All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Battle Damage - Unofficial Star Wars Hype Thread

tthurman

• 4 weeks later...

This video is perhaps the best explained theory of what's to come.

The key thing to take out of this, is that the new canon books, comics, and tv shows are all incorporated.  There's not one single bit of unexplainable idea through them.  Everything is backed up.  If this is truly where the movies are going, I welcome it excitedly.  I've been reading all the new canon books.  Since the fire destroyed all my old books, and the fact that they were all thrown out in a new categorized "Legends", I've decided to rebuild my book collection starting with the new canon.  I've read all of them.  They're REALLY good, and I highly recommend them.  There is so much more going on that is official to the canon, you can really grasp where things are going.  Can't wait to see if they do go with this path.  There's so much more developed history through the new canon materials now.  Grey Jedi... Those who believe the 100% Jedi are to strict in their "only Light Side" views.  Awesome plots.  And you have histories of the Greys existing.. Qui-Gon Jinn, Count Dooku, Ahsoka Tano, The Bendu..  And with the Rogue One story, you also now have more Force followers than just Sith and Jedi with the Guardians (Baze and Chirrut), and the Church of the Force, where we have Lor San Tekka.  I'm loving all of it!  But, as much as the theory that Jar Jar Binks was a Sith Lord (a great theory!), we all know that's just jokes and no way probably.  THIS theory though has so much to back it up.  I hope it's legit.

• Like 1

Oh yeah... I just finished a book written from Luke's perspective between episode 4 and 5, which deals with him learning about the Force and being able to move things.  A trait he just somehow knew how to do in the Wampa cave with no prior exposure to that ability.  But even if you just stick with the movies, the idea that the Jedi are too pig headed on only Light side stuff is evident with QuiGon who repeatedly defied the Jedi Council, and Count Dooku who felt the Jedi were too ignorant to not realize you can be even MORE powerful if you use some Dark Side stuff too.  Anakin, of course, went too far.. but if Luke has found a way to equalize both sides of the Force.. HE is bringing balance!  Because balance is the center, not one side or the other.

• 3 weeks later...

So I picked up Rogue One on SteelBook release day so I could watch the DVD, still haven't dug out my PS3.  Well I watched it last night, and all I can say is WOW :o, this is the movie I've been waiting for.  None of the prequels did much for me, they were okay, but nothing special, not even revenge of the sith (to me anyway), and 7, better, but a remake wasn't what I was hoping for.  I skipped Rogue One in the theaters due to this.

In my opinion Rogue One is by far the best effort since the original trilogy, and a movie well worth having a story line that so closely ties it into the originals.  Great movie IMO!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in Dazzle's For Those About to Rock thread, but  I have to admit being a fan of the music of Star Wars being given the "metal" treatment. Enjoy!

• Like 1

I love these old documentaries, and recall watching this at a friends house up the street.  His dad was real into "high tech" and had a laser disc player.  I thought it couldn't get any better :D  So grainy.....

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.. so apparently the new boss doesn't like it when director's go off script.  Interesting..  Isn't that pretty much what happened with Rogue One, to the point where they had to re-shoot like 70% of the film?  I'm surprised they didn't ask Gareth Edwards to come back and direct this next venture into the standalones.  They could also get Steven Spielberg... that'd be wicked.