All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

attract mode & ledblink

pintris

Hi,

I have setup my config with ledblinky and a pacled64. my control panel buttons contain leds and with the help of ledblinky, the correct buttons which are used in the particular game that i choose light up.

This works fine when selecting a game manually.

However, when the gameex attract mode (screensaver) start running (I have set it up to run a random game) than sadly enough the buttons don't light up. As if ledblinky is disabled during attract mode. It would be great if this also worked in attract mode because now, when I do an "insert coin" to start playing a game during attract mode, no buttons are lit at all.

Is there a way to also enable ledblinky to light up the used buttons in attract mode? so that the buttons from the randomly selected game also light up?

Thanks

Seeing how LEDBlinky saw it's first community release in March of 2007, and that LED buttons have only somewhat recently transitioned from a luxury to more mainstream, It could be that you may have stumbled across something that has always been this way.

Since GameEx has already processed the ROM for attract mode, it would seem that ledblinky has missed it's opportunity to receive such information from the frontend.

I suppose Tom may be able to duplicate this to see if it is the case, but regardless, he wouldn't be able to provide support for third party software. This is not to rule out that there could be a relatively simple work around for it to function properly in GameEx, but only Tom would know that.

Granted I'm looking at this in the most layman of ways.

Is this a plugin? The call that passess through needs to be handled a little differently for attract mode, random, and favorites (for GameEx anyway) in my experience with the plugin system.

It's a relatively simple change.