All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Need help uninstalling Game Ex 14.31

joolian

I installed Game Ex 14.31 and decided I don't want it. But I can't uninstall it. I've tried using the UninstallDeleteGameEx file in the Game Ex folder, and also the uninstall function of Windows. In both cases, an icon appears in the taskbar at the bottom of my screen for about 1 second and disappears, and then nothing else happens. The icon looks like a box with a disc in front of it.

Help! How do I get rid of this program? Thanks.

I'm not sure what icon you're describing, but GameEx should uninstall without issue from the shortcut in the program group, or via the control panel "uninstall a program" , which of course are both the same.

Have you tried booting into safe mode, and uninstalling it from there?

You could manually uninstall it, and then use a utility such as ccleaner to clean up the rest, but I would eliminate all proper installation techniques before just brute force deleting folders.

I've determined that the icon is the one that accompanies the Game Ex uninstaller in the program folder. I've attached a screenshot of that part of the folder. The icon is next to the file called unins000.

Every time I try to uninstall Game Ex, that icon appears in my Windows 8.1 taskbar for half a second, then disappears, and nothing else happens.

I tried uninstalling through the Control Panel's uninstall feature, through CCleaner, and by running the UninstallDeleteGameEx program from the Game Ex folder. I also tried it after booting in safe mode. Same thing every time -- nothing.

I posted here in case there is something special about Game Ex that is preventing me from uninstalling it. I'm able to uninstall other programs just fine.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. I hate it when programs refuse to uninstall.

post-29419-0-29135800-1437352128_thumb.j

Thanks for the tip. I tried it and the newer one installed successfully (confirmed because it has today's date), but when I try to uninstall it, the same thing happens. This thing just won't go away no matter what I do.

Try manually deleting the GameEx directory and it's contents, install, then uninstall via Control Panel again. It should not behave as you are describing unless something else is interfering with the process or something has corrupted within your OS. Refer to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall