All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Looking for input for USB LCD for DMD

tthurman

After some research, I'm sort of leaning towards this USB 3 monitor, AOC E1659FWU.

I don't have a dedicated pincab, so authenticity isn't a priority of mine, just functionality.

I would appreciate input from the pros here.

How much does this cost? Would be cool to be able to integrate DMD with GameEx displays as well to display scores, brief instructions, etc.

Not released yet, but pricing is due in a matter of days - may splurge on one myself, wanna buy a used dmd?? ;) .

Yeah, that's an interesting thread :o

I don't follow any of the VP forums a great deal, but do stumble upon them in searches quite a lot. So you can just daisy chain these to create larger displays huh?

Interesting project, and one I'll keep an eye on for sure.

I don't mind paying for a polished product that alleviates frustration, and in fact would prefer not to have to learn my way around the nuts and bolts of dmd. If the price is right, and there is some certainty as to the longevity of support for the product that is. Thanks for the link!

If it only fit my marquee natively... But I can probably manufacture something to fill the extra space.

Russ has another video of this, and this one really showcases what this thing can do.

With any luck this thing will be in my price range, because it looks 100% bad-ass!

Damn that video sealed the deal I am defo getting one now.

Russ only lives 3 miles from me so think I will PM him now.

I have zero experience with these, are those two screens just mounted to some type of aluminium channel? This is quite a different solution to the VESA mounted monitor I posted above, and I'm trying to comprehend how it would be mounted so I can start thinking along those lines.

<edit> I'm assuming that is made up of two 180 x 80 (or similar) screens

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

It's my first post on gameex, so don't be too harsh with me ;)

I'm organizing a group buy for the PIN2DMD project and we're way ahead of what the "comercial solution" can do :D

In the near future all kinds of systems may be implemented, and we're not talking about VPins alone: WPC (beta works), Stern etc...

Atm colored Pinmame roms work, Future pinball is on it's way and a lot of things will happen.

I don't want to fight a war with russ, but what lucky1 and steve45 did is just freakin' awesome!!!

Greets,

Dom

• Like 1

Here is a video of pin2dmd in action with latest official pinmame build supporting palette upload.

Here it uses modified ROM files colorized with Pinball Browser and SmartDMD palette switching.

Here it is connected to a real Dr. Who pinball machine.

Both can not be done with pindmd3

Here is a playlist with more videos

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCO4LbW2kIL5m2C5_EXPokThLR8YeTx-i

• Like 3

• 2 months later...