All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Using vpinmame in table selection.

Dozer316

Hello there,

I would like to make use of the VPM feature in PinballX on a two monitor cabinet.

When I configure this in the settings and also the game manager by selecting a rom name etc. Pinball X launches the rom fine however it does not use the roms registry setting x.y coordiantes or size parameters but seems to stretch the vpinmame DMD right along the bottom of the screen and off the edge.

Playing with the DMD size option in the settings menu allows this to be corrected somewhat but it seems to be a bit hit and miss based on what rom gets loaded. The other thing I noticed is that if a rom is not configured for a particular game, the default PinballX DMD video is rendered in place of this which I assume is by design however if I choose to hide the dmd game settings for a particular table, this built in menu is still loaded.

I was wondering if it would be possible for the software to use the same registry settings vpinmame generally uses when rendering on a monitor in preference to a real DMD display and also if this default PinballX DMD video can be hidden by default even when a game does not have the rom configured in game manager but "Use DMD" is turned on in settings (For a 2 screen setup).

Thanks in advance, and also thanks a million for this software, it's an excellent front end I've almost got working perfectly :)

Dozer.