All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PEDESTAL] My Third Build COMPLETE: Mame Invaders Pedestal.

aldub516

Hey guys, and for the third time today, thanks for looking. This is my 3rd ever build. And i am beyond blown away by my own skills.. Sounds cocky, but if you knew how novice, and how much research, trial error, luck and learning i did to achieve this one. EVERYTHING was new to me, and it took about a year to build. The led lights, the lexan cutting and bending, the pc mounting, EVERY SINGLE THING was a daunting and new challenge to me, and anyone that has seen it has been blown away. It was built for my friends mancave, and id like to go get much better pictures, and video as well as footage of the system running, the front end, etc. I took the time to program different LED animations for menus, different emulators, to light up game used buttons, or menu useable buttons. I custom re did the front end theme.. Every single damn thing about this is as customized as can possibly be. Not much else to say except answering any questions. Compared to my first two builds, this is like a goodyear space ship tire compared to the first stone wheel. The pc was mounted so gosh darn cleanly. Also a few features. I made it so you can reach into the coin door under the cp, remove 4 bolts easily and the whole CP pops off. I built the WHOLE system inside the CP so this arcade is 100% transportable and can simply be carried and set on top of a bar or table!. I also made the tower of the body, and the base removable for full access in small rooms or hallways. Again i wish i had more video of the whole thing powering up and rocking out, but ill get to that. I hope some of you can share this enjoyment. The creative ideas such as art was suggested by my friend who it was for.. I personally dont like the cp art with the marquees, but its simply what he wanted. He found one "mame invaders" image on google, so i took that idea and just went to town on the custom artwork. Look at the other 2 machines i posted then look at this. Im in awe and love it. Thanks for looking, BUT THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ENDLESS HELP IN MAKING THAT HAPPEN!

IMG_5805.jpg

IMG_5812.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

IMG_5834.jpg

IMG_7497.jpg

IMG_7572.jpg

IMG_7599.jpg

IMG_7630.jpg

IMG_7649.jpg

• Like 3

Looks awesome dude!

Love the checker plate, gives it that "industrial strength" look.

I know it's not your fav, but the CP art seems fitting of the rest, and the side art looks fantastic IMO. I'm sure this must have went a long way towards saving energy prepping the surface for a smooth finish of paint.

Big thumbs up! :cheers::gx:

Yea man, I got super geeked after cutting the lexan and laying that artwork out. Best part is you achieve maximum effect with minimal labor. No sanding, no priming. Those aluminum edges cover every mistake u can make. It really hides everything and saves a lot of painstaking effort. Draco and thurmann thank you both for always being the most out spoken towards me with both help and compliments /support. It's all in the name of the mame...... << just came up with that.. Currently copywriting

If you have a parts list for your projects (CP controls, PC, OS, GPU, etc.) and any uploadable plans, would you mind updating all three posts with the info? Kinda helps others to have a "shopping list" to be considered if they decide to attempt to replicate your setup.

• 1 year later...
  • Draco1962 changed the title to [PEDESTAL] My Third Build COMPLETE: Mame Invaders Pedestal.