All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Battle Damage - Unofficial Star Wars Hype Thread

tthurman

What the heck man... I can't watch these on my tablet.  So I do a Remote Desktop to my computer and try to watch it there.  Still no go.  Then I try on my cell phone, and it plays but with no sound and it looks like they're talking like that Micro Machines guy in the commericals.  A supposedly 2 minute clip is over in 8 seconds lol.  The video card on my PC went out so I can't use it other than through Remote Desktop for the time being.  Oh well.. I'm sure it's cool!  I heard about this when I was setting up Amazon alerts for Star Wars books.  Looks like a sort of CGI clip toon (5 minutes max) based in the Star Wars universe and heavily female character driven.  Girl power, etc.  I'm all for it, long as it's new SW material!  I just wish I could watch it in real time with sound lol.  Gonna just have to wait till it's on TV I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2017 at 9:13 AM, tthurman said:

Sadly, seeing this on TV left me with early dreamlike memories (I was young, very young). I thought I had seen some strange ewok star wars movie, but couldn't remember if I had actually seen it or if it was a dream and false memory. I have a few of those. The penutbutter solution was another of these. BTW, you can't unview the full length films on youtube, weird effects added. Just search them.

6 hours ago, tthurman said:

404 here

On 8/9/2017 at 10:07 AM, Draco1962 said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

shall_we_play_a_game__by_newsaint.jpg

How about this one instead?

tictactoe.gif

I hope those hot heads are no stupider than WOPR. Lets NOT play the game of Global Thermonuclear War...

...please

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks!  I was going to post it myself but you beat me to it.  :)  I gotta say though.. this trailer is kinda blah.  In fact, I think the movie may bomb too.  I could be completely wrong though.  I mean, The Force Awakens pretty much bombed even though the trailer really gave you the chills of excitement.  Maybe my fears of oversaturation is coming true.  All I know is, I watched this trailer and thought to myself "really?"  There's so much wrong with it.  I agree with Mark Hamill that the way the story seems to be going, I'm not at all excited anymore about seeing what happens.  I really REALLY hope I'm just not feeling the trailer and the movie will be good.

8 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

Maybe my fears of oversaturation is coming true.

I'm happy with Rogue One and believe that movie put closure on the original trilogy by providing the background story that in the end was all I really needed to satisfy my world of Star Wars.

Rogue One was actually REALLY good, despite all the negativity.  Force Awakens was such a huge let down for me.  I just hope Last Jedi is better, but it looks like it's gonna suck too based on the trailer.  Maybe it's just Adam Driver.. I'm not feeling him as a villain.  He's weak.  Darth Vader was so badass in his first appearance by not saying much.  This guy talks TOO much.  I'm just not scared of him.  Daisey ( <3 ) and Jon Boyega are good casting but I don't like the "couple" bit that's forming.  She's better as a single outcast, than a romantic floozy.

Go back and watch the original trilogy and poke holes in it, you can if you're looking to.

I knew there were going to be scenes/characters in 7 I wouldn't like, but there is still enough there to like. After reading the book, I appreciate the film more. It's more compelling a story when you know the thoughts and feelings of the characters. Film doesn't always capture the full sense. In this case the movie and book complement one another. Force Awakens wasn't that bad, it just hits a younger demographic - in an unappetizing, prequel trilogy, kind of way. Given that debacle, we were primed to hate anything short of an R rated Star wars movie, which Rogue One filled (albeit a few cuss words short of the R rating). It's a war movie that filled in a reference from the original trilogy. So yeah, it was going to be harder to screw up. The main saga, however, needs to appeal to kids. Jar-Jar's successor therefore is BB-8. A droid is a better choice for comedic relief. There have to be more breaks in the action and lovable/loatheworthy characters. Yeah, they followed the original's plot line as a template, but so what. It spawned a whole new generation of Star Wars! That alone is a science fiction fans dream scenario.

I was starting to feel a bit starved of star wars. I'll take sick of it for awhile. Hopefully there won't be any Jar-Jar or Pre-Teen Love Sap. If they just stick to the Force Awakens amount of childishness, then I'm okay with it. Besides, we get the side movies to fill in the more adult themes. Hopefully the Young Han Solo movie will be the best star wars yet! Huge potential for a stinker though. That one makes me nervous.