All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Mame] IGBY 2

wolfman24

Internet Gaming Bash of the Year 2

The return of IGBY is coming in July. Players can sign up for the contest at http://www.tournament.vg/#/event/igby2/main and pick what team they wish to play for. Who will win this time? Will it be DKF again or one of the newcomer teams such as MARP or TG?

1. - Selected games will be played for the entire five week period July 1st to August 5th

2. - Minimum of 20 games. Each team will choose the same amount of games – send your game selections to Wolf no later than June 30th. Wolf will inform all sites of game selections upon receipt of selections. Should duplicate game selections be received, the team with the highest number of registered players will yield to the team with the smaller number of players. The smaller team will select another game. Wolf will advise of all details once final list of games have been posted. Once games are selected and posted by Wolf. Games will be played with default dip switches

3. - Auto fire is not allowed

4. - Adjudication – We understand different people have access to different equipment - both for broadcast/recording and gameplay (e.g arcade/MAME cabinets). With that in mind - and a desire to be as inclusive as possible since this is just for fun - the official policy will be "make your best effort to provide evidence." While video and/or INP is still the best form of evidence, we will also accept screenshots, photographs, and in-person verification as evidence for arcade cabinets and other situations (e.g. batteries fail, memory cards fill up) where a more complete form of evidence is not available or easily accessible. Every score is subject to challenge / review, regardless of what forms of evidence is supplied. Therefore, it is in every player's best interest to provide as much evidence as possible.

5. - Submissions: players should submit their scores via http://www.tournament.vg/#/event/igby2/main – as we want to maintain as live a scoreboard as possible, please submit early and often. Please do not hold on to score submissions.

6. - All games must be completed and submissions received no later than 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on August 5th. Any scores submitted after this time will not be valid. Again, submit early and often.

7. scoring will be Top 5 from each team per game will score points for their team.

8. Teams are required to have a minimum of 10 players. Any team that does not have 10 registered players by the beginning of the event will be required to be placed in a state of "partnership". This is essentially a merger of two teams. For example, if Team XYZ is partnered with DKF, then the two teams will become "DKF + XYZ", essentially working as one. It is the sole discretion of the event organizer (wolf) if and how partnerships will occur, but in the event they do occur, they will be engineered to ensure overall tournament-wide team balance.

games that can't be picked

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1On5-ecExtvP2mdQ4WvJlWqdtwrFuG4mUsefX9aAZrmE/edit?usp=sharing

I'm the only one in for team GameEx? I've got invitations to join team Retro Uprising. If we can't get 10 people I'm afraid I'll have to go over there. Please let me know what we are doing.

I'm the only one in for team GameEx? I've got invitations to join team Retro Uprising. If we can't get 10 people I'm afraid I'll have to go over there. Please let me know what we are doing.

I'd be honored to have you represent Team GX :) ...and thank you for considering to join Team GX first :)

I've also added a [NEWS] thread to our main comp to attract attention for IGBY2 and I've sent a PM to several hi-score members !

Update Team GameEx:

Definitely yes:

ExedExes

GC

Darren

Smario

Yung-Jedi

Definitely maybe:

MNMax21

Maybe:

GeorgeT

Murve33

Please sign up guys and help defend GX's honor....and more important: join the fun ! B)

Update Team GameEx:

ExedExes

GC

Darren

Smario

Yung-Jedi

MNMax21

Not 100% sure:

GeorgeT

Murve33

Please sign up guys and help defend GX's honor....and more important: join the fun ! B)

ok, i'm dumb..can't figure out how to register

[EDIT] I signed up with the wrong nick and now I can't figure out how to change it. That site is so hard to use it makes me not even want to participate, sorry guys

• Like 1

[EDIT] I signed up with the wrong nick and now I can't figure out how to change it. That site is so hard to use it makes me not even want to participate, sorry guys

Hello George, it looks like you've solved it ;) Welcome to Team GameEx :)

Does anybody know who OEP is btw ? (link)

I registered!

I had to use IE because FF did nothing when i clicked "Create Account".

So i created my account in IE... then, IE can't see anything - it's all symbols and numbers - every page!

So i go back to FF, look at the Team page to see if i registered - i have! WOOP

I try to sign in on FF - nope, login button does nothing.

I go back to IE and try to logout - i can't, it's all symbols and numbers! I try to guess on the screen where logout might be. No dice.

Quit both browsers wondering why, seeing as both FF and IE are in the top 3, that i had to go through that :wacko:

This ain't helping things guys.

I feel your pain man - try what i did above coz we want you on our team George if you can :)

Hello George, it looks like you've solved it ;) Welcome to Team GameEx :)

Sorry, didn't see that :P Still, it shouldn't be that hard to signup.

I registered!

I had to use IE because FF did nothing when i clicked "Create Account".

So i created my account in IE... then, IE can't see anything - it's all symbols and numbers - every page!

So i go back to FF, look at the Team page to see if i registered - i have! WOOP

I try to sign in on FF - nope, login button does nothing.

I go back to IE and try to logout - i can't, it's all symbols and numbers! I try to guess on the screen where logout might be. No dice.

Quit both browsers wondering why, seeing as both FF and IE are in the top 3, that i had to go through that :wacko:

This ain't helping things guys.

I'm sorry to hear registering an account seems to be quite the pain-in-the-ass. I guess I was lucky ;) ...anyhoo: welcome to Team GameEx Darren :)

>>> @ Wolf: could you or one of your co-organizers perhaps have a look at this ?

I still like to know who Team GameEx member OEP is ? Any of you guys have an idea ? (link)

Just FYI, you can log in on Chrome, at least on my mobile, but I don't see any way to register.

None of the formatting/css works right either. Links overlap each other and the js seems a little buggy.

But I would give full on Chrome a try, I'll bet it's gonna work for those of you having issues.

• Like 1

Yeah that website almost makes me not want to play, imagine trying to submit scores...maybe IE will work, no FF, nope, how about Chrome? I think Safari might get it

PS: OEP is my bunged account, sorry

[EDIT] nevermind, i figured it out

King George part of Team GX...wahoo !! :P I remember your amazing Bank Panic score from last year's edition :)

p.s.: I've asked Wolf to delete your "OEP" account - if possible ;)

• Like 1

Update Team GameEx:

ExedExes

GC

DazzleHP

Smario

Yung-Jedi

MNMax21

Buzzin69

GeorgeT

Murve33

Cynicaster

@Wolf - yeah it's problematic man, maybe coz the site was designed with Chrome in mind?

@Adultery - Never! Google can Suck My Kiss :P

@Community - We really want you to participate! You don't need to be a prior participant, you don't even need to have entered any comps before, either here or anywhere! All you need is a working MAME and some fight in ya! ;)

You might be good at fighters, shoot 'em ups, sports, puzzlers, platformers.... anything! It really doesn't matter in this comp as long as you are willing to try! There is also a generous time frame to get practicing - no pressure at all!

Represent us, sign up, be a part of something :)

• Like 4