All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Tutankham
Tutankham Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 ExedExes 57,760 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
2 Mame Offender 45.500 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
3 wolfman24 37,900 wolfman24's Hi-Score Entry
4 Cynicaster 32,120
5 Fallout_002 30,300 Fallout_002's Hi-Score Entry
6 Floyd Turbo 21,180
7 Luigimaker 20,920 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
8 GimmeClassics 12,460 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
9 millerbrad 4,000
Last Updated by hansolo77: 07-24-2020

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Tutankham:

ROMSet: Tutankhm
Lives: 3
Cabinet: Upright
Bonus Life: 30000
Difficulty: Hardest
Flash Bomb: 1 Per Life

Special Rules: None

NOTE:
* Please make sure to change the Difficulty setting to "HARDEST". The green coloured default values match the Twin Galaxies settings.

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide: :link:
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide: :link:
# general rules for submitting you hi-score: :link:

• Like 1

I'm going to play this game this month. I do remember liking it but I don't think I was very good and never got very far. I think its kind of a hard game. This game appeals to me over City Connection. :)

Hey cool - I just got my signature working.

• Like 3

Hardest? This game's plenty hard! It's bad enough you can't shoot up and down. But I adore the version on the 2600. I've double looped it before, that's not easy (only 4 levels per loop, don't know how many here)

Here's a score on HARDEST.

ExedExes - 57,760

post-25936-0-44616600-1433560825_thumb.p

• Like 1

We don't make the rules, we just live by them! That was how TwinGalaxies has their competition set up, to use HARDEST.

DID NOT UPDATE OP, DB, RSS

It seems the game is missing from the DB? I'll need GC to re-supply the banner for me to re-create it.

Hardest? This game's plenty hard! It's bad enough you can't shoot up and down. But I adore the version on the 2600. I've double looped it before, that's not easy (only 4 levels per loop, don't know how many here)

Here's a score on HARDEST.

ExedExes - 57,760

I agree it's a tough game !! I have a hard time to get my name on the in-game high score table !

However, we follow Twin Galaxies' settings which requires us to use the hardest difficulty setting. With your skills I'm sure you'll be able to join the six players at TG who have been able to beat 100K ;)

DID NOT UPDATE OP, DB, RSS

It seems the game is missing from the DB? I'll need GC to re-supply the banner for me to re-create it.

I thought the game was already added to our DB-manager ? But no problem at all, I've re-added the game :) . I provided the game's banner at our "Bonus game June PM".

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

I agree it's a tough game !! I have a hard time to get my name on the in-game high score table !

Phew...finally !

Here's my not so good submission ;)

initials: DEN

post-10451-0-94831500-1433702790_thumb.j

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Tutankham is a challenge even at its default level of difficulty, although at first glance it appears the biggest difference the difficulty setting affects is the number of available flash bombs.

Beating 30K is pretty damn ok !

I need more flash bombs !! :wacko::blink::D

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 1 month later...

I did try playing this one but I really struggled moving up and down at the right times getting in the up and down tunnels. It kind of felt like playing PacMan which is a 4-way joystick game with my 8-way joystick where control is just not precise at all.

I think this game is an 8-way so maybe I just need to get better or maybe my joystick is wearing out. My stock Xarcade tankstick is 5 years old or so. Do joysticks wear out? I need to do some testing to figure it out.

Edited by garetmax
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I did try playing this one but I really struggled moving up and down at the right times getting in the up and down tunnels. It kind of felt like playing PacMan which is a 4-way joystick game with my 8-way joystick where control is just not precise at all.

I think this game is an 8-way so maybe I just need to get better or maybe my joystick is wearing out. My stock Xarcade tankstick is 5 years old or so. Do joysticks wear out? I need to do some testing to figure it out.

Oh yeah, they wear out! I am on my third set of joysticks now.

May I recommend the HAPP competition joysticks as a nifty replacement to the stock sticks that come with the machine. I use them and am very impressed with their results.

• 4 weeks later...

Whoa, I was going to proudly submit a 42 k run, but realised just in time that we require the difficulty to be set at 'hardest'. I share Exes sediments, this game is plenty hard on the default settings. The controls are already somewhat wonky as it is. I think the proper way to map the controls would be to have the left joystick control the characters movement and have the right joystick do the left and right shooting, then use up or down or even a button to use flash bombs.

Anyway, it looks like I will have to revisit this very difficult and unique maze shooter game. I don't know how much I will be able to play this one, though. It is awfully frustrating!

Wow!

I was going to proudly submit a 42 k run, but realised just in time that we require the difficulty to be set at 'hardest'.

So you switched to Hardest then beat your previous score?! That demands:

were-not-worthy.gif

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

Lol. Is that for Ex or me? Hehehe

Does it matter really - coz you know we all chasing you three (including YJ)! :P You three between you destroy us no doubt, but it only makes us want to beat you more ;) I predict that in time, some of us here will scare you guys - but only in the end to push you guys even further! :D

I love seeing what you guys are capable of and want MORE! ^_^

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

21,180 I'm not sure why there isn't more scores on the Leaderboard?  This game is super fun even on the Hardest setting.  Thank god I spent the money and got a decent 4 way joystick.  Not the highest score, but I will be visiting this again.  I like the fact that our hero has a laser while hunting for treasure.  

Tut.jpg

Saw this game come up and realized I hadn't played it.  I had heard it was crushingly difficult, and it did not disappoint.  It makes me wonder how a game like this would have made any money in an 80s arcade.  The gameplay is fun in concept, but constantly getting killed by super bats that fly 10x faster than you can move is very deflating.  It's hard to picture myself continually paying for such punishment. 

y4mRSMtpvsdw2ro5EmOf_5fKt1SnISM00585rx92