All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] How do you use the custom menu

peter.gurris

I created a custom menu but each time I started gameex... it never uses it... am I ding something wrong? how do I start gameex with my custom menu

Is it possible to create a custom item and start up start Kodi/XBMC with it? if so any ideas how to do it.

Please be aware of where you post your requests for GameEx assistance (this thread was moved from the Convert-It Support Forum). You will want to refer to this document for using Custom Menus. We have a forum index just to help you learn your way about the GameEx forums.

I created a custom menu but each time I started gameex... it never uses it... am I ding something wrong? how do I start gameex with my custom menu

Is it possible to create a custom item and start up start Kodi/XBMC with it? if so any ideas how to do it.

Sounds like if you have already made the Custom Menu, but it's not using it, probably RedDog's suggestion of verifying it is enabled will do the trick for you. As to the other part of your question... There is no direct way to do this, but there are a few ways to pull it off. The first way is to create an "External Applications" entry in your setup wizard, pointing to the Kodi/XBMC program. If you're using a Custom Menu, you'll need to map it so it shows up. Another way to do it would be to create a new Emulator entry. Call it something like "PC Applications". Then make a shortcut to your programs you want listed here to a folder. Then configure the emulator entry to look for .lnk files inside that new folder you created. This is how I'm setup. I have a folder (on my games drive) called "PC Applications". Inside that folder I placed shortcuts to things like a comic book reader, Pandora, etc. Then I configured the emulator to look in that folder for the "roms" (.lnk). Then in my custom menu I have it going off the main menu... once it opens up, all my Applications are listed that I created shortcuts for.

It really sounds to me like you just need to find that "enable" box and make sure it's checked. Its in the Custom Menu program.

• Like 1

No I haven't gotten setup yet. Good to know I can though that I can run Kodi ;)...

Remember I've been only playing with this for a day... so I might be missing something simple

This is how I setup my menu...very basic

334i1oi.png

and When I start Gameex.exe, I get this ... where is my menu?????\

r0ulp5.png

From what I can tell, GameEx is acting like Custom Menus are not enabled; but your snapshot clearly shows that they are. When I uncheck Enable Custom Menus on my setup, my GameEx looks pretty much like yours. When I enable it again, the custom menus work fine.

I've looked through the Setup Wizard Options and have tried several settings with the GameExMenuEditor.exe and have not been able to figure out why you are getting that...but perhaps one of the admins will know what it is.

In the meantime, it is probably a good idea to fix what is incorrect...so please make the following adjustments:

- You have two objects with the Title of Exit. I suggest changing the Title of the first to something like 'Home'

- The second Exit is configured as Item Type MAME. If it supposed to be an EXIT command, it should be changed to Item Type Exit

I do not think that having two Items labeled as Exit is part of the problem, but I think it is best to make sure the rest of the menu setup is correct.

Also, is SNES or MAME actually working through GameEX? I am not sure how GameEX handles custom menus if it determines that nothing is set up properly yet, but it may be related to what you are seeing.

• Like 1