All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mapping controls to work with Steam games

bclinton

Hi folks....so I finally got around to using Steam support with my gameex bartop. I have a question.....the first game I wanted to use was Pinball Fx2. I am unable to map my 2 side buttons (mouse left right) as the flipper. It does not recognize it. Mame sees my buttons as joystick buttons 1..2..3..etc but pinballfx2 does not. What is the preferred method to convert my joystick buttons to be recognizable. I do not need them mapped for Mame. I noticed there is a run before and run after option - is there something that I can run before I launch the steam game and turn off after it closes that will map the joystick buttons to inputs that PinballX2 will recognize?

What kind of CP interface you are using (i.e., IPAC, etc.) for your control panel?

I am not sure as I got it off of Ebay. I know it shows up as a joystick. When I map in Mame the controls map as joystick button 1....etc....when I tried to map in PinballFX2 nothing would register when I tried to reassign them to the flippers and other controls.

Are you using the Steam version? Also, have you looked in the Pinball FX2 settings to see if you can program them from there? Here is a link I found that may address it however I can't tell for sure as I am posting from work (damned filters). You may need to find out what is interfacing with your CP in order to be certain.

Are you using the Steam version? Also, have you looked in the Pinball FX2 settings to see if you can program them from there? Here is a link I found that may address it however I can't tell for sure as I am posting from work (damned filters). You may need to find out what is interfacing with your CP in order to be certain.

Yes, the steam version. I am pretty sure joy2key will do what I want, I was just afraid it would interfere with my mame/gameex mappings. I will try that tonight.

Thanks!