

"Dear Customer,
We got this problem. Indeed, the confirmation comes whenever you unmount all devices via cmd. This is the bug that already fixed in next update, planning to release next week."
I will post a final update once this is indeed resolved.
Regards
  • Like 2