All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] 3 Monitor Problem

steveg64

Oh ok...lol

Well I took the NVidia card out and now using the onboard amd gpu, but still have the same problem - works fine launching any table direct from VP but puts the cursor top right of the 3rd (DMD) monitor when lauching tables via Pinballx.

Steve G.

Just because the cursor is on it does not necessarily say if or anything is setting focus. I am just saying on windows 10 with a b2b that's where it seems to sit and it is visible for me. What is your backglass displaying in PinballX? Just videos or B2B. If its B2B, try without that.

Trying to think outside of the box here a bit. Go to Control Panel | Mouse | Pointer Options. Look to see if there is a section called Snap To and see if there is a check in the box to Automatically move pointer to the default button of a dialog box. If there is, uncheck it and click Apply then OK.

If it isn't checked, maybe try the reverse to see if that has a positive impact.

Steve and myself have been bashing away at this in the background via PM and in the name of transparency and to get some more eyes on the problem I thought we would let every one know where we are at.

So using AHK to run a winactivate command to activate the VP window after a 7 second wait does indeed pull focus back to VP long enough to coin up but then somehow focus is again lost later?.
However if we then add a second Winactivate after another 7 second sleep this fails?, adding a loop to keep activating may work but is no solution and who knows how game play will be affected.

This I think though can probably rule out PinballX?, so we started to suspect something grounding out and producing unwanted key press`s, or a rogue input device sending ghost inputs.
This though leads to the question as to why only when loaded through PinballX?, unless the extra windows opened are what is being clicked maybe?.

Steve has now upgraded his nudge device and still has focus woes so any other input is most welcome.

One thing I am unsure of Steve is if you are using your new nudge device for buttons aswell or do you have a separate encoder?.
Also can you see any ghost inputs firing when the onscreen keyboard is active or anything under joystick properties?.
Wondering also if any signal(usb) lines are running too close to power lines or alongside contactors or the sub maybe?
What happens steve if you unplug all usb inputs ledwiz aswell and then plug in a external keyboard?, this would rule out noise then?.

• Like 2

I have not decided if I am going to use the nudge device for buttons or a separate encoder, but at the moment this is all a test rig and I am still using a normal USB keyboard.

At the moment the nudge device is unplugged and the only USB inputs are the keyboard, mouse, 3rd monitor and WiFi.

This just gets

I have not decided if I am going to use the nudge device for buttons or a separate encoder, but at the moment this is all a test rig and I am still using a normal USB keyboard.

At the moment the nudge device is unplugged and the only USB inputs are the keyboard, mouse, 3rd monitor and WiFi.

This just gets more puzzling does it not?.

I was going to suggest This test software but am now really out of all Ideas?.

Do you have another PC to test your set up in?. one with 3 monitor support via the gfx card maybe?, or have you tested in just a two screen configuration.

Well this seems to be going from bad to worse.

I decided to try a two monitor setup just to see if it was the 3rd monitor causing the problem and now - every time I launch a table through Pinballx the DMD (rom) is hidden behind the backglass but if I run direct from VP everything works fine.