All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] 3 Monitor Problem

steveg64

Well this seems to be going from bad to worse.

I decided to try a two monitor setup just to see if it was the 3rd monitor causing the problem and now - every time I launch a table through Pinballx the DMD (rom) is hidden behind the backglass but if I run direct from VP everything works fine.

The burning question for me is do you still have focus loss with this config and PinballX?.

OK, well I have just tried a EM Table (which does not use a DMD/pinmame) and that works fine on a two monitor setup when launching via Pinballx.

With SS tables that utilise a DMD/pinmame I can get them to work by clicking on F3 after launching via Pinballx in a two monitor setup.

It is finally working perfectly with all 3 monitors - but I am hoping someone can explain why :unsure:

I started playing around with all the exe's with the "Compatibility mode" and noticed that the one that was having the most effect was "vpauto.exe".

With it set to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" everything worked until the ball was rolling on the playfield and then it would freeze until I clicked on the playfield with the mouse.

Finally out of sheer frustration I decided to see what happened if I removed the "vpauto.exe" and to my unexpected delight everything is running without a hitch, so then I am wondering why it was needed - but what I can't explain is when I look at the log file it is still showing the entry "C:\PinballX\vpauto.exe" even though the file is no longer there?

Steve G.

It is finally working perfectly with all 3 monitors - but I am hoping someone can explain why :unsure:

I started playing around with all the exe's with the "Compatibility mode" and noticed that the one that was having the most effect was "vpauto.exe".

With it set to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" everything worked until the ball was rolling on the playfield and then it would freeze until I clicked on the playfield with the mouse.

Finally out of sheer frustration I decided to see what happened if I removed the "vpauto.exe" and to my unexpected delight everything is running without a hitch, so then I am wondering why it was needed - but what I can't explain is when I look at the log file it is still showing the entry "C:\PinballX\vpauto.exe" even though the file is no longer there?

Steve G.

Hallelujah!.

vpauto.exe automatically clicks through the nag screens Pinmame throws up whenever you play a table the first time.

If you do not mind opening new tables up once outside of PBX to Ok the boxes then removing vpauto should not be an issue (correct tom?) , PBX will still send a command to it anyway but should be fine I am assuming.

Have not added a new table in a while and Pinmame has changed a lot lately, do we still even get the nag screens?.

I open up all new tables outside of PBX first as generally there will be something that needs to be changed in the table script first and I must admit that I have not seen any Pinmame nag screens in a long time so maybe the vpauto.exe is no longer needed?

Anyway, either way I have removed it and I'm happily added new tables and actually think about the next stage i.e. building the cabinet :o