All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] vpforums down

whynotpizza

I still fail with same error on a different computer (still on my home network)

So for kicks, I logged into my work computer and tried it.

Works like a champ.

Did something happen where my home IP got blocked? I was only downloading a few items.

Not sure who to contact here.

Not sure what browser you are using, but I would also recommend deleting any temp internet files along with cookies, close the browser, reopen and try again.

Yeah. I have had to troubleshoot this kinda stuff for a long, long time. Cookies and temp files are the simplest, but when you start getting to routers and firewalls, it can be a little dicey. So all working OK now?

Looks like you will need to troubleshoot your firewall settings on the router. Not much else I can suggest at this point. You will need to login to your router using your admin settings. If you are leasing a router (i.e., Comcast or the like) and cannot accessx it you will need to contact your ISP to hep you troubleshoot. if it is affecting all machines connected to the same router/network, then that is likely the issue. Good luck!

Good idea, tried both (after each change, I performed a "ipconfig /flushdns", cleared browser caches and restarted IE) -- same result.

Next I took fiddler to watch packets going between my PC and vpforums. (see attached)

vpforums is answering with a 503 in all cases.

To me this seems to be an issue at their end? This thing is really weird.

Tried all three browsers and no-go. (IE, Firefox, Chrome) -- all same result.

Open for other ideas.

I think if I ask my ISP, they will look at me with 2 heads. The website answers as a 503 which is "service unvailable"

Something is happening at the server end based on my ISP or specific IP.

post-29456-0-87082400-1437857756_thumb.j

Success!

I decided to go into my router configuration at home and perform an "IP Address Renew" ... which seemed to keep the same outward facing IP, but reset something inside the unit. Now vpforums comes up just fine. Go figure! I would have thought a power cycle on the router would have done the trick.

Back to table configurations...

(thanks for the suggestions and moral support!)