All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Battle Damage - Unofficial Star Wars Hype Thread

tthurman

Have a look for yourself.

Some of these are "no way' to me. IMO, it will take a delicate balance of a manly dude (no super boyish faces), with that confident cocky attitude. Chris Pratt pops up a lot as well, but could be to typecast by his portrayal of Star-Lord, which I feel would be the largest challenge that would face someone like Chris Pine, although he has the confident cocky attitude down to a science. Regardless, Disney has apparently been on an exhaustive search for potential actors to fill the role.

Chris Pratt is ok with me, I don't see him as being only Star-lord. He could do Han for me unlike Chris Pine. Pine is Kirk now. You can't have Kirk be Han, so that ship has sailed IMO. Taron, Ryan, and Joe are definite No's, Garret, Ansel, Brenton, and Miles don't have the look. Liam and San maybe, I'll have to see hem more to know.

That Anthony Ingruber.guy does have the look and is not that recognizable. He could fill the role and become the new Han without the resistance from previous roles like Chris Pratt or Pine. Like I said earlier though, I need to see him audition for the role (the impression is starting to look better I must admit, But I want to see how he interprets Han Solo when there is no example to draw from).

Some pretty interesting thoughts in that article! To be honest, I do have a kind-of-sort-of soft spot in my heart for the prequels. There's definitely some good to be had, it's just that the cringe-worthy moments are so cringe-worthy at this point that they get a bad rap.

My main concern at this point is that Disney is setting up the entire world for an acute case of Star Wars fatigue. Can you imagine a world in which the release of a new Star Wars movie isn't a guaranteed recipe for an immediate blockbuster? It's an entirely possible scenario at this point. OTOH, Disney are the unequivocal masters of marketing, so if anyone can successfully pull off the planned release cycle it's the Big-D.

Coming this Christmas: Star Wars Adventures - Rogue One

Coming Next Christmas: Star Wars Episode 8

Coming in 3 years: Star Wars Adventures - Han Solo Trilogy Episode 1

Coming in 4 years: Star Wars Episode 9

Coming in 5 years: Star Wars Adventures - Han Solo Trilogy Episode 2

Coming in 6 years: Star Wars Episode 10

Coming in 7 years: Star Wars Adventures - Han Solo Trilogy Episode 3

These are definite. There is no turning. Disney has already officially announced these, in that order.

John Carter anyone?

I can see them burning out the audience with the rapid release schedule. Don't take me wrong, I look forward to these titles, but at some point they will make it so commonplace that it may as well be on TV, and people will start holding out for the bluray.

Coming this Christmas: Star Wars Adventures - Rogue One

Coming Next Christmas: Star Wars Episode 8

Coming in 3 years: Star Wars Adventures - Han Solo Trilogy Episode 1

Coming in 4 years: Star Wars Episode 9

Coming in 5 years: Star Wars Adventures - Han Solo Trilogy Episode 2

Coming in 6 years: Star Wars Episode 10

Coming in 7 years: Star Wars Adventures - Han Solo Trilogy Episode 3...

Coming in 8 years: Star Wars - Television Series

Coming in 9 years: Star Wars Adventures - Jar Jar Binks Tragedy Episode 1

Coming in 10 years: Star Wars Chapter 11

Ok, first of all.. I didn't know it was originally slated for a May release. I figured all the upcoming Star Wars movies were going to come out Christmas time.

Secondly.. wow, "Highest Grossing Film in the US of ALL TIME?" I mean

it wasn't even that good, just a JJ Abrams knock off of Episode 4

really?

Thridly - um.. Ready Player One?! How have I not heard of this till just now? This book, recommended by our very own Draco, is still on my TO READ list, and now it's going to be a movie? Damn this Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series, it's taking too long.

Matt straight-up Suuuuuucks!

Man, I dunno I thought Force Awakens was great. It's probably sitting in my #3 spot as far as movies in the franchise go. I mean even Episode 4 wasn't exactly breaking exciting new ground in terms of narrative structure or anything.

• Like 3