All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] ControllerRemapGUI

stigzler

logosmall.png

Don't know if any of you use Controller Remap. This is add-on GUI to hopefully cut out the need to delve into xml files. Should make the whole process a little easier.

Basically, it solves the issue of when you swap USB devices and Mame looses the controls due to random enumeration.

Screens:

post-14176-0-07320300-1432768020_thumb.ppost-14176-0-33544400-1432768015_thumb.ppost-14176-0-41308600-1432768024_thumb.ppost-14176-0-02216800-1432768029_thumb.p

Video:

Hope it helps someone.

• Like 3

New Release - 0.6.0.0

Added functions around per-game settings.
Updated documentation on per-game settings.
Overhauled Mame CFG files tab - more useable.
Added ability to view and edit .cfg files.
cfg\.cfg files with no controls now display in app - shows other info such as dipswitches etc.

Additions mainly around per-game settings. Documentation here:

https://controllerremapgui.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Setting%20up%20Per-Game%20Settings&referringTitle=Documentation

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Could something like this be used in emulators to allow you to plug in a second, say n64 controller, if a buddy descides to join in after the emu has already been loaded? Usually I need to exit out of the game, plug all controllers in, then restart the emulator, otherwise it doesn't recognize the controllers.

Blimey. You don't ask for much do you!?.... :D

Short answer is "No."

It's for Mame and you have to go to the effort of plugging the controllers you need in before you spark up the game. That's down to the way ControllerRemap functions.

Not sure it can be done tbh - it would depend so much on the design of each emulator.

EDIT: I think your best bet, Felix would be to contact all the different developers of all the different emulators and ask them to incorporate this feature.

New Release - 0.6.5.0

Added AutoClear settings option:
- clears mame.cfg files on running CRGUI via command line.
- option to backup the files before deletion
- used as blunt measure to ensure mame.cfgs don't supersede controls in ctrlr.cfg
- if you're looking to maintain none control .cfg data - clear controls by hand.

Usual place: https://controllerremapgui.codeplex.com/releases/view/616187
Explanation of concepts behind this:
https://controllerremapgui.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Setting%20up%20Per-Game%20Settings&referringTitle=Documentation

• Like 1