All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

2.0 pinballx

randr

He's right I just gave it a go tonight and I get no DirectB2s backglass to show only my videos play for the backglass. Doesn't matter what table I scroll thru 300+ and not one plays the directb2s when selecting a table and I have it enabled in the setup wizard also so I checked that.

Unless I'm missing something here all I saw was Use DirectB2S in FrontEnd which I have enabled but scrolling thru the wheel all my tables that use DirectB2S don't display the DirectB2S backglass only the videos play. Is there something else I need to do?

When I launch my tables from PinballX the DirectB2S backglass will play but exiting back to PinballX just goes back to playing the videos of the backglass.

Using PinballX 2.01 Sorry Tom not working for me.

If I understand right just the DirectB2S file needs to be the same name as the table correct? Located in the tables folder?

Well for me most work only a few show nothing at all and they should work. Krakerman is both your table and b2s in tables folder? Mine are and does work for majority of tables(904) that I have installed

Both are in my tables folder and I tested all the tables that have directb2s and none show up in PinballX but work just fine when playing the table.

The only thing I can think of maybe is the database name for the table doesn't match the table/directb2s only my description does. Could that possibly be the reason Tom?

• Like 1

Yes, the .directb2s file has to be match the table file name. There is no way for me to see what the table actually uses in the script so that is how it works.

The names used may also differ from the table script and that is why settings may be different but you can change settings within PinballX by right clicking the backglass.

I feel confident everything is working as it should.

• Like 1

So now that I figured out why it wasn't working on my system .... confirmed by Tom (Thanks) :)

So when the backglass shows now I don't get the scores/dmd to show just the backglass displays. Is that how it's suppose to work or do I need to set something else up to show the scores and animations? Or is that not possible?

I have all table titles, b2s titles, game names and descriptions matching and yet only have 6 back glasses working out of 100+

All tables and b2s files are inside the table folder.

Most are just a blank screen, 3 or 4 play the corresponding backglass video.

Any ideas ?

Hummm ok I see now my problem with my setup is simple and if you can add few line of code to you b2s detection it will work flawlessly for me and probably many like me I use to have many version of table named differently that use Game Name:

F-14 Tomcat (Williams 1987) (JPSalas, Rosve, chinzman93)(2.1)(FS)(VP99)DayMod.vpt

F-14 Tomcat (Williams 1987) (JPSalas, Rosve, chinzman93)(2.1)(FS)(VP99)NightMod.vpt

F-14 Tomcat (Williams 1987) (VP92)(FS_MOD)(1.0).vpt

In some case when directb2s is the same for all table then I use "description" name for directb2s so it use the same file for all tables without the need to have useless clone file:

F-14 Tomcat (Williams 1987).directb2s

;----------------

<game name="F-14 Tomcat (Williams 1987) (JPSalas, Rosve, chinzman93)(2.1)(FS)(VP99)DayMod">
<description>F-14 Tomcat (Williams 1987)</description>
<manufacturer>Williams</manufacturer>
<year>1987</year>
<type>SS</type>
<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
<hidebackglass>True</hidebackglass>
<enabled>True</enabled>
<rating>0</rating>
</game>
<game name="F-14 Tomcat (Williams 1987) (JPSalas, Rosve, chinzman93)(2.1)(FS)(VP99)NightMod">
<description>F-14 Tomcat (Williams 1987)Night</description>
<year>1987</year>
<type>SS</type>
<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
<enabled>True</enabled>
<rating>0</rating>
</game>
<game name="F-14 Tomcat (Williams 1987) (VP92)(FS_MOD)(1.0)">
<description>F-14 Tomcat (Williams 1987)</description>
<year>1987</year>
<type>SS</type>
<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
<enabled>True</enabled>
<rating>0</rating>
</game>

;----------------

If you can add detection of "full table name" first and if not find add another detection for "description" name that will be perfect for me and probably many other that use to have same kind of setting ;)

Thanks for 2.02 in advance .... :)

Regards

Also a side note:

I have a 5 sec delay in the pinballx.bat file or Dmd animation won't work and every time I upgrade pinball x to a new version it over writes the .bat file and I need to re do the 5 sec timeout. :)

FYI it just delays the start of pinballx on windows startup by 5 sec.

I have all table titles, b2s titles, game names and descriptions matching and yet only have 6 back glasses working out of 100+

All tables and b2s files are inside the table folder.

Most are just a blank screen, 3 or 4 play the corresponding backglass video.

Any ideas ?

Seems others over on vpforums are having the same issue :(

funhousenight mod shows black backglass

funhouse works

funhouse physmod shows black backglass

all have matching named backglass

below is 2 from my xml for fun house but all three tables pull from same rom so.. not sure what issue is? is a "space" in description a issue for pbx?

<fh_l9>

<HideGrill>1</HideGrill>

<HideB2SDMD>0</HideB2SDMD>

<HideDMD>1</HideDMD>

<LampsSkipFrames>1</LampsSkipFrames>

<SolenoidsSkipFrames>3</SolenoidsSkipFrames>

<GIStringsSkipFrames>3</GIStringsSkipFrames>

<LEDsSkipFrames>0</LEDsSkipFrames>

<UsedLEDType>2</UsedLEDType>

<IsGlowBulbOn>0</IsGlowBulbOn>

<GlowIndex>-1</GlowIndex>

<StartAsEXE>1</StartAsEXE>

<Animations />

</fh_l9>

flash Gordon both show blank dx9 version and physmod

<flashgdn>

<HideGrill>2</HideGrill>

<HideB2SDMD>0</HideB2SDMD>

<HideDMD>1</HideDMD>

<LampsSkipFrames>1</LampsSkipFrames>

<SolenoidsSkipFrames>3</SolenoidsSkipFrames>

<GIStringsSkipFrames>3</GIStringsSkipFrames>

<LEDsSkipFrames>0</LEDsSkipFrames>

<UsedLEDType>2</UsedLEDType>

<IsGlowBulbOn>0</IsGlowBulbOn>

<GlowIndex>-1</GlowIndex>

<StartAsEXE>1</StartAsEXE>

<Animations />

</flashgdn>

Thanks. Could you please provide links to the downloads or advise where they were from. Either VPF or VPU? For example there are two flash gordons on vpf.

Or just post the actual files please? It will save me a lot of work.

What I see right now though is the settings look like rom names rather than table names. PinballX will use the table name for settings.

I think I've fixed it. Please try attached.

All good thanks Tom

EDIT

Tables that aren't working;

24 (blank screen)

Cyclone (video)

Diner (video)

Indianapolis 500 (video)

Party zone (video)

Red dwarf (video)

Terminator 2 (video)

Will post exact names shortly