All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX does not show blackglass anv VP asks permission

jangus

The Visual Pinball works.

When I start PinballX I do get the playfiled image and menus on screen 1. On screen 2 I can see the backglass.

When I select "start game" the text loading is shown and the backglass is still visible. Then Visual Pinball ask permission to start (that is not preferable) and the backglass goes away at the same time. I have set the exe-file to run in admin mode (Win 7).

If I give Visual Pinball permission to start the selected game starts but without any backglass shown. The DMD is shown at the top of the playfield, I plan to move it later.

When I press esc to quit the game and go back to PinballX I get the Visual Pinball selection to Resume, Debug or Quit. After selecting Quit I amback with the PinballX.

I have no clue what is wrong so I send with the log- and ini-files.

log.txt

PinballX.ini

I just installed everything today. So today is the first time I played that table. But I started it at least 5 times in Visual Pinball and 5 times using PinballX with one reboot of the computer in between as I accidently did choose Shutdown in PinballX.

I am not sure if you have seen this setup document put together by Zeenon, but I heartily recommend reading through it and applying his recommendations for your setup as closely as possible. This may help you to avoid similar issues.

Adobe complains that the document is damaged.

But I found another link for the document in the forum somewhere. I have it printed on paper now and will read it as soon as possible. The date on the first page is 30-Jan-14, so it might be a bit outdated.

The majority of the information should still be fairly current as it reflects changes as of versions 1.96/1.97 and will likely have direct application to your setup and use of Visual Pinball via PinballX.

I will try to right click the DMD next time to see what shows up.

Cabinet mode is enabled.

What back glass server is recommended to use with pinballX?

Edit from here and downward:

Checked the game Settings and the checked ones are:

• Skip Pinball Startup Test
  • Use Sound
  • Use Samples
  • Cabinet Mode

I have 3 monitors named in Windows as 1, 2 and 3

In PinbalX I have set the:

• Monitor 1 as playfield
  • Monitor 2 as Back Glass
  • Monitor 3 as DMD

When I start PinballX:

• the playfield is on monitor 1.
  • the Back Glass is shown on monitor 3 ( I have it set to 2).
  • a small (I have set it bigger in pinballX settings) DMD is shown in the upper left corner of monitor 2 (I have it set to 3)

When I start a table:

• the playfield stays on monitor 1
  • the Back Glass vanishes, or possible go total black as the monitor 3 is black (but I wanted it on 2)
  • the DMD is in the correct size but is now turned CCW and still on the wrong monitor 2.

I have searched to other settings of the screens in PinMame setup, VPinball setup and in PinballX setup but can not find anywhere else to change the monitor settings.

Edited by jangus