All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] ePSXe fullscreen-widescreen issue

surfdesign

At this time, the issue is separate from GameEX. I have an unusual issue with ePSXe 1.9.25. The attached settings work fine on my main computer with a regular monitor via DVI cable. Everything is rendered fine with full screen video output.

When I added this to my other computer (Alienware Alpha) that is attached to a 1080P flatscreen TV via HDMI, the output is extremely blown out of proportion, only 1/4 of the screen is visible. I have tried just about every combination of resolutions mentioned on other posts, but nothing seems to work correctly. Is there a way to "reset" the settings to original and try over? It's weird that it works fine on one computer and not the other. Both are running Windows 8.1.

Thanks for any help,

Jeff

post-28637-0-95725200-1433687039_thumb.p

At this time, the issue is separate from GameEX. I have an unusual issue with ePSXe 1.9.25. The attached settings work fine on my main computer with a regular monitor via DVI cable. Everything is rendered fine with full screen video output.

When I added this to my other computer (Alienware Alpha) that is attached to a 1080P flatscreen TV via HDMI, the output is extremely blown out of proportion, only 1/4 of the screen is visible. I have tried just about every combination of resolutions mentioned on other posts, but nothing seems to work correctly. Is there a way to "reset" the settings to original and try over? It's weird that it works fine on one computer and not the other. Both are running Windows 8.1.

Thanks for any help,

Jeff

Unbelievably I've just had and fixed this very same problem. What I did to solve was to check the 'Disable display scaling on high DPI devices' setting on the compatability tab of ePsxe's Windows application settings. Try that and see if it works

• Like 1

Surfdesign, I also am using this program on my Alpha and believe it is the best htpc setup for the price on the market out the box. I have uninstalled the Alpha UI, installed Kodi and now perform the following:

• Boot directly into Kodi (using a personalized Aeon Nox skin)
  • Launch Steam from Kodi
  • Launch Gamex from Kodi
  • Alienware Command Center and GeForce Experience now lunch under "settings"

My issue with the ePsxe emulator is a bios issue which I wanted to know is that something you had or searched and then placed in the directory or did your ePsxe work right after installation?

Alondero,

That fixed the problem, works like a champ now! THANKS!

Bryanzee,

I didn't have any issues with ePSXe except for the resolution, and the fact that Norton thought it was a virus. Works fine on my alpha. I've updated everything to the latest (I think) April drivers. I have Kodi installed, but run it as a stand alone. I'm still configuring everything and don't want to boot straight into any program yet as they don't always play nice together. I got rid of that stupid UI and Command Center as well... I also just unzipped ePSXe, there was no "formal install" process.

Thanks again,

Jeff