All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Battle Damage - Unofficial Star Wars Hype Thread

tthurman

I'd be more excited to visit the new star wars sections of Disneyland/world than seeing this movie.

Who is the the last Skywalker? Unless they reveal Luke is Rey's father (and that would be character assassination...Luke, you a-hole, How can you abandon your own daughter?)...then Leia is the only Skywalker left, right? It's not like they can spring another one out of the woodwork on us! Although, lets be real. Are we supposed to believe that Luke remained celibate all these years and never had kids? The galaxy could be teeming with Skywalkers for all we know. It's too late to introduce a new character now though. In empire, Yoda referred to Leia as the other Skywalker. If she's really dead, and they don't try to CGI her in or something, maybe they're loosely referring to Kylo as the last Skywalker, since he disowned the Solo name when he killed Han? Maybe he has a change of heart and hooks up with Rey. They rule the galaxy together - a Disney fairy tale ending. But then he would have redeemed his name and become a solo again. And let's get real again, no-one will forgive him for killing Han Solo! So that's the worst case scenario! So maybe Rey goes evil and joins Kylo and the rule the galaxy together. Same end result, more believable. She does have a bit of an anger problem, like him. They both have daddy issues...what am I saying? Kylo has to die! NO FORGIVENESS YOU PATRICIDAL MANIAC!

Here's what will really happen:

PREDICTION: Rey tries to bring Kylo back from the dark side, he dies in the battle despite her efforts to save him. Rey is Luke's daughter. Disney follows the plot line of Return of the Jedi to the T, we're all annoyed, but expected nothing less!

Who said anything about last Skywalker, it's The Rise of Skywalker, dude :lol:

My predictions are:

Rey is just another Padawan, not Luke's daughter, but instead represents a rebirth of sorts for the Jedi.  She leads into the ensuing trilogy even though Daisy (according to her) won't be playing the character.

Rey and Kylo will almost certainly have another confrontation, but this time grandfather will become involved, and that's what brings him to the light side. 

Kylo and Rey (and maybe grandfather too) take out Palpatine again in some fashion reminiscent of ROTJ.

I say this because I'm guessing they tie in how Palpatine told Anakin about a Sith Lord that had obtained force powers that defied death, which was actually himself he was talking about.

Force ghosts galore including, Hayden Christensen...

NO HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN!!!  Not only did he almost kill off Star Wars for me, he's not an actor anymore.  They couldn't bring him back if they wanted to.  I guess they could have done something with Darth Vader, as James Earl Jones is still very much alive and keen to do voice work for the series still.  But he's redeemed, that's why Lucas made another edit to Return of the Jedi to include Hayden in ghost form.  You can't have a ghost Vader.

Like I said though, fan theory's are always better than what will happen.  We already know the guy who botched the Last Jedi has been given the go ahead on the next trilogy.  There will have to be some tie-in for that in this last movie.  We also know where the last movie ended...  The last of the Resistance consists of C3PO/R2D2/BB8, Poe Dameron, Leia, Chewie, Finn, Rey, and that asian chick.  I don't even remember if any of Black Squadron survived, I'll have to (dreadingly) rewatch.  As for the First Order, Snoke is dead, and I believe General Hux died too.  All that's left is Kylo.  I agree with the rehash of ROTJ though..  JJ Abrams is back at the helm, and that's all he knows how to do.  Remember that Star Trek Movie with Khan?  Same thing, just switched around. 

What they need to do is bring Grand Admiral Thrawn out of wherever he's hiding.  Maybe they can do that with the next trilogy. 

Anakin/Vader (same thing to me)

Much like Arnold, Hayden will BE BACK!

To save his grandson from the dark side, but I don't see him coming back as Vader.  I wouldn't however rule out some force projection BS of Vader though, ala TLJ.

The original trilogy stands the test of time with the second not being nearly as bad as I originally thought.  The third has really been nothing but a complete disaster with really nice special effects and abysmal writing, or more like downright plagiarism.

On 8/22/2019 at 8:31 AM, tthurman said:

Who said anything about last Skywalker, it's The Rise of Skywalker, dude :lol:

Lol...I can't even remember the name. Shows how much I'm anticipating the release, huh?

Okay, then. Rey is Luke's daughter. She defeats Kylo, returns democracy to the senate, and they dissolves the Empire. Then Rey rebuilds the Jedi order. The following trilogy will take place later, with one of her Padawans, and we repeat the Jar-Jar debacle all over again. Or perhaps it will be a remake of the prequel trilogy to try and replace those films from the cannon?

These are fun a listen (each is a good length for a shift at work, doing yard work, or a long drive):

We need more radio dramas of movies and other stories. I think it's great that Mark Hamill did these. I imagine it was good practice, but I don't know if these were produced before or after the theatrical performances. Either way, one was good practice for the next. They also provide interesting backstory that may or may not challenge "official" cannon.

There's never balance. Only chaos and disorder. Rey destroys the baddies, builds a new Jedi order, Bernie Sanders establishes a new senate and declares himself Supreme Chancellor, and before a clone army of Jar-Jars is activated by his issuing of Order 666, an asteroid obliterates his throne, the Jedi temple, and Disney headquarters - THE END.

• Haha 2

Darth Vader returns as his old self and battles Palpatine at the end to save Kylo from the dark side.  It is force immortality.

Also Luke wasn't mysteriously disintegrated by use of the force projection at the end of TLJ and is in almost the entire movie.  Instead it was a trick designed to bring Palpatine back, who also happens to bring Snoke with him.

You heard it here first!

