All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] directb2s and backglass videos issue

whynotpizza

Hey guys,

I am also having a problem here very similar to what is described above although slightly different.

I am running the latest version of pinballx on Windows 7, visual pinball 9 is also running the latest version, and have approximately 20 tables defined in the system. For each table I have wheel, background, back glass image files, and I also have table videos and back glass videos for each table. All of the descriptions in the xml file match exactly the file names for each video or image files.

However, when navigating between tables in pinballx there are only 5 of these that show correctly the backglass video - The rest of them show static image for the backglass - no video backglass at all.

All of the tables work correctly using visual pinball directly, so I know they each work - ie the dynamic b2s is fine during game play, just not displaying the backglass in pinballx.

I should also point out, that some of my tables are running the b2S and others are running directb2s. But there seems to be no correlation here with my problem.

Any suggestions on how to get the back glass videos to work correctly would be appreciated ....

David

Hey there,

I'm a little but confused... are you using the directB2S backglasses in PinballX or do you use Videos and Images. Both options are possible.

1. If you are using the B2S backglasses: there are some backglasses which show no animation. Therefore it may seem that it's an image.

2. If this happens while using videos: which file formats are you're using? I think only MP4 and F4V files are usable.

3. in both cases: please provide your PinballX.ini, your Log-file and the XML you're using...

Kind regards,

Jannek

• Like 1

All fixed now!

Turns out I needed to change a setting in PinballX to fix this issue.

[backGlass]

UseB2S=False

This needed to be set to False (I had it set to True which prevented backglass videos from being displayed when using directb2s)

Thanks guys,

David