All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] 3 Monitor Problem

steveg64

Ok. with DMD on playfield and B2S not active, I still have the problem.

I would have thought if it was hardware it would not work correctly when launching direct through VP?

Anyway, I have one Graphics Card (onboard is automatically disabled when a graphic card is plugged in).

Only 2 Monitors can work on the card at any one time even though it has 3 outputs - so:

Playfield = HDMI port on Graphics Card.

Backglass = DVI port on Graphics Card.

DMD = USB 3.0 connection (via USB to VGA adaptor).

Steve G.

You haven't indicated whether or not you tried changing the monitor 0 settings to 1080x1920. Can you try this please and make sure that fullscreened windowed is not enabled? Per the log.txt file you originally submitted, it is showing enabled. After changing the playfield dimensions, please submit updated log.txt and pinballx.ini files for review. Thanks!

Hi Draco,

Yes I changed monitor 0 to 1080x1920 even though I don't have the playfield windowed.

But I understand what you are saying, the log.txt is still saying "Main display running full screen windowed".

In Pinballx settings I have:

Window/Full Screen = Full Screen

Full screen windowed = No

Steve G.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Just experimented with my cab and the my log also infers to my display being windowed -odd, guess you have tried VP in both fullscreen and full screen windowed?.

Crazy idea number 42 is to check that all screens are running in landscape mode and the PF is not set to portrait - unlikely but still worth confirming :rolleyes:.

One very suspect thing is that my log has an entry for the correct rom being found where yours does not.

So am wondering if the rom the table script is using is not the same one you defined in the games list manager?, this may not be important if the correct Rom/B2s is already running from the select screen but it seems strange you have no log entry?

Condensed this down a bit....

YOURS MINE

23:08:56.2: Launch System 11:36:32.3: Launch System
23:08:56.2: Waiting for threads 11:36:32.3: Waiting for threads
23:08:56.6: Disposing display 11:36:32.3: Disposing display
23:08:58.0: C:\Visual Pinball\VPinball991.exe /play -"C:\"\"\The Addams Family.vpt" 11:36:34.4: C:\Games\Visual Pinball\VPinball.exe /play -"C:\"\"\"\Big Bang Bar.vpt"
23:08:58.0: C:\PinballX\vpauto.exe 11:36:34.4: C:\PinballX\vpauto.exe
23:09:05.7: Hidden Visual Pinball Editor Window 11:36:43.5: Found PinMAME ROM: bbb109.nv
23:09:43.4: Exit System Control Pressed 11:36:43.5: Hiding PinMAME Window
23:09:50.2: Created DirectX BackGlass Window 11:36:43.5: Setting DMD position
23:09:50.3: Created DirectX DMD Window 11:36:44.0: Hidden Visual Pinball Editor Window
23:09:50.3: Main display running full screen windowed. 11:36:51.7: Created DirectX BackGlass Window
11:36:51.7: Main display running full screen windowed.
11:36:54.2: Exit System Control Pressed

I am not using B2s in the front end but turned it on as a test and on one load PBX matched the wrong back glass in the menu but the table started the correct one at load, BUT the old wrong one was not killed and persisted even after closing PBX to the desktop?.

May be worth then just checking if the have the correct Rom defined in your XML to match the one used in the table script just in case this is hanging PBX?, as VP would start whatever Rom it wants independent of PBX.

Also may be worth double checking your XML layout matches this one...

<game name="Big Bang Bar (Capcom) (1996) (Uw Jf G) (2.0) (FS)">		<description>Big Bang Bar (Capcom 1996)</description>		<rom>bbb109</rom>		<manufacturer>Capcom</manufacturer>		<year>1996</year>		<type>SS</type>		<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>		<hidebackglass>True</hidebackglass>		<enabled>True</enabled>		<rating>0</rating>	</game>

Again this is all just guesswork and maybe tom can step in explaining what PinballX is doing when those events are logged?.

Ok, thanks rockyrocket I will take a look when I get home for the correct rom (I will install the same table as you - "Big Bang Bar" to test).

But don't forget, I am having the same problem with EM tables also that don't even have roms.

I notice, with your XML that you have hidedmd = True and hidebackglass = True.

On my setup it makes no difference if I have these True or False. What about yours?

Steve G.

All monitor's are landscape.

Tested with Big Bang Bar and using the same rom (bbb109.nv) in Pinballx and VP and same issue - when launching through Pinballx the cursor ends up in the top right hand corner of the 3rd monitor (DMD).

Steve G.

Hmm well apart from looking sideways at the USB adaptor I am out of suggestions as to a native cause, think one of us needs to force the playfield into focus with AHK or something.

I can try this later in the week if no one else wants to beat me to it, anyone?.

Yes, I thought maybe it was the USB adaptor but I have just changed connections around and put the Blackglass monitor on the USB adaptor, but still the cursor ends up in the top right of the DMD monitor - I give up :-(

Steve G.

One other thought is to rename your exe from VPinball991.exe to just VPinball.exe, as it is possible that PBX is watching for the wrong process as I think it just produces VPinball.exe anyway.

I always rename my exe to VPinball.exe and thinking back that is probably the original reason.

Tom is bound to of already thought of this but anything is worth a try, just remember to make the change in the settings wizard also.

Would be handy to learn what pinballX is doing whilst making those log entries?.

• Like 1

On my cab the mouse always starts out in the third monitor after loading pinballX maybe that's normal but I have the same thing happening

that you (steveg64) do but in my case its only one game America's Most Haunted VP10... I have to click the desktop after it loads but

but last week it was fine.

I've downloaded the 2.04 of pinball X and the latest version 217 which I don't think is needed for America's Most Haunted..

I updated to see if that would fix it But no go..

Pinmame updated, but still the same.

I had never looked to see where the mouse was after loading Pinballx I had just been looking to see where it was after a table was launched - but like Outhere said, it is already on monitor 3 once Pinballx is started and maybe this is the problem?

Steve G.

On my cab the mouse always starts out in the third monitor after loading pinballX maybe that's normal but I have the same thing happening

that you (steveg64) do but in my case its only one game America's Most Haunted VP10... I have to click the desktop after it loads but

I've downloaded the 2.04 of pinball X and the latest version 217 which I don't think is needed for America's Most Haunted..

Can you please provide copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files after running that table? It may not be the same cause as Steve's issue, but no way Tom can be sure with just a post that it is happening to you. Thanks!

That could be, but we won't know until Outhere provides his files as he didn't note what OS he is running, just that he is encountering the same error, but only on one table, which may be similar but not directly related cause.

Windows 7

Americas most haunted VP9.91 works

PinballX.ini

log.txt

As rockyrocket has said, I had this problem with Windows 7 also that is why I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 to see if it would make a difference.

I don't think this has anything to do with pinmame, as the problem is the same on all tables and EM tables don't even use pinmame. Plus the focus has already gone to Monitor 3 has soon as Pinballx is started.

rockyrocket, I have only just seen that to have written AHK Script for me - thanks very much. I will give it a try and let you know, but it would still be nice to have the fix within/solution within Pinballx.

Steve G.