You can thank me later for saving  you fifteen bucks and two hours you'd otherwise loose.

5 Reasons to Be Worried for Chewbacca in 'Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker'

'Star Wars 9' Leaks Reveal Palpatine's Evil Plan to Resurrect Himself

Reylo fans will be happy about this one.

• 8 months later...

Well done, but it brings alot of that prequel CGI and production martial arts. It breaks the old-world mystical illusion. Not sure which way I lean, but I think I like the way it was better. Still fun to see this thrown in. I'd like it in an "extended cut" HD remaster, selected from the special features in a blu-ray release or something. This, combined with that fan project trying to make an accurate HD upscale, would be worth buying.

This is a fine example of how clueless not only Lucas was with his mind-numbing  idiotic "edits" that added nothing entertaining (while outraging the fan base), but what a tremendous lack of vision Disney had with the story line once they had the keys to the kingdom, pun intended.

Take Rogue One out of the equation and what Disney has delivered is a steaming pile of shit that's far worse than what Lucas put out there for the prequel trilogy.  If anything, this re-imagining proves that at least Lucas was more spot on with it, but they are his stories at the root though!

I didn't even bother with the last movie after that POS Last Jedi.  Didn't have to, Abrams just regurgitates the past...... "The Force Awakens" anyone!  Or should I say Khannnnnnnnnn :angry: 

Ridiculous, get someone with more imagination if that's the best you can muster up! 

Talk about a safety net.

I can't agree with everything said. Han Solo was actually very enjoyable IMO, but poorly promoted. The Mandalorian series on Disney+ has been a treat 

and even introducing the Black Light Saber

and next season is bringing back Boba Fett!

Disney just doesn't know what to do.  The Executives are realizing what a mistake they made hiring Kathleen Kennedy as the "key master" to everything Star Wars.  She (KK) isn't in it for the movies or the story, let alone the fans.  She has a feminist agenda that just reeks.  Granted, Star Wars needed more female characters, I get it.  But it didn't need to have mostly all the new characters be female.  Rey, Rose (and her sister), Admiral Holden, that freaky lady with the beak nose who made out with that other chick..  That's not necessary and quite sickening.  I'm not against strong female characters, and leads to boot.  What I have issues against is the blatant disregard for character development and then turn around and have said character be gay and kiss another just for the sake to prove a point.  KK has nearly destroyed Star Wars for me, unfortunately.  Galaxy's Edge is another point of proof that this woman should NOT be in charge.  Galaxy's Edge was originally supposed to be a space port akin to Mos Eisley, complete with a legit cantina.  BUT, KK took issue to it, saying these movies took place 40 years ago and the only people who would visit would be old geeky fanboys.  No, she want's it contemporary, so TODAY'S generation would enjoy it.  WTF...  this place never existed in anything before she came along.  At least a "Mos Eisley" mock up would have been familiar.  As for the last movie (Rise of Skywalker), apparently there's like 3 hours of cut tape that KK tried to sweep under the rug.  She refused to allow it be added as "deleted scenes" in the home release too.  In another couple of years though (already been officially announced) a Director's Cut will be released on Disney+ that includes a lot of this missing film.  Daisy Ridley is PISSED about it too, because she spent months training for a huge 20-minute epic fight scene between her and Palpatine with Ben Solo (not Kylo) similar to the Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul fight and the whole thing was cut because KK didn't like the feel of it.  Instead, a scene was added where they bring each other back to life (another KK created skill that never existed before) and then kiss for no reason.  And then let's bring up Mandalorian.  I have no desire to buy a subscription to Disney+ just to watch it.  I have all the Marvel movies on BluRay, so there's nothing else D+ offers me.  If Mandalorian comes out on BluRay, yeah I might buy it.  But apparently there's a lot of controversy with it too.  For instance, this "baby Yoda" (whatever it is), KK is trying to say was HER idea, and they never gave her credit for it.  Plus, it was supposed to be female (of course).  And now there's a rumor going around that in the next season Boba Fett will actually be a female, and that the character is just wearing his armor.  Apparently she's also in the process of building a new series, which will be female-centric, with female directors.  She's been quoted saying Star Wars is done after the Skywalkers, and that it's time to move on to something new and fresh.  Now Disney has brought back George Lucas to help John Favreu and Dave Filoni to continue the Star Wars Story, and KK has been restricted from having any kind of input.  Disney Execs, and the Fans, all want KK fired.  But Disney says their hands are tied because this is a woman with money and power, and if they fire her it will be nothing but bad press about how Disney is being sexually discriminant.  Well.. if the shoe fits (something they should be familiar with).  This is the 21st century.  Sexist, feminist bigotry does not belong in the world, let alone DISNEY.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 9:09 AM, Draco1962 said:

Ouch, that's something I would have preferred be in spoiler quotes. I haven't subbed to D+ yet, so I was under the impression it was really baby Yoda I was seeing on the news. But that little spoiler defiantly messes that timeline up. So I take it, that was just a baby [insert Yoda's species here]. I don't really want the answer.

Is D+ worth sinning up for? Besides the Mandalorian ,will I find anything else I have to watch and can't get elsewhere?

I get it free for the first year as a Verizon mobile sub. We'll see when the sub is up if we'll continue. 

If you don't own or haven't seen EVERY Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, or any other IP that Disney's tentacles have embraced, then Disney+ is probably a good value for families and enthusiasts at $6.99 p/m or $69.99 p/y (two months free!). They also have a $12.99 p/m bundle of Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu.

As for the Fett spoiler, I think that was a parody.