All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Kodi/XBMC setup

peter.gurris

Instead of starting a new post I thought I go back to this one

I know hansolo77 responded back to me with this

The first way is to create an "External Applications" entry in your setup wizard, pointing to the Kodi/XBMC program. If you're using a Custom Menu, you'll need to map it so it shows up. Another way to do it would be to create a new Emulator entry. Call it something like "PC Applications". Then make a shortcut to your programs you want listed here to a folder. Then configure the emulator entry to look for .lnk files inside that new folder you created. This is how I'm setup. I have a folder (on my games drive) called "PC Applications". Inside that folder I placed shortcuts to things like a comic book reader, Pandora, etc. Then I configured the emulator to look in that folder for the "roms" (.lnk). Then in my custom menu I have it going off the main menu... once it opens up, all my Applications are listed that I created shortcuts for.

however I'm a noob. could some provide me a link to documentation on how to set it up or provide me the step by steps to so.

It would be greatly appropriated

Thanks

It depends on which of Han's suggestions you intend to pursue. If it were me I would enable Kodi as an External Application since ... well ... it ain't an Emulator. :D

Currently the best documentation we have for this purpose is in the wiki.

External Applications (Setup Wizard)

For the purposes of Kodi I'm guessing you won't need to worry about most of the information seen on that screen. I'm guessing your info will look something like this:

Select External Apps: Blank (for now)
Enabled: Yes
Name: Kodi/XBMC (or however you want it to appear in GameEx)
Path: (Path to where you have Kodi installed)
CMD: (Probably kodi.exe or whatever the actual executable is called)

And that's all I would mess with to start. Later on you can figure out a logo to use, and have a play with other settings if necessary, but the steps above should hopefully be enough to get you started.

Good Luck Man!

• Like 1

It depends on which of Han's suggestions you intend to pursue. If it were me I would enable Kodi as an External Application since ... well ... it ain't an Emulator. :D

Currently the best documentation we have for this purpose is in the wiki.

External Applications (Setup Wizard)

For the purposes of Kodi I'm guessing you won't need to worry about most of the information seen on that screen. I'm guessing your info will look something like this:

Select External Apps: Blank (for now)

Enabled: Yes

Name: Kodi/XBMC (or however you want it to appear in GameEx)

Path: (Path to where you have Kodi installed)

CMD: (Probably kodi.exe or whatever the actual executable is called)

And that's all I would mess with to start. Later on you can figure out a logo to use, and have a play with other settings if necessary, but the steps above should hopefully be enough to get you started.

Good Luck Man!

+1 to this. Bottom line is you can launch GX from Kodi, and you can launch Kodi from GameEx. The real trick is to kill each process at the right point, which can be done quite easily, with the right commands :) With a bit of gusto you can make them both seamless in fact ;)