All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

He's in Portugal or Spain or something. Got himself a girlfriend. Seems to be doing real nice by my opinion. Can't say I blame him. You guys would NEVER see me if I had a girlfriend, or an opportunity to go on vacation someplace like that. You better believe it! :) As for Dazzle, he didn't know I needed help until I sent him a PM. :) And as for me.. well I've been working a lot of hours of late. Decided I needed a major overhaul on my server PC and it needs parts bad. Gonna cost a pretty penny, so I asked if I could get some more hours at work (I typically get 20-25 hours, can't work a lot because of my mental illness/anxiety/stress). She's started scheduling me 32 hours a week (most I can get at 8 hours a day and still have my "off 3 days" availability). However, this week in particular has been rough because I'm actually ending up working 6 days. One of the girls they hired quit in the middle of her shift after only 4 hours, and the girl who supposed to cover for her (on my usual days off) has been calling off. The best part is that she called off yesterday too (my day off) and said Wednesday she probably would because she had a headache...then she came in last night after I left to tell her other friend in the department that she went to the zoo. UM... you call off work because you're dying of a headache, then go to the zoo instead of work the shift you were told to cover? Yeah, so I worked it, and also worked the "new girls" shift on Tuesday. So I've been working 8 hours, Monday through Friday, and then tomorrow too. Doesn't seem like a lot to some people, but I can't handle it, especially after only working 4-6 hours most on every other day for 5 years.

New BONUS game is on the way. (gonna let Dazzle handle it lol)

• Like 1

And the winner is...

In truth i've been left with a hard decision this month - i've not been acting as a Hi-Score Moderator for a while now, mainly coz i've been focused on my Forum Mod duties, but with Dennis on holiday, and Han being overwhelmed with work i have been asked to step in.

Because of this i find myself in a difficult position - announcing The Punisher winner.

I have made my decision, and i hope you'll agree.

Han posted his score well within the time. There seems to be some discrepancy as to when YJ posted his score.This may well have been our fault, in which case i apologize for that!

YJ is a great player though, and i have no doubt that in future he will win more awards!

This is the first time i've seen Han "give it some" and so feel it should be rewarded (he was number 1 for most of the month) :)

I realise this is not very professional, but i was asked to step in at a complicated moment and make a choice - i made it.

So i announce hansolo77 as the winner of GOTM JULY

• Like 2

Thanks for stepping in Dazzle. Just to note you have my blessing on this as well. A decision needed to be made and although it was tough I commend you for stepping up.

Congrats to you both YJ and Han! :)

• Like 2

Just for the record, I posted my score at 12:30am on Aug 1st, (my fault as I was looking at incorrect clock in my man cave) which was like 6 or 8 hours or something well within the Hawaii time-zone standard, countdown clock thing.

None the less, glad at least someone was named, with Dennis chasing tail and stuff, ha!
Yeah, the emotional victory goes to Han, it's all good man.

I'll be playing Gauntlet with a taste of blood in my mouth!!! ha ha.

Thanks to all mods for time spent and even making this scoring thing possible.

you are all greatly appreciated!

• Like 3

I too appreciate you taking over on this for me Dazz. It's much appreciated. Honestly, I think it's great I finally have a win under my belt, but it's a sour win. There always will be that little guy in the back of my head saying this probably should have went to YJ, but who's to say? If GC were here, he's probably just call it a tie and make some really cool TIE banner for us both to have/use and then setup some crazy tie-breaker game lol. But it's like you said, it's all for fun, not like we're playing for prizes lol. :ph34r:

ps; that ninja was just a joke, we're not planning on having real prizes or anything! LOL.. there are some official competitions out there though, so if interested, Google is your friend!

• Like 1

GC was the one who actually came to me asking if I would like to partner with him to make an OFFICIAL high score forum. We tossed around ideas years before he even joined the forum, but nothing was ever set into stone and the idea just kind of faded away. With Adultery coming on board to help with the backend, writing the awesome program we use to catalog the scores, we really got going on a lot of adrenaline. But I still feel the whole "project" belongs to GC as the president. Even though I was wanting to do something like this for a long time, HE was the one who really pushed and got the bulk of the system working. So in that respect, I really feel that any kind of decision making should fall on the authority of the Founder.

.....As for the countdown timer, when GC added the game, he probably just forgot to do that this time. Typically what we do is edit a pre-existing game's OP and copy/paste to a new thread, making the appropriate changes. He probably just did that to a game that didn't have the timer. We'll be sure to add a timer to the next GOTM. :) It doesn't really matter, since that time is usually like 5-6 hours after we all go to bed anyway, so there's no real way to check unless we're awake when that last score is submitted.

Thank you Han for your kind words ! I really appreciate it :) ...and you're right. I forgot to add the timer. My bad.

Miss you Dennis

You're a good friend Jesse !

And the winner is...

In truth i've been left with a hard decision this month - i've not been acting as a Hi-Score Moderator for a while now, mainly coz i've been focused on my Forum Mod duties, but with Dennis on holiday, and Han being overwhelmed with work i have been asked to step in.

Because of this i find myself in a difficult position - announcing The Punisher winner.

I have made my decision, and i hope you'll agree.

Han posted his score well within the time. There seems to be some discrepancy as to when YJ posted his score.This may well have been our fault, in which case i apologize for that!

YJ is a great player though, and i have no doubt that in future he will win more awards!

This is the first time i've seen Han "give it some" and so feel it should be rewarded (he was number 1 for most of the month) :)

I realise this is not very professional, but i was asked to step in at a complicated moment and make a choice - i made it.

So i announce hansolo77 as the winner of GOTM JULY

Thank you Darren for taking a decision. It was a good call !

Just for the record, I posted my score at 12:30am on Aug 1st, (my fault as I was looking at incorrect clock in my man cave) which was like 6 or 8 hours or something well within the Hawaii time-zone standard, countdown clock thing.

None the less, glad at least someone was named, with Dennis chasing tail and stuff, ha!

Yeah, the emotional victory goes to Han, it's all good man.

I'll be playing Gauntlet with a taste of blood in my mouth!!! ha ha.

Thanks to all mods for time spent and even making this scoring thing possible.

you are all greatly appreciated!

You're a good sport Jesse ! Guys like you motivate me to keep running this competition !!

I too appreciate you taking over on this for me Dazz. It's much appreciated. Honestly, I think it's great I finally have a win under my belt, but it's a sour win. There always will be that little guy in the back of my head saying this probably should have went to YJ, but who's to say? If GC were here, he's probably just call it a tie and make some really cool TIE banner for us both to have/use and then setup some crazy tie-breaker game lol. But it's like you said, it's all for fun, not like we're playing for prizes lol. :ph34r:

ps; that ninja was just a joke, we're not planning on having real prizes or anything! LOL.. there are some official competitions out there though, so if interested, Google is your friend!

Congratulations Han on your GOTM win ! Of course you'll be awarded with a signature banner :)

• Like 2

On 7/31/2015 at 11:36 PM, ExedExes said:

I tried once more. Got better results by playing as Nick Fury, and calming down a bit around the boss fights.

ExedExes - 1,952,600

I realize that this will not be enough to take the title this month, but it's always nice to have someone new take a game like this, rather than us old hands. Congrats modman.

0005.png

I just noticed, we completely skipped adding this score to the board.  When I just checked, we had your previous score listed (1,101,700 :link:).  Sorry buddy!  All good now.  lol

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...