All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Battle Damage - Unofficial Star Wars Hype Thread

tthurman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll never forget when I was honored to be in the presence of the great John Williams.  In school, you have 2 concerts your band/orchestra practices for each year.  The Christmas concert and then a Spring concert.  In 8th grade for our Spring concert, our band was learning how to play a Jurassic Park suite, which had like 4 of the major themes all in one.  The movie had just come out that year, so it was cool to play it.  Because I was really good, me and a buddy of mine got selected to participate in an "all-city" orchestra, which was a collection of the best players in all the schools around the city (something like 250 students total).  We formed a huge orchestra and were learning to play the same suite, BUT it was much more complicated because it was actually the same sheet music the pros had used in the recording for the final end credits of the movie.  That alone was awesome because you always get sheet music that has been extremely "blanded" out and re-arranged for kids.  The night of our concert was going as planned.  Since it was all city, we had to wait for other bands to finish first.  We were 3rd of 4 total, and we were housed inside a huge college basketball arena.  Then, when our turn came up, the announcer made a sudden change and said our conductor was to be replaced by none other than John Williams himself!  OMFG I almost passed out I was so excited.  He was there to watch his niece or something in a different band and saw in the Playbill that our band was playing the original score from the end credits of Jurassic Park.  He asked if it would be alright if HE conducted, which of course was very welcome.  It was incredible.  We played perfectly, and he had the biggest smile on his face when we were done.  The audience gave us a standing ovation, it was so loud.  After he bowed he stepped aside and clapped for US!  Here we were, 8th graders, playing pro music and being directed by the MAN himself.  It was unforgettable.  I only wish I could have met him in person afterwards, gotten his autograph or something.  Then I heard he was on staff as a director for the Boston Pops and I sooo wanted to play in that orchestra, but never got to.  Dreams fade, but I had one incredible night!  You might think that's nothing, but I mean, it was JOHN WILLIAMS conducting ME!  :)

• Like 2

@hansolo77 that is an awesome recounting of a wonderful life event! He is someone I would love to have met myself. While I can say that I love most of the rock & pop hits of the mid-70s and 80s, his music starting with Star Wars carried my imagination far far away at a difficult time for my family. Those little escapes saved my sanity.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had an amazing discussion with my pal at work.  Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.  What do you think this title means?  Are we talking about Luke rising from the grave?  Are we talking about Kylo Ren (aka Ben Solo, aka Darth Vader's daughter's son, ie a Skywalker) finally killing his mother (Carrie Fisher died remember..RIP) and ascending to be the new Supreme Leader (Snoke's replacement)?  Are they going to reveal Rey is actually a Skywalker too (even though Daisy Ridley (:wub:) said she's done with Star Wars after this)?  What's going on with that Emperor Palpatine laugh at the end?  They wouldn't have thrown that in there for nothing...

One idea we were grounding on was the fact that George Lucas designed Star Wars with biblical context.  Anakin (like Jesus) was created in the womb of a virgin.  In the Extended Universe (now no-longer canon but fully George Lucas approved), it was revealed that Palpatine had in fact influenced the midichlorians to create Anakin.  This makes Palpatine the biblical parallel to God.  You can kill Jesus, but you can't kill God.  If the sequel trilogy is to follow this trend, is it possible Rey might actually be the Jesus of this generation, and was created through influenced midichlorians by Luke before he chose to shut himself off from the Force?  The Palapatine laughter could indicate that Palpatine's body was destroyed (ie, Jesus on the cross), giving up his flesh to allow his "holy spirit" to become full strength.  There have been fan theories that suggest Snoke was Palpatine, Plagueis, or even Windu.  I think Snoke was just a standby, taking the opportunity to lead the fallen Empire and possibly found some recorded teachings of Palpatine's and was actually just a weak Sith if anything at all.  I mean, the only Force power he showed was the pull and hold technique.  Padawan's can do that.  But Snoke may have been getting an ear full of Ghost Palpatine, which now Kylo Ren has full unfiltered access to. 

I know fan theories are completely crap, but a lot of the good ones are actually way better than what will ultimately be shown on screen.  I still really like the idea that Jarjar was a Sith, there's a lot of evidence to support it.  If he wasn't, at least he was being manipulated by the Sith (afterall, Palpatine is FROM the same planet..).  I'm just curious what your thoughts are.  Any theories you'd like to share?  We'll all know this December, but now's a good time to start stirring the pot!

I hadn't really given it too much thought, my expectations are pretty low, considering the first two.  It is possible, however, that we get a Rogue One calibur movie.....which would be a really nice surprise.

I always thought Vader would return, because no matter how you slice it, the whole Star Wars story is Darth Vader in so many ways! 

"no one's every really gone"

• Like 1

Well you've got me to thinking a bit more about this, so I've done some searching based on my suspension.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/star-wars-rise-skywalker-composer-hints-returning-characters/

If you click the link to Anakin's theme, then fast forward to about the 2:30 mark you'll pick up parts of the Imperial March (a hint of things to come, as it the article states). 

He is the original Skywalker, and with these references dating back to Ep. 1, combined with J J's tendencies to regurgitate movies, it only makes sense he will fall back to where it all began.

I haven't been keeping up with the rumor mill on this finale at all, but now that I've seen these rumors suggesting force ghosts battles, perhaps Palpatine and Anakin duke it out in this last hurrah!  Would be a somewhat fitting in given Palpatine stuck him in that cumbersome, heavy and painful armor and never upgraded him

Hard to say, you don't know what bastardizing Disney has do to the Star Wars universe, as the above may no longer be universally accepted as it once was